AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 19:15   Link #4041
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
OH, GOOD GOD! That would definitely be a Hilde/Duo family outing right there!!! You are really paying close attention to the series!
lol That's a nice way of saying I'm a nerd.

Quote:
Really? Only the Winner heirs have a middle name? I never heard of the at before... heck, I can't remember if Quatre's father had a middle name in the series. See, if Sumizawa would have told us that Katrine Oud was created so she could be the next heir to the Winner linage, because Quatre never married and fathered any kids, I think I would be more accepting about her existence. I still don't think that Quatre would clone himself just for this, but it would make much more sense then if he created her just to be spare parts!
Quatre's dad didn't even have a first name in the series. The GW novelization revealed it's Zayeed. And then FT added Tabla as his middle name. A joke about musical instruments apparently.
I still don't see Quatrine's reason of existence to be anything but a gendebent generation xerox requirement. The reasons FT gives us are so ludicrous and contradictory, Sumizawa might as well have said Quatre was just bored. Or that he lost a bet. Whatever.

Quote:
I'm sure it was the yaoi fandom, because after all, look at them! They look so cute together!!!
*doesn't see it* No wonder, most of the time the only thing they have in common with their fanfic counterparts is their name. The goes for all sorts of fics, especially AUs, but with yaoi it's annoying to see a bloke be turned into a chick. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
True, but it would still be wrote as "six". There are a couple of ways to look at this:

Cis is another name for C#. From a Latin perspective it also means "on the same side".
True again. For the sake of keeping stuff apart Cis would be best I guess.
I busted a gut when Google translate gave me "Sith Marquis." So even Google is cracking Star Wars jokes about FT now. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Whether they were best of buds is an debate for another time, but I'd actually say Heero and Duo hung out together more than they did with other pilots. From the series, to the supporting mangas that are considered canon, and EW, they were often around one another.
Hm, I don't know. While it's true that Heero and Duo hang out, it's also true that Duo and Quatre seem to be the only ones to keep in touch past the series. In EW it was them who sent the Gundams off to the sun and the whole messaging thing was going on between them as well. Even in the supporting manga like BT we see Duo show up at Quatre's and have some tea with him. With Heero I'd say it's more of them teaming up often for a mission but as far as I remember they're usually surprised to see each other.

Here's also the cover of the new FT chap:
Spoiler for masks galore:

Asagi needs to take an anatomy class. Necks aren't that long.
Also LOL, Katrina dons the Zechs mask and suddenly her hair is the same paler shade of blond as Milliardo's? xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 00:09   Link #4042
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
It seems like they are acknowledging that people want to see the new suits. I expect them within the next 2 months.
Knowing them, no it's just an elaborate troll-face for the fans... The Myth Busters proved that yes you can polish a turd... but it's still poo.

And yes in that image for the cover of the chapter the artist needs their eyes examined/should wear their glasses...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 01:19   Link #4043
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I still don't see Quatrine's reason of existence to be anything but a gendebent generation xerox requirement. The reasons FT gives us are so ludicrous and contradictory, Sumizawa might as well have said Quatre was just bored. Or that he lost a bet. Whatever.
Even it was to just introduce us to Generation Xerox, citing that Quatre created her to be an heir rather then spare parts would have been a much better explanation as to why she lives... Granted all this could have been avoid if Quatre, I don't know, groomed one of his many nephews to do the job..? I mean, with 29 sisters, there's bound to be a kid who could take up the mantel, right?

Quote:
I busted a gut when Google translate gave me "Sith Marquis." So even Google is cracking Star Wars jokes about FT now. xD
OMG! I took a step back and was like "WTF..? does it mean Smith..?" Although, I must say, that I do like the idea of a Sith Marquis!

Quote:
OMG! Que the music!
Ruling kingdoms by sunlight!
Impeding the Alliance by moonlight!
She is the one they call Kathrine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Whether they were best of buds is an debate for another time, but I'd actually say Heero and Duo hung out together more than they did with other pilots. From the series, to the supporting mangas that are considered canon, and EW, they were often around one another.
I'd say that Heero probably spent the most time with Trowa in the series. An unconscious month (which doesn't really count) and then traveling with him on his mission of self pity and- opps, I mean, his redemption phase when he asked family members of dead Alliance members to kill him for killing their loved ones. And finally, being test pilots for OZ for, what, about a month (the series said)?
Quatre would be runner up, having spent time with him in Sanc before the kingdom fell again.
Duo and WuFei hardly spent any time with Heero... other then being locked up in the same jail cell for close to a month.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 19:15   Link #4044
susyia

it's relena or one of the twins sisters in the chapter??
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:04   Link #4045
Hawaiian_Gurl8o8

Send a message via Yahoo to Hawaiian_Gurl8o8
Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
They are Sabrina and Katrina Peacecaraft on that cover , which is really stunning by the way .
Old 2012-03-28, 15:54   Link #4046
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Even it was to just introduce us to Generation Xerox, citing that Quatre created her to be an heir rather then spare parts would have been a much better explanation as to why she lives... Granted all this could have been avoided if Quatre, I don't know, groomed one of his many nephews to do the job..? I mean, with 29 sisters, there's bound to be a kid who could take up the mantel, right?
I dunno, mate. Saying Quatre needed to clone himself an heir would have every yaoi fangirl squeal in delight, since he'd be obviously gay if he couldn't do it the conventional way. And goodness knows, he's had enough people call him that for dumber reasons.
But whether Quatrine is a cloned heir or cloned spare parts, either way makes no difference to me. With 29 sisters neither makes sense. It's as you say; if he doesn't want kids a nephew would suffice. Heck, I wouldn't mind if Quatrine was Irea's daughter. I don't see why Sumizawa didn't go with that since they already had that relationship. And where did that crap with (married!) Rashid having the hots for Irea come from?

Quote:
OMG! Que the music!
Ruling kingdoms by sunlight!
Impeding the Alliance by moonlight!
She is the one they call Kathrine!
So that's how the cat fits in! xDDD

Quote:
Duo and WuFei hardly spent any time with Heero... other then being locked up in the same jail cell for close to a month.
You're forgetting their time in school together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Judging from the other pics that feature King Peacecraft and Cinquante Kushrenada this chapter is most likely another history lesson.

EDIT: Ha, I wonder why I didn't notice this sooner.

Spoiler for Heero and Relena, err, Katrina?:

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2012-03-28 at 18:07.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:17   Link #4047
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:

how many time passed during that, relena was with them + zecks was trying to control the tallgeese
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:50   Link #4048
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
And this month's Glory is 16 pages of nothing... literally the 15 second duel with Treize and that's it. 3 pages of dialogue basically LOL
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 19:16   Link #4049
susyia

I do not think he is gay is quatre gentleman with a good heart he has his manly moments in anime and manga the fact they were not married reflects how he feels over time.....his a good match I think that many candidates were frustrated by not getting anything with him hehehehe
Old 2012-03-29, 02:09   Link #4050
Eeni

Quote:
And where did that crap with (married!) Rashid having the hots for Irea come from?
WHOOOAAAA!!! When did this happen and why did I miss this bit of nonsense?! I thought I read somewhere that Rashid already had a wife, she just wasn't mentioned during the series.

Quote:
, it didn't seem like they were in the same school for more then a week or two... Point being that Heero spent more time with other characters then he did with Duo.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 05:24   Link #4051
peacecraft

Wow, since I've been gone so much crap has happened!! 0_0

I have a lot of catching up to do.... (Are we still in need of monthly ACE scans anymore? I haven't been buying ACE since my absence either... or updated by blogspot)

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 05:31   Link #4052
wingzerosnuggles

Yeah, your scans are always appreciated. It'd be nice to have a full gallery of the Frozen Teardrop art.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 06:17   Link #4053
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
All of Glory of Losers is available now so...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:29   Link #4054
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Woo, new chapter! Thanks, Deacon. Though it's as you say, 16 pages of pretty much nothing lol. Eh, nice to see they kept the scene at least. I wonder if it'll have any significance that Trowa is still in an airplane. It's not like he cares about Wu Fei's honor stuff, if it's to kill Treize, he'll just ram that thing into the ship, Sally style. xD

Quote:
WHOOOAAAA!!! When did this happen and why did I miss this bit of nonsense?! I thought I read somewhere that Rashid already had a wife, she just wasn't mentioned during the series.
Take a look at this relationship chart. At the bottom, above the C of AC there's a little heart. I trust you can read the katakana that spell "Doctor Iria." So yeah. >_>
As for Rashid's wife, yep, her name is Kami who, as you correctly said, wasn't mentioned during the series. Like a boatload of other (important?) people.

Quote:
, it didn't seem like they were in the same school for more then a week or two... Point being that Heero spent more time with other characters then he did with Duo.
True. I'm just pointing out it was more than being locked together in a cell.
One of the most amusing scenes to me is when Heero takes off after basketball and Duo follows and makes some inane comments only to have Heero question him about it and Duo telling him he's just trying to act normal to which Heero answers "you stand out too much." Right, as if Duo was the one who pulled the crazy slam dunk. And if he knew what Heero did in his previous school... xD
Old 2012-03-30, 20:53   Link #4055
Talitha Koum

I go without reading this thread a while, thinking I'll have a fully fleshed story and some sweet images of the Jedi!Gundams at my disposal, but nooooo. -_- I guess I have no room to complain, though. When did FT even begin? August 2010? This is the most impressive hedging I have EVER seen.
Talitha Koum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:38   Link #4056
Kitsoru
:3c

/Pops in briefly to see how this trainwreck is goin'

Anything important/noteworthy happen yet or still more fun with exposition and everyone's a clone?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 12:14   Link #4057
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At this point I don't think we'd be able to tell the difference between something being noteworthy in FT and all the exposition and cloning.
Old 2012-03-31, 17:30   Link #4058
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Hm, I don't know. While it's true that Heero and Duo hang out, it's also true that Duo and Quatre seem to be the only ones to keep in touch past the series. In EW it was them who sent the Gundams off to the sun and the whole messaging thing was going on between them as well. Even in the supporting manga like BT we see Duo show up at Quatre's and have some tea with him. With Heero I'd say it's more of them teaming up often for a mission but as far as I remember they're usually surprised to see each other.

Asagi needs to take an anatomy class. Necks aren't that long.
Also LOL, Katrina dons the Zechs mask and suddenly her hair is the same paler shade of blond as Milliardo's? xD
My bad. I took "hang out" in the sense of being around each other, regardless of missions or leisure.

That is a pretty long neck. I'll give Asagi a pass on that though. She's been money on all her GW work.

Quote:
I'd say that Heero probably spent the most time with Trowa in the series. An unconscious month (which doesn't really count) and then traveling with him on his mission of self pity and- opps, I mean, his redemption phase when he asked family members of dead Alliance members to kill him for killing their loved ones. And finally, being test pilots for OZ for, what, about a month (the series said)?
Quatre would be runner up, having spent time with him in Sanc before the kingdom fell again.
If we're talking strictly the series, then I agree. I was referring more to interaction seen in all the canon GW media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
All of Glory of Losers is available now so...
Thanks Deacon!

Like Izuke mentioned, I'm wondering if the story will be changed with Trowa in the plane. The very brief time he and Trowa were together seems pretty expendable for the manga. It more than likely won't happen, but Trowa ramming the plane into Treize's ship would make the most sense if he really wanted to strike a blow to OZ.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:05   Link #4059
susyia

There is a blog that has summaries of chapters?? already arrived in the chapters 15 16 and no one made ​​a summary about?? really i hope there is someone
Old 2012-04-03, 01:59   Link #4060
peacecraft

A little off-topic, but I dunno know many of you ship Heero x Relena at all, but I've started to scan a lot of doujinshi which feature them... I'll be posting them up on my blogspot. http://gloryoflosers.blogspot.com/

If anyone wants to translate them, you're more than welcome.

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing