AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 10:53   Link #1
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Anime Festival Asia

Yes, it's back in Singapore for the fourth year running. Yes, a number of familiar names are coming again, from singers Ichirou Mizuki and May'n to cosplayer Kaname and blogger Danny Choo. But the biggest YES of all goes to the new acts coming to Anime Festival Asia 2011. They include Kalafina, Flow and Hatsune Miku, "appearing" in hologram here for the first time.

The festival will run from Nov 11 to 13 at Suntec Singapore. The events calendar should be up at the website soon or, alternatively, keep track of the latest news at the event's Facebook page.

Personally, I'm no longer geek enough to be excited about AFA2011. Still, I'm disappointed that I won't be able to catch Kalafina in concert on Nov 13. What's left of the nerd in me will have to settle for Hatsune Miku on Nov 11. I'll see if leek glowsticks are available. Would definitely love getting one of those as a souvenir.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 07:47   Link #2
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

ITOU KANAKO AND GirlDeMo.....EPIC SHIT

368 bucks.....arrgh...three days standing or 368 bucks....screw it, we'll see on Saturday...
Old 2011-09-27, 08:50   Link #3
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Why Singaporeans always had the best anime festivals? Here in Malaysia the best anime and manga fans have is Comicfiesta, which is pretty bland for me.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 08:54   Link #4
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ It's not that much better here.
Old 2011-09-27, 08:59   Link #5
JokerD

I'm disappointed that JAM Project is not coming this year. Also the past 2 years feel more like an anime bazaar than a convention... But I'll still be going anyway, curse my anime addiction...

Edit: @Cosmic Eagle, where did you get the pricing info from, I can't seem to find any... or how to book the tickets
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 10:30   Link #6
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Edit: @Cosmic Eagle, where did you get the pricing info from, I can't seem to find any... or how to book the tickets
Presumably from here?

Quote:
Concert tickets sales will be sold through SISTIC from 1 Oct 2011. Fans who want to gain premium viewing seats and exclusive fan treats can purchase a 1-Day I Love Anisong VIP Concert ticket at S$148, or a three-day ticket at S$368. For more casual concert goers, 1-Day I Love Anisong Standing concert tickets are available at S$48 each.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 09:17   Link #7
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Why Singaporeans always had the best anime festivals? Here in Malaysia the best anime and manga fans have is Comicfiesta, which is pretty bland for me.
I think its a little better off compared to other neighbouring countries, where these kind of conventions are more frequent, you just have to know people or ask around to find out about events and stuff.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 19:28   Link #8
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I'm disappointed that JAM Project is not coming this year. Also the past 2 years feel more like an anime bazaar than a convention... But I'll still be going anyway, curse my anime addiction...

well there's a 20 buck discount for those who buy the 3 day pass on Saturday...
Old 2011-09-30, 21:12   Link #9
JokerD

Ticket selling started, discounted 3 day pass ($348) until Friday, then the $366 price is valid.

Daily festive (event area) price is $8, festive + stage is $20

Concert tickets is $148 per day seated, $48 per day standing.

Well, I've already gotten the 3 day pass, although I question the worth of the 1st day with only the Miku concert... Seated tickets are a misnomer, since everyone would stand up once the concert started... If the event is anything like the last year, the festive + stage ticket (if your not getting the concert tickets) are more worth it since the event area is usually fill with vendors trying to sell anime stuff.

There also seems to be a ticket for a 'Cool Japan Forum' on the 11th (Fri), my guess is that it's a industry forum and press conference for the stars coming into AFA... this is $85

1 loophole from last year is that the concert pass was a pass you wear around your neck and they still gave you a wristband for entry to the event area. I just wore the concert pass to go everywhere and gave the wristband to a friend who got in for free. I wonder if that will be the same this year...
Old 2011-10-01, 09:56   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This is insane. They are charging $3 for every ticket, and there is 1 ticket for everyday ($9 if you buy the package) - shouldn't it be a single premium ticket instead of 3 separate ones? Though that didn't stop people from buying....when I was back at my desk at work at 9.40am I was dropped into Row D.

At least they listened and stopped using bloody Gatecrash - the server crashes ALMOST every year.

The Cool Japan forum isn't worth it. $85 for just a couple of people talking? No way. Though I am glad they brought in HomuHomu, but I wish they would go back to the first one (2008) where there is a section dedicated for forums and talks by a whole slew of industry professionals.

7-chan next year please.....I want to see the PTT / SAFJO being activated at Suntec. Next year I'll probably cosplay as a Zaku (no money to build the suit this year, had the schematics drawn out already) hanging all every year's tag around my neck.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 13:10   Link #11
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@JokerD: Can you help me by buying a Cardfight!! Vanguard English trial deck there (so I can teach people)?
Old 2011-10-01, 20:20   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This is insane. They are charging $3 for every ticket, and there is 1 ticket for everyday ($9 if you buy the package) - shouldn't it be a single premium ticket instead of 3 separate ones? Though that didn't stop people from buying....when I was back at my desk at work at 9.40am I was dropped into Row D.
Yeah...348 bucks became 357 burnt in my pocket....

Anyway it seems fri is for concert only (not going to the forum) yes?

I hope they sell that delicious Inoue Takuya version Al Azif figma there....or Etheldreda...
Old 2011-10-01, 20:23   Link #13
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
@JokerD: Can you help me by buying a Cardfight!! Vanguard English trial deck there (so I can teach people)?
I'll keep a lookout for you, no promises though, since I encountered my fair share of event screwups and soldouts to agree to something out of my control...
Edit: OK, it's in my calendar, let's see how this goes.

I got a row C, center block, close to the sides, looks like my ear drums are gonna burst and my neck is gonna get strained this year...
Old 2011-10-01, 20:26   Link #14
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The seats are almost all taken yes? When I bought them at 1pm yesterday almost everything was crossed out....
Old 2011-10-03, 10:20   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I got the D (first 2) and E (last day) rows. I am going with a friend.

Quote:
I'll keep a lookout for you, no promises though, since I encountered my fair share of event screwups and soldouts to agree to something out of my control...
Edit: OK, it's in my calendar, let's see how this goes.

I got a row C, center block, close to the sides, looks like my ear drums are gonna burst and my neck is gonna get strained this year...
You went to JAM Project's last year right? I got the 4th row and it was OK.....other than a generic otaku (big sized, rotund, bespectacled) blocking my view.

I wish they didn't bring in Sea*A. They are pretty much a bunch of NCACs...why don't they bring in the Touhou indie bands like COOL&CREATE, SoundHolic, Tsubaki or Senya if they are so low on budget? I am sure COOL&CREATE might cause an uproar with the original Tasukete Eirin (Oppai....oppai.....), but the rest are just fine.

$348 becomes $357 for each ticket. Dammit I wish CASE would step in and charge them for overpricing, but they don't have any competition. I was hoping for Suara because I missed her earlier this year in August.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-10-09, 06:33   Link #16
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I got the D (first 2) and E (last day) rows. I am going with a friend.

You went to JAM Project's last year right? I got the 4th row and it was OK.....other than a generic otaku (big sized, rotund, bespectacled) blocking my view.

I wish they didn't bring in Sea*A. They are pretty much a bunch of NCACs...why don't they bring in the Touhou indie bands like COOL&CREATE, SoundHolic, Tsubaki or Senya if they are so low on budget? I am sure COOL&CREATE might cause an uproar with the original Tasukete Eirin (Oppai....oppai.....), but the rest are just fine.
AGREED. Imagine seeing Wooming and co or Crow's Claw here....

EDIT: Wow I'm on E for the last day too...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-10-11 at 07:45.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 03:11   Link #17
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Going to the Singapore for 3 consecutive years.
Though this year I only attend the 2nd day of Concert. Got my seat already.
B11... Why i am getting side seat for every year?? O.o
My main catch for this year is definitely HomuHomu and Hitagi...

I hope that this year they bring more industrial material to AFA and not turning it into toys fair like last year. SHAFT to open a stand there??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
AFA has been slotted for Malaysia and Indonesia next year.
Just pray that Malaysia will have the same excitement like Singapore.
Dunno about Indonesia though.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 07:47   Link #18
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Going to the Singapore for 3 consecutive years.
Though this year I only attend the 2nd day of Concert. Got my seat already.
B11... Why i am getting side seat for every year?? O.o
My main catch for this year is definitely HomuHomu and Hitagi...

I hope that this year they bring more industrial material to AFA and not turning it into toys fair like last year. SHAFT to open a stand there??

You wish....

just it being one of the closest things to Animelo outside Japan is enough for me...
Old 2011-10-14, 04:35   Link #19
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
AGREED. Imagine seeing Wooming and co or Crow's Claw here....

EDIT: Wow I'm on E for the last day too...
I blame the Galactic Fairy Voice. We need to issue some fan suppressant. J/king.

Anyway, this will be the second time I am cosplaying in 3-5 years (forgotten the last embarrassing experience thus I have this shameless GAR again), though at a different event. Maybe we should all tag each other, or play hide-and-seek with each other on the camera.

C.A would be easy to catch provided he wears his Haruhi armband, but I haven't seen forgottendiary for years (or at least since the first one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Too late. It WILL be a toys fair, even the owners of a couple of otaku stores in Singapore grumbled about deciding to get a booth.

Quote:
AFA has been slotted for Malaysia and Indonesia next year.
Just pray that Malaysia will have the same excitement like Singapore.
Dunno about Indonesia though.
If that is so I will have to reallocate some funds to go there. Though I am afraid it might be clamped down by the religious councils because of the context of "cosplay".

Old 2011-10-14, 12:29   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I blame the Galactic Fairy Voice. We need to issue some fan suppressant. J/king.

Anyway, this will be the second time I am cosplaying in 3-5 years (forgotten the last embarrassing experience thus I have this shameless GAR again), though at a different event. Maybe we should all tag each other, or play hide-and-seek with each other on the camera.

C.A would be easy to catch provided he wears his Haruhi armband, but I haven't seen forgottendiary for years (or at least since the first one).

Too late. It WILL be a toys fair, even the owners of a couple of otaku stores in Singapore grumbled about deciding to get a booth.

If that is so I will have to reallocate some funds to go there. Though I am afraid it might be clamped down by the religious councils because of the context of "cosplay".
Hurr... good luck catching us on camera in that crowd...

I just hope they don't jack the price of figma and stuff up again from usual....

Or any shit happens to interfere with my leave on that period....

And yeah, isn't it being a toys fair normal? I mean, it is a miniature Comiket + Animelo....