AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 05:19   Link #81
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I know that it will be a tricky, expensive, and controversial task, but it is the only type that will work. Remember that without Zwei, Hayate kept destroying every Device that Shari made for her. Naruto would be just as hard on a regular Device, especially when he starts channeling the Kyubi's power, and/or the power of nature (Sage Mode).

Fortunately, Naruto would be well-suited to the Belkan system. this is good because no one has to try and figure out how to make a Midchild system UD.
Only to make Rein Hayate used part of her own linker core. Anybody ready to risk that would want UD for himself, it's compatibility would be with said person (and if it will be compatible with Naruto is flickery chance). And with Fox using Naruto's core is not good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Devices are an aid, not a solution. It has been specifically noted that elemental magic requires a different type of training than 'regular' magic if one does not have an affinity. Note how in A's, the Lieze twins were impressed by Chrono mastering elemental magic.

In Negima's case, the majority of the basic spells are elemental in nature. Note, for example, that the gross majority of spells Negi calls upon are elemental in nature. Wind defenses, using the air element to boost speed, his magic arrows of light, lightning attacks... his elemental arsenal far outweighs his non-elemental. And this goes for most mages you see in Negima. Heck, practe bigi nar, the first spell any young mage will learn, already consists of creating fire.

In Negima, elemental magic is the basics of the basics. In Nanohaverse, it's for advanced users.
It's difference between control, if Negimaverse mages would feed energy not to elemental spirits but to something akin to Nanohaverse devices said elemental nature most likely wouldn't appear. Nanohaverse mages don't have such convenient medium.

PS. Page claim for good Nanoha/Negima crossovers that make sense... Why, why, WHY there aren't any?

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 06:20   Link #82
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well this thread turned out more popular than I thought it'd be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
I don't recall John having any trouble with yellow in the cartoon aside from that pudding. The weakness is also never formally acknowledged. Writers should probably just do what they feel most comfortable with, but the yellow weakness doesn't seem to exist for the animated Lanterns.
The weakness against yellow has been pretty much erased from almost every Green Lantern story after the defeat of Paralax. If it's mentioned at all these days it's mostly described as a "rookie weakness."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 07:26   Link #83
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Damn... Now I'm wishing I don't have a nasty block due to hyper-imagination....

In FF.net, there's a NarutoXNanoha fic called Die Sterne. It's a fanfic about Hinata and Fate having some sort of connection that allows them to communicate for a some time.
While most of us know they have similar family issue, some of us know that both of them shares Nana Mizuki as their VA...

I'm not imposing a challenge but it's quite interesting to see the interaction 2 different persons from different worlds/realities while having either the same/similar background or issue and/or having the same voice due to their VA's and both of them tries to help each other out.

What do you guys think about it?
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 08:45   Link #84
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Did he ever touched the angel in season one? My memory about the whole series is a bit hazy
That thing inside Index? I think he did, but I dunno if they said that did anything but destroy the Enchantment that would kill her...which basically flash fried a good portion of his memories, so its not an invincible power.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 10:54   Link #85
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Speaking about Naruto and Nanoha crossovers, does kekkei genkai included in the Rare Skill ability? You know, like combining two different Nature Transformations (Naruto's equivalent to Nanoha's Mana Conversion Affinity)?

Examples:
1. Ice = Water + Wind
2. Wood = Earth + Water
3. Lava = Fire + Earth
4. Blaze = Manipulation of Amaterasu's black flames
etc.

P.S.:
1. So far, there is two MCA in Nanoha-verse: Fire and Lightning.
2. Despite Shamal have a Shield of Wind ability and Hayate's Breath of Ice area-of-effect spells, both are not included in the MCA.
3. There is a possibility that Corona's golem summons made from earth and soil materials.
4. I wonder know if there is a water MCA, for example, an spell to create tsunami waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
In FF.net, there's a NarutoXNanoha fic called Die Sterne. It's a fanfic about Hinata and Fate having some sort of connection that allows them to communicate for a some time.
While most of us know they have similar family issue, some of us know that both of them shares Nana Mizuki as their VA...

I'm not imposing a challenge but it's quite interesting to see the interaction 2 different persons from different worlds/realities while having either the same/similar background or issue and/or having the same voice due to their VA's and both of them tries to help each other out.

What do you guys think about it?
As you can see, both of them has shy personality and soft spoken manner. Nana Mizuki is well known of voicing Shrinking Violet Yamato Nadeshiko characters.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:53   Link #86
DKN117

How about this idea:

On their way to Midchilda after the Book Of Darkness Incident, the Asura, with the whole gang aboard, is caught in a dimensional storm. Their ship is more-or-less undamaged, but they are tossed out into a universe previously unknown, in orbit of a humongous gas giant. Their scanners pick up something unusual: a heavily-damaged, blocky, mass-weapon-using starship trying to fight off several sleek, plasma-using alien ships, while a huge ringworld hangs in the distance...

Another idea that I can't think of a way to make into a snippet: StrikerS era (or after) and Mass Effect. Nanoha and company help Shepard in dealing with Saren and the Collectors... and, in revenge, when the Reapers' invasion of the galaxy commences, they also hit Midchilda.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 14:30   Link #87
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
That thing inside Index? I think he did, but I dunno if they said that did anything but destroy the Enchantment that would kill her...which basically flash fried a good portion of his memories, so its not an invincible power.
No, I mean the angel who somehow got stranded at Japan because Touma's father accidentally made an angel...summoning...shrine...thingy (yeah, I don't really get that Arc). The one who in the climax got stalled by Kanzaki Kaori while Touma tried to break the shrine thingy.
Old 2011-11-25, 14:41   Link #88
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Only to make Rein Hayate used part of her own linker core.
Yeah. The grafted part that Reinforce Ein left behind. Not part of her OWN core.

Besides, Naruto has two such grafts in the form of his mother and father's souls. So maybe the TSAB could turn both of them into Unison Devices, or make two Unison Devices based on what's left behind in Naruto's soul when they pass on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Speaking about Naruto and Nanoha crossovers, does kekkei genkai included in the Rare Skill ability?
You mean, "Would they be roughly the same thing?"

Yes, they would. Any power or ability which cannot be learned, but only inherited genetically, would be classified as a Rare Ability or Bloodline Limit (Kekkai Genkai).

Quote:
Nana Mizuki is well known of voicing Shrinking Violet Yamato Nadeshiko characters.
Neither character is a Yamato Nadeshiko. An ideal YN would not cringe, flinch, stutter or exhibit any sign of fear. YN's are supposed to be pillars of quiet strength.

A Shrinking Violet can grow into a Yamato Nadeshiko, but she isn't one yet.

In any case, I am also reading Die Sterne at the moment. I don't yet have an opinion on it, but I have one more chapter to go.

I'd be willing to give a chance to other such crossovers that link together characters by personality and voice-actor.

For example, Saber from Fate/Stay Night and Gwendolyn from the Vanillaware videogame, Odin Sphere. Though there doesn't seem to be much of a point to that, considering how their stories go.

Quote:
Page claim for good Nanoha/Negima crossovers that make sense... Why, why, WHY there aren't any?
I dunno. Especially when, cosmetic issues with elemental magic aside, the two series are extremely compatible.

Much more so than Macross, Warhammer, or Halo.

The Nanohaverse just isn't going to mesh well with settings involving giant mecha, since mages already fill the role of mecha. A gundam looks pretty silly next to a ten-year-old girl that works just as well.

And what's Master Chief supposed to do when ten-year-olds appear like Superman to solve all of his problems?

The best sort of crossovers DO NOT render the protagonists of one side pointless.

That's why, if you have a Metal Gear / Transformers crossover, you have to feature Solid Snake fighting the miniature transformers in tactical espionage action, and keep encounters with the regular giant Transformers limited to climax moments, as if they were Metal Gear.

Sticking Snake in the middile of a heavy metal deathmatch between Optimus Prime and Megatron would be bad writing.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 16:20   Link #89
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Yeah. The grafted part that Reinforce Ein left behind. Not part of her OWN core.
??? Reinforce Linker Core was melded with Hayate's. It's impossible to differentiate between two since.

Quote:
Besides, Naruto has two such grafts in the form of his mother and father's souls. So maybe the TSAB could turn both of them into Unison Devices, or make two Unison Devices based on what's left behind in Naruto's soul when they pass on.
TSAB is NOT that good. Even normal unison devices are nearly impossible.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 18:15   Link #90
mechdra

if mecha does not work well, we still have TRANSFORMERS! They have elements of mecha yet they can adapt well to any world without a problem. However, they will not look good since the vehicles in Midchilda look kind of square.

Another idea I have is to have Angry Birds XD. They can be in the place where Erio and Caro work. Their constant war affect the whole ecosystem and the two young mage need to settle it once and for all.

Last edited by mechdra; 2011-11-25 at 20:33.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:00   Link #91
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Another idea I have is to have Angry Birds XD. They can be in the place where Erio and Caro work. Their constant war afect the whole ecosystem and the young mage need to settle it once and for all.
*Performs an artillery bombardment of FAT CHOCOBOS at Mechadra*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:39   Link #92
DKN117

Okay... seeing as my previous suggestions were ignored...

Picture this: A certain hero is tossed through the realms and onto Midchilda by a mishap during an experiment run by his two-tailed little sidekick. Nanoha & co. are fighting off a swarm of Scaglietti's Gadget Drones. A group of them are about to overrun the Forwards. Suddenly, a blue blur of speed comes crashing in, bouncing off of and destroying the droids with incredible speed.

Caro: "Who... Who and what are you? Some kind of living super-weapon or something?"

"Heh. Nothing like that. What you see is what you get - just a guy who loves adventure! I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!"

Maybe later on, the rest of the Sonic crew (Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Rouge, etc) would show up. Oh, and imagine Nanoha and Fate empowered by the Chaos Emeralds. ...Would the Emeralds count as Lost Logia?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:17   Link #93
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
How about this idea:

On their way to Midchilda after the Book Of Darkness Incident, the Asura, with the whole gang aboard, is caught in a dimensional storm. Their ship is more-or-less undamaged, but they are tossed out into a universe previously unknown, in orbit of a humongous gas giant. Their scanners pick up something unusual: a heavily-damaged, blocky, mass-weapon-using starship trying to fight off several sleek, plasma-using alien ships, while a huge ringworld hangs in the distance...

Another idea that I can't think of a way to make into a snippet: StrikerS era (or after) and Mass Effect. Nanoha and company help Shepard in dealing with Saren and the Collectors... and, in revenge, when the Reapers' invasion of the galaxy commences, they also hit Midchilda.
Well, apart from yours, there's also Lost Logia Incident Report: Halo Array, but it hasn't been updated in five months.

Oh, and you should know by now that people here would rather not say anything than throw out generic, useless blabber like "fund it!" or "shut up and take my money!" We're not SB. So silence doesn't mean it was ignored outright. You didn't even wait a full day to bump it, as it is.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:25   Link #94
Sunder the Gold

@ The SONIC THE HEDGEHOG idea:

You could consider their planet of Mobius (sp?) to exist in the same universe; it's definitely not Earth.

Considering how well he does against Robotnik's robots, Sonic would even fit in just fine in the JS Incident.

Of course, everyone will probably freak out a bit, because Sonic will be the first non-human alien seen in the Nanohaverse. They might wonder if he's a strange form of Familiar.

Jail will want to capture him for study, especially if he theorizes Sonic's super speed to be an organic form of Inherent Skill... which it might very well be. (Or does the existing term "Rare Skill" cover that already? Either way, Jail wants to puzzle it out.)

Anyone else who isn't Tails or Knuckles can stay the hell away, and I consider even those two optional.

@ Halo

I already answered it. You may have missed it, since it wasn't the main point of the posts in which I mentioned Halo.

This is because I consider it a silly idea. I've already explained why.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:16   Link #95
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Why i suddenly imagine Shadow The Hedgehog developing a soft spot for Lutecia xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 04:46   Link #96
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Of course, everyone will probably freak out a bit, because Sonic will be the first non-human alien seen in the Nanohaverse. They might wonder if he's a strange form of Familiar.
Given that they're already comfortable with dragons, giant bugs, humanoid bugs, giant stone turtles, weird worm things and possibly even elves (StrikerS 2, 20:53) I'd say that any reaction they would have would be more curiosity than freaking out.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 05:04   Link #97
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Stll they haven't met yet something as silly as a cartoonish blue Hedgehog xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 10:17   Link #98
green-link94

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7562575/...e_Lyrical_Step

found this a few days ago
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 12:06   Link #99
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Given that they're already comfortable with dragons, giant bugs, humanoid bugs, giant stone turtles, weird worm things and possibly even elves (StrikerS 2, 20:53) I'd say that any reaction they would have would be more curiosity than freaking out.
None of those creatures speak human language or wear shoes. It's likely that Garyu only wears that scarf because Lutecia asks him to, and she likely only got it because Sein thought it would be cool.

Garyu's humanoid form might be the result of deliberate genetic design, as I imagine he and the bugs and other summons are biological weapons from Al Hazard or Ancient Belkan.

*checks that episode*

So, there are people wearing normal Midchildan clothes, but who happen to have longer, pointy ears and no other visible difference.

They could be familiars. Or it could be some sort of mutation. It could be some nonsense the artists threw in because no one would notice it and it wasn't going to impact anything.
Old 2011-11-26, 12:07   Link #100
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-link94 View Post
Anyone who commits the sin of not seperating dialogue into different paragraphs is someone who should not yet be posting stories.