AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-08-25, 22:20   Link #101
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Dominion Tank Police
Wow, someone else who has seen this .
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 01:12   Link #102
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

And I'm someone else who has seen it. I wasn't aware that this was rare. It was licensed for crissakes and was very popular back in the day. The manga was also licensed and well known once upon a time. How can you call an anime rare if it was once popular amongst American otaku?

Alas this show has been forgotten.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 01:42   Link #103
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

most of the shows in the bubblegum crisis era were swept under the bed. but there is alot of great stuff out there and was when most of the fansub community started to get popular in colleges.

alot of new people probably havnt seen futureboy conan i would think, even though its listed on the bittorrent page.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 17:55   Link #104
silviachan

I found 2 Pokonyan vcds in a chinese rental video store. This anime was created by Fujiko Fujio, so as I liked Doraemon, Kaibutsukun, Paaman & company a lot, I bought these cds!^^
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 10:07   Link #105
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

forgot two...

Galaxy Adventures of Oz - anime based on the wizard of oz story but it's in space.

Madou King Granzot - I think I saw this, I saw a picture of it and seems familiar
xxanimefan4_ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:50   Link #106
Manifold

Lesse.. I'm new to anime, but I went scouring all over these forums back to the really old threads. Some of these were real buggers to get hold of.

A Traveller's Diary

Comedy - Short anime about.. well. See if you can work it out.

Digital Juice - Definitely dementia, the last little movie does not make much sense.

Higan, Memory, Professor Dan Petory`s Blues, End of the World - The seeds were amazingly.. lacking for these. It a whole month of continual download to get them all.

Ginga no Uo Ursa Minor Blue - This is beautiful. I would tie this with the same brush as Glassy Ocean.

The Cockpit - Very thought provoking, and stupidly hard to find too. This is another collection of short movies, focussing around war. For starters, the first deals with an alternate reality where Hitler had continued the research for the nuclear bomb and got there first, leaving the moral break point with the man who has to carry out the bombing.. deep stuff.

Keep on posting these rare animes, I have added at least 5 to my toget list on AniDB. :]
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 16:22   Link #107
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

whoops still forgot one.

Time Quest - hmm prety weird, time traveling device is a talking teapot, some fat ugly old arabian-dressed man, some tall blonde arabian guy, some ugly green-haried princess, 2 kids (girl and guy) and they time travel. I'd love to know what happened ont he last ep, I don't think I saw it or I don't remember.
Old 2006-09-16, 22:16   Link #108
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever
whoops still forgot one.

Time Quest - hmm prety weird, time traveling device is a talking teapot, some fat ugly old arabian-dressed man, some tall blonde arabian guy, some ugly green-haried princess, 2 kids (girl and guy) and they time travel. I'd love to know what happened ont he last ep, I don't think I saw it or I don't remember.
hey! this was my favorite 11 years ago!!!

other rare show: tokidoki buta(?) aka-- tokyo pig or sunny pig

me love pigs
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 23:52   Link #109
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

How about this rare anime that has an english Dub.

Alakhazam the Great AKA Journey into the West. The anime that came before Saiyuki and Dragonball.

If anything that was my first Anime and I didn't know it as anything except for a wacko cartoon.

Or another Ancient R1 Anime Goku - Midnight Eye

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 03:12   Link #110
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

Okay, I'm going to give it a shot! (Cross my fingers; this is my first post.)

The top three rarest anime I've seen that I can remember right now are as follows:
Makaryudo - A single 25-minute OVA that came out in 1989 and sailed straight into my heart. It had a great seiyuu cast: Takayama Minami played the lead character, Yama. I suppose its one claim to fame is that it was (still is, for all I know) the favorite anime of the lead singer of a heavy metal band called "Danzig."

Majokko Club Yonin-gumi A Kuukan Karano Alien X - This was an OVA that teamed up Creamy Mami, Pelucia, Magical Emi, and Idol Pastel Yumi. I'm pretty sure this wasn't a doujin video. The title was what I found on IMDB, but I'm still thinking it's pretty rare.

Gall Force: The Revolution - I don't know if this one's rare or not. It came out in 1996, and I don't think it's been released in the States. The character designs look totally like Nadesico's and the seiyuu cast included Mitsuishi Kotono and Yokoyama Chisa. I only saw the first episode, but I would love to see the rest one day.
Aaeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 18:06   Link #111
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

They rerelased Gall Force recently.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 21:01   Link #112
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

In Japan or elsewhere? If it's Japan, then I hope I'll be finally able to see this series.

If you're referring to the US, then I believe that Gall Force: The Revolution was never released in the States, only the AIC Gall Force titles were.
Aaeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 01:11   Link #113
Barry

Saber Rider
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 11:08   Link #114
PILMAN

The rarest I seen is Hey! Bumboo. It was some car named Bumpity Boo. It was a really old series, I think it stopped airing in 1988. I had it on tape, and may still have it somewhere.

Quote:
Bumpety Boo (Hey! Bumboo in Japan) was an animated children's television show produced by the Nippon Animation company from 1985 to 1986. The series consisted of 131 10-minute episodes, distributed as 43 half-hour segments.

The show follows the adventures of a young boy named Ken, who has always dreamed of owning a car, and Bumpety Boo, a talking yellow car who hatched from an egg in the first episode, as they travel the world. Throughout the series, Dr. Monkey tries to steal Bumpety Boo from Ken.
Also I guess Little Nemo is rare as someone mentioned earlier, I owned the tape but again don't know where that is too. I also had the NES game and may still have it.

Last edited by PILMAN; 2006-09-18 at 11:32.
PILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 09:04   Link #115
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

yeah I used to have little nemo tape but now I don't (recorded from tv broadcast)... I don't think its' that rare though. it is out on dvd in the usa like it's on amazon.
Old 2006-10-28, 08:01   Link #116
hoon
7ON

Some of the "rare" animes posted on this thread aren't rare and are pretty recent O_o.

The most rarest and obscure anime I've seen is Robot Carnival, according to AnimeNews (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/colu...sure.php?id=1). Didn't even know it was rare until I saw that last night.

There is also A Dog of Flanders, which is based off a well-known story. The anime is pretty famous in Asia (often parodied on TV) but I don't think it's known in the stateside.

And while on the subject of famous story-turned-anime rarities, Anime Sanjushi (The Three Muskateers) is another one I remember. There's a torrent up for episode 1 on this site but I think only few people snatched it.

One I'm not so sure about is Mado King Granzort. I find it weird that it has so little fanbase. I'm guessing it just wasn't very popular and didn't get much hype when it aired.

There are few more I want to write in here but I can't remember the names. :[

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever View Post
most of these are un-fansubbed and unlicensed in U.S.A.:

anpan man - weirdest superhero anime

Brave of the Legend Dagarn - boring shonen, i dont konw how I watched it.

cinderella story - anime about cinderella, very frustrating... cinderella is always and nice and everyone is always mean to her but at the same time I hate cinderella.

Dash! Kappei -extremely funny 80's anime

dragon quest: dai's/abel adventure - I watched it but I'm never gonna re-watch.

eto rangers - one of favorites as a kid.

fairy princess minky momo

Hono-no Tokyuji Dotji Tanpei - dodgeball anime with fire?

iron leaguer- I like this one a lot even though it is shonen/sports with robots, dont' know why, don't really remember

keroko demetan - very frustrating, too bad I don't remember the end. (this boy frog gets beat up like every episode by the girl (who like each other) frog's father I think. I think it was because he was pooooor and the fact he doesn't like him around his daughter.

kimba the white lion - i saw maybe an ep maybe at the most, but I remember hating anime.

magical angel sweet mint - fun magical girl

maribel - cute magical girl

NG Knight Lamune & 40 - shonen/mecha but I liked it cause it was funny

Onengai Samia - very fun anime for kids

yadamon - don't remember if I even saw the last ep.
Is it safe to assume that you're Korean or you grew up there? Half of those series were very popular in Korea while I was there.

And.. Dagarn isn't boring! I love it to death even to this day! Makes GaoGaiGar especially more entertaining. Then again, I love robot series in general, especially ones that are infested with cliches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
The rarest I seen is Hey! Bumboo. It was some car named Bumpity Boo. It was a really old series, I think it stopped airing in 1988. I had it on tape, and may still have it somewhere.

Also I guess Little Nemo is rare as someone mentioned earlier, I owned the tape but again don't know where that is too. I also had the NES game and may still have it.
The yellow car looking for his mother! He gets a power-up when he smells flowers! IIRC, Hey! Bumboo! was done by the same people who made Maya the Bee, which aired in NA about 10 years ago. People just assume that those are cartoons rather than animes and are often surprised when they find out.

This thread is a trip to some of my fondest chlidhood memories. Little Nemo is also one of my most favorite movies to date. Pujama pujama pujuma--so on and so forth.

Makes me sad that some of these are hard to find without having to resort to expensive import DVDs. Thanks to this thread, I might crack and buy another DVD set, most likely Sweet Mint.
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 08:30   Link #117
Olf-chan

Hmmm....

Sexy Commando

Moomin Ikka

Peter Pan

The Little Mermaid
Olf-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 09:00   Link #118
wontaek

Golden Wing ( 황금날개 ) Movies: Korean Anime that is better than people remembers them to be.\

Megazone 23 Part II, the First English version: It is one of the rare anime I consider the English dubbed version to be superior to the Japanese version. The reason is that the Japanese animator rolled this out simultaneously with the Japanese version, so this cannot be considered as dubbed version. It also had bonus bridge episode that connects part I to part II, which was not included in the Japanese version; it was added to help the first time English viewer of Megazone series.
Old 2006-10-28, 12:41   Link #119
LonelyMachines

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Also, what about Galaxy Express? Anyone have seen this classic series?
I got ahold of a grey-market set of VHS tapes many years ago. The LAST TAPE in the series was defective

Why this show hasn't been reissued is beyond me.

It may not be the rarest, but for me, it's certainly the most sought-after.
LonelyMachines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 01:09   Link #120
lijon

Grenadier- smiling warrior? o-O who always uses her boobs and her guns to help ppl~ it's good wuv teh song =D
I wish you were here- it's about aliens and humans fighting. and a human actually falling in love with a human weapon girl who has to sacrifice herself to kill all the aliens in the end. Love the song - lunatic trance from that anime... can't find it anywhere T-T
Final Fantasy Unlimited- so few ppl has seen this although it's SO good o-O
lijon is offline   Reply With Quote