AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-24, 02:28   Link #1
jedinat

Looking for manga like these...

1. Student secretly married to teacher at their school (or just secretly married)
2. Romantic manga where the other person is alot younger (ie: Dear Mine)
3. romance manga where the girl is boyish looking and the guy is girly looking (or even just the guy is short and the girl is tall)
4. romance manga where the girl or guy or both has to pretend to be the opposite sex
5. Yuri romance
6. or just any romance with an unusual situation or relationship (ie: vampire... or anything really)
7. Or if all else fails, just a romance where the girl is a virgin and doesn't do it with anyone other than the main guy

Now I'm going to negate most your recommendations with a list of manga I've read or partially read:
A Thousand Years of Snow
Aishiteruze Baby
Akuma de Sourou
Aoi Spice
Atashi wa Bambi
Basara
Beauty is the Beast
Beck
Dear
Dear Mine
Doubt!!
Fruits Basket
Gaaru Reji
Good Morning Call
Hana-Kimi
Happy Hustle High
Hellsing
I's
Ichigo Channel
Ijiwaru Shinaide
Imadok
Kare First Love
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~
Kimi Shika Iranai
Kiss
Lilim's Kiss
Living Game
Love Roma
Lovely Complex
Manga Mitaina Koi Shitai
Mars
Merupuri - Marchen Prince
Minta no Bokura
Never Give Up
Parallel
Pastel
Perfect Girl Evolution
Pieta
Power!!
Rurouni Kenshin
Shadow Lady
Shibuya District - After School
Shion no Ou
Skip Beat
Tokyo Crazy Paradise
Tsuki no Shippo
W-Juliet
Watashi no Ookami-san
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Yotsubato!
You're so Cool

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-01-24 at 21:51.
Old 2006-01-24, 02:52   Link #2
Morisato

DNAngel - Yaoi AND girly looking boys/manly looking girls.
Old 2006-01-24, 03:38   Link #3
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
DNAngel - Yaoi AND girly looking boys/manly looking girls.
No yaoi!!! Ugh, I'm a guy. I said yuri yuri yuri.

And my only interest in the girl/guy appearance swaps is that I think its interesting. I loved Hana-Kimi, W-Juliet, etc...
It's not like I'm attracted to crossdressers or manly women or anything...

But, yeah, thanks for the reply at least. (I've seen the DNAngel anime btw)

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-01-31 at 20:08.
Old 2006-01-24, 20:47   Link #4
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Maybe you'd be interested in Ranma 1/2. It fits your number 4 in a way, because the main character is under a curse that transforms him into a girl. It's not strictly romance per say, more comedy with a bit of fighting, though it has its moments. The manga is quite long and characters develop slowly, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.
Old 2006-01-24, 21:46   Link #5
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah
Maybe you'd be interested in Ranma 1/2. It fits your number 4 in a way, because the main character is under a curse that transforms him into a girl. It's not strictly romance per say, more comedy with a bit of fighting, though it has its moments. The manga is quite long and characters develop slowly, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.
Alas, I forgot to put Ranma on my list. I have the first volume... and have seen at least 130 episodes of the anime. It's not bad if you don't mind absolutely no character development. (or story development for that matter)
Old 2006-01-24, 22:17   Link #6
Calca
Expressionless

DNAngel does not have Yaoi.

At least the anime does not.

Try Akane-chan Overdrive. It's unlicensed and by the same mangaka who did Ichigo 100%. Guy dies, and is given another chance by being put in a girl's body.

There is another manga with the same premise but I can't remember the name.
Old 2006-01-24, 22:36   Link #7
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Try Akane-chan Overdrive. It's unlicensed and by the same mangaka who did Ichigo 100%. Guy dies, and is given another chance by being put in a girl's body.

There is another manga with the same premise but I can't remember the name.
It looks.. interesting. But I'm not really interested in ecchi, or even shounen romance (if there is indeed any romance at all in it).

edit~
I see it's only two volumes, there's really no reason for me not to check it out then

edit~
I just read it... it was rather horrible, lol

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-01-25 at 01:04.
Old 2006-01-25, 01:42   Link #8
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
DN angel isn't Yaoi *rolls eyes*

hmmm let's see....have you read the fullmoon wo sagashite manga?

mamotte lollipop (I like cute manga ^-^)
i liked eden's bowy manga alot

i hoped i helped
Old 2006-01-25, 01:49   Link #9
jedinat

Well I've seen the Full Moon and Eden's Bowy animes. (loved the former, hated the latter, especially the ending)

I'll check out Mamotte!! Lollipop...

edit~
I read the first volume. It's decent, a bit too conventional and kiddy for my taste.

And Morisato, you should probably edit that yaoi comment about DNAngel before people start going into convulsions.

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-01-25 at 04:00.
Old 2006-01-25, 03:54   Link #10
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Quote:
Alas, I forgot to put Ranma on my list. I have the first volume... and have seen at least 130 episodes of the anime. It's not bad if you don't mind absolutely no character development. (or story development for that matter)
Well with all honesty the manga and the anime differ a bit. The anime has a lot more filler stories and never really was intended to end where it did (the company producing it went out of business so it lacks the ending). As I said it’s not fast development, but things do change some by the 18th volume and beyond, though mostly in the last eight. It’s mostly comedy though, but I guess the ending made me a bit sentimental towards it.

Quote:
6. or just any romance with an unusual situation or relationship (ie: vampire... or anything really)
I’ve only read the first two chapters of the Karin manga, but it might be of interest to you--it seemed to be developing to a romantic comedy, though it’s hard to tell from the little I’ve read. If you don’t know about it, the title character is a bit of an unusual vampire. There’s an anime accompanying it as well.

Finally I’d suggest you look at Misfile.com. It is not a manga, but an online web comic, so somewhat similar. I don’t remember where I found the link originally but the story might be of interest to you. The story is about an Angel that “misfiles” a human’s soul so to speak and ends up turning a boy into a girl, among other things. I think there’s a romance developing as well, though since it is ongoing, I cannot promise anything. It does seem to have quite a bit of fan service though.

Anyway, I am sorry I am not of too much help, I don’t read as much manga as I watch anime.
Old 2006-01-25, 04:42   Link #11
jedinat

Quote:
...and never really was intended to end where it did (the company producing it went out of business so it lacks the ending).
And here I thought that was just how Ranma's creator liked to do things. *remembers the ending to Inuyasha*

Quote:
I’ve only read the first two chapters of the Karin manga, but it might be of interest to you--it seemed to be developing to a romantic comedy, though it’s hard to tell from the little I’ve read. If you don’t know about it, the title character is a bit of an unusual vampire. There’s an anime accompanying it as well.
I'm following the anime... might as well see if the manga is any good. (though her reluctance to just bite the guy and get it over with is getting on my nerves)

Thanks for your reply, I'll check that site as well.
Closed Thread