1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-16, 15:16   Link #281
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Too bad Bushido used to be a different man 5 years ago, as he actually cared about his job then when they were at the Middle East. But now, he is more or less a shadow of his former self, as you say, an actor doing a script of an epic battle against Setsuna. It is sort of sad the state he allowed himself to sink to :/

And while Arba Lindt might be a vile human, but at least he is doing his job and not acting like someone with an over inflated ego like Mr. Permit.
Finally someone gets it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 15:21   Link #282
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
"Frog in a well" is a proverb in China (and Japan too I assume) that means a person with limited perspective, who can't see beyond what they know in the world. Basically how like a frog at the bottom of the well can only see the small patch of sky visible from the mouth of the well.
10x for the update
Old 2008-11-16, 15:29   Link #283
Exia

um can we please stop sayin Tieria is cross dressing. im pretty sure its jus his other look alike from the OP since dere were 3 pods
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 15:38   Link #284
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
um can we please stop sayin Tieria is cross dressing. im pretty sure its jus his other look alike from the OP since dere were 3 pods
Wow you could be right. I totally forgotten about the OP. Now that makes sens at least a little.
Old 2008-11-16, 15:41   Link #285
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
um can we please stop sayin Tieria is cross dressing.
I don't see any rules stating we're not allowed to talk about it. I could just say people please stop talking about Soma and Allelujah.
Old 2008-11-16, 15:41   Link #286
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Except that the person in the third pod is Revive.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 15:49   Link #287
justavisitor

Alle should share his "experience" to Saji because I strongly suspect that Saji and Louise will be the next couple alone in the island......

It's good to see Papa Bear let them go, but he could have destoryed Arios and that custom a-head, it would be a major blow to CB, he would somehow "revenge" the loss of his comrades, and it will be easier to convince A-law that Soma was killed in the battle....

Would this episode be the last time we see Soma's custom a-head because Alle promised not to get Soma involved in battle anymore? I don't think Bxxdai would allow this to happen because they want to sell model XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2008-11-16 at 16:02.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 16:13   Link #288
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So I'm confused, are people cool with or upset that the 00 Gundam and Setsuna were essentially defeated in this episode by a non-Gundam mobile suit (even though it was Gundam class). I remember back during the first season when people were having their jitters about invincible Gundams because of what we went through in Seed Destiny, but it seems now that some people are upset because a Gundam was bested in battle by an opponent who won through skill and cunning instead of outright superior machinery. I for one welcome the continued return to U.C style rules of combat instead of the Gundam Seed theory (i.e Gundam Piloted by Kira>>>>>>>>Gundam piloted by sub character>>Gundam piloted by grunt>Mobile suit piloted by sub character>Mobile suit piloted by grunt) so I don't know what to say about all of this.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 16:17   Link #289
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Alle should share his "experience" to Saji because I strongly suspect that Saji and Louise will be the next couple alone in the island......
"And thus an new plan was hatched. From that day on CB used its advanced technology to strand every bickering set of people on an island and/or remote beach. Although it did not always result in succes (the famous Ali-Mr. Biggles disaster comes to mind), in the end world peace was achieved. Although CB claims credit for this marvel of peacebuilding: the Innovators were truly the brains behind the plan. Why else did they came in pairs? They were the first to discover the magic of being stranded in couples."

I can already see the history books

EDIT: I am all for Gundams getting their ass handed to them by better pilots in normal Suits
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 16:25   Link #290
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So I'm confused, are people cool with or upset that the 00 Gundam and Setsuna were essentially defeated in this episode by a non-Gundam mobile suit (even though it was Gundam class). I remember back during the first season when people were having their jitters about invincible Gundams because of what we went through in Seed Destiny, but it seems now that some people are upset because a Gundam was bested in battle by an opponent who won through skill and cunning instead of outright superior machinery. I for one welcome the continued return to U.C style rules of combat instead of the Gundam Seed theory (i.e Gundam Piloted by Kira>>>>>>>>Gundam piloted by sub character>>Gundam piloted by grunt>Mobile suit piloted by sub character>Mobile suit piloted by grunt) so I don't know what to say about all of this.
Its an unpleasable fanbase type thing

One part of the fanbase wants to see the hero kill 10 ace pilots without breaking a sweat while posing and screaming about how awesome he is

While the other part wants a gritty hard foiught battle that goes back and forth.

Anyone whose been to the Code Geass forum knows where I stand on this, get rid of the uber mechas from Gundam Seed, and Code Geass and return the series to its Real Robots roots.

I want battles decided by skill not who has the best toys.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 16:37   Link #291
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
Except that the person in the third pod is Revive.
Great for a second I thought that could have been someone beside Tieria, thank you because you just have ruined my path to regaining my sanity .
Old 2008-11-16, 16:41   Link #292
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i actually liked setsuna losing the fight
it only happened becouse of the gundams being hax
so him losing the fight due to him trying to trigger his super hax mode is perfectly fair (grahm is after all as good as, if not better, a pilot)
Old 2008-11-16, 16:50   Link #293
sgogeta4

I don't see why people have a problem with Bushido (and Ali) being a better pilot than Setsuna. They're older and more experienced. Setsuna has a better Gundam, which lessens the difference between them, making battles a lot more interesting.

I'd dare say even in Gundam Wing, Miliardo is a better pilot than Heero. :P
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 17:10   Link #294
finalnight
Supreme Commander

A sunrise show resolving a relationship...

THEY MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE!!!!
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 17:32   Link #295
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If skill or technology is the deciding factor has nothing to do with how fast or one-sided the battles are, though.

Kira didn't wipe the floor with all those enemies, because he had a superior suit, he did it because of his skill (having SEED-mode and beeing the ultimate coordinator).

Personally I prefer it, if the hero quickly defeats all his enemies, like this. I don't care, if he does it by skill (like Kira), or by superior technology (like the Meisters in S1). Just do it quick to move back to the story.
Frankly, its kind of hard to tell me that somehow one character is just so much better than the rest of the cast that he can defeat 20 of them without blinking an eye.

Either you have a problem where the jump in technology is too unrealistic, and your opponents look like morons (Gundam Seed, and Gundam Seed Desitny where infamous for this) , or your character is a Mary Sue who needs to be killed because his ruining the action, either way the series frankly becomes boring.

Also why the hell are you watching mecha if you don't like mecha?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 17:34   Link #296
NakedAngelX

Good episode, feels good to see aleluya and mary together.
Now only Tiera doesn't have a gf out of the gundam pilot, maybe the girl version of him will fall in love with him? Rofl would love to see that.

Saji and Louise can just die and be the tragic couple for all i care
Old 2008-11-16, 18:21   Link #297
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Now only Tiera doesn't have a gf out of the gundam pilot, maybe the girl version of him will fall in love with him? Rofl would love to see that.
That would either be twin-cest, or total narcissism.

Quote:
Saji and Louise can just die and be the tragic couple for all i care
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:52   Link #298
5_of_Spades

Why do I have the feeling that Marie will die pretty soon? Going by the broken glass case shot in the ending and the emo Alle in the opening?
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:52   Link #299
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
nice episode, lol at sumeragi being jealous
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 18:57   Link #300
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
what sumeragi was jealous of Allexmarie?