Notices

Old 2014-07-21, 16:40   Link #81
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
That is the only form I can tolerate her in
This reminds me that I'm very looking forward for this scene from Dream Arc:

Basically the whole "age swap" plot was much more hilarious in manga then SuperS anime. Also dat Ami's reaction:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 17:40   Link #82
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
This always bothered me, even in the old series. I never was a huge fan of Kamen, I like him a bit more now since well...he's cuter shallow. I know Usagi did get better as the series went on and sometimes he'd just show up to watch. I think since theyre following the manga closer theyre setting up once again that these two are destined to be together, he is her knight in shining armor.

Im just gonna vomit then Chibi-usa shows up and oogles him along with Usagi...and then they get jealous of each other.
Both Usagi and Mamoru were a lot better in the manga than in the original anime; they actually matured (especially Usagi), whereas they both seemed to always re-start in the anime and never truly grew-up.

I was initially drawn to SM by the back-story with the Moon Kingdom; if it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't be as much of a fan as I am now.

Quote:
Im just gonna vomit then Chibi-usa shows up and oogles him along with Usagi...and then they get jealous of each other.
Ack! Don't even remind me. Chibi-usa is the one character I dislike the most in SM - more annoying than even a wailing Usagi.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 19:48   Link #83
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
That is the only form I can tolerate her in
Hah! I agree with that. She was actually interesting then.

How Pluto puts up with Chibi-Usa... no idea.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 14:32   Link #84
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Hah! I agree with that. She was actually interesting then.

How Pluto puts up with Chibi-Usa... no idea.
Loneliness makes wonders
Old 2014-07-26, 18:45   Link #85
Mazryonh

Is there any indication that the new crop of seiyuus will sing together like their predecessors did in a new incarnation of "Peach Hips," which is what the original seiyuus called themselves when they sang Moon Revenge as the ending to the Sailor Moon R movie. The new seiyuus are no slouches in singing and I'd like to hear them sing together "Moon Revenge" or "Moonlight Densetsu" with Kotono Mitsuishi.

Also, will the first 13-episode season end around Christmas time? I remember the original cast had a nice Christmas special together way back in 1993. Perhaps something like that is in order for the new generation:

Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 20:31   Link #86
juve

does the anime release once in 2 weeks or something?
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 22:23   Link #87
GDB

Yes, it's bi-weekly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 10:13   Link #88
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Is there any indication that the new crop of seiyuus will sing together like their predecessors did in a new incarnation of "Peach Hips," which is what the original seiyuus called themselves when they sang Moon Revenge as the ending to the Sailor Moon R movie. The new seiyuus are no slouches in singing and I'd like to hear them sing together "Moon Revenge" or "Moonlight Densetsu" with Kotono Mitsuishi.

Also, will the first 13-episode season end around Christmas time? I remember the original cast had a nice Christmas special together way back in 1993. Perhaps something like that is in order for the new generation:

It is highly possible that the new anime will have chara songs like the old one. All the VAs have beautiful singing voices, Shizuka Itou (Minako) is in fact a singer. Ami Koshimizu and Rina Satou sing very well too. So it is highly possible that they will sing
Old 2014-07-27, 18:51   Link #89
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
It is highly possible that the new anime will have chara songs like the old one. All the VAs have beautiful singing voices, Shizuka Itou (Minako) is in fact a singer. Ami Koshimizu and Rina Satou sing very well too. So it is highly possible that they will sing
To my knowledge Rina Satou has released the least amount of albums among those three. Shizuka Itou has had a lot of work singing as Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate no Gotoku! (and several compilation albums), but only a few albums of singing as herself. I don't know if Hisako Kanemoto has released any singing albums. Still, I'd like to hear all the new senshi sing together.

Here's my favourite song from Rina Satou (singing as Yuuki Kusakabe from To Heart 2):

And my favourite song from Ami Koshimizu is her version of "Aozora Loop" from the Kimikiss game and anime. Hope she gets to sing something this soft again as Makoto Kino (which would cleave well with her character being tough on the outside but feminine on the inside):

Funnily enough, Ryou Hirohashi sang this song as well, but her version was very different. It'd be nice to hear Hirohashi sing for SM: Crystal too, though.
Old 2014-07-28, 02:40   Link #90
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, it's bi-weekly.
You know I was going to ask if you meant fortnightly. Since the only meaning for bi-weekly knew would mean we'd be getting two episodes a week. But apparently it has two meanings, which is kinda confusing.
Old 2014-07-28, 02:44   Link #91
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

It's one episode every two weeks.

I'm more surprised that there are still people who ask about this now.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 12:32   Link #92
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
It's one episode every two weeks.

I'm more surprised that there are still people who ask about this now.
It is not exactly true, it is not even a bi-weekly schedule. It comes out first and third Saturday, but there are months with more than four weeks....
And some more songs from our new sailor guardians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIFkAjvBt18
Shizuka Itou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1vZPy5f3EY
Ami Koshimizu (personal favourite, I wish she cover my favourite Jupiter songs - Anata no Sei Janai and We believe you)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbAOhR_Jwoo
Hisako Kanemoto ( she might not be a perfect singer, but I am so impressed with her performance as Ami that I can't help but loving her now )

It could have been so much better if they had sung Moon Pride together... Nothing against MomoClo, but this girls can sing ten times better and the song's idea could have been better presented. By the way does someone find some information about the second episode rating?

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-28 at 13:05.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 17:19   Link #93
AntonKutovoi

I hope that male characters will have some character songs as well.

Mamoru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJoGq43bTio

Jedite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2UabUfRL0U

Kunzite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzzTDU9b3s

Nephrite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoncV2XZa4

Zoisite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfqhH3yhxu0

Oh, and Beryl need a song as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDnkPzUOiAw
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 18:36   Link #94
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Honestly it doesnt bother me because Usagi is suppose to be a whiny cry-baby 13/14 year old (tho she looks 18...). I hated her voice in the first series, now Im just used to it.
It's not being whiny that is jarring here....it's that she sounds like....a 10 year old...boy....

I mean you could use that kind of voice for young boy characters and it would actually work @@
Old 2014-07-28, 19:38   Link #95
Mazryonh

Quote:
It could have been so much better if they had sung Moon Pride together...
I second the new generation of SM seiyuus singing that, or even "Moon Revenge" or "Moonlight Densetsu." Maybe they'll sing one of those classic songs at the end of each season?

How about we add Ryou Hirohashi (Luna's new voice) to the list? This is her singing a character song for Kimikiss:

I still think it's a pity they didn't bring back Hitomi Nabatame (who has had a lot of experience voicing female villains with deep voices and recently starred in Toei's DokiDoki! Precure) to voice Queen Beryl. This is one of Nabatame's character songs:

Old 2014-07-29, 12:19   Link #96
minaku
Princess of Hades

OH, MY GODESSES

I think that all I need to be happy are all five of them back already
PS: Mako-chan is still the most talented (Dic rulz)

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-30 at 08:20.
Old 2014-07-29, 18:10   Link #97
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

^ I actually think Makoto is the prettiest in that picture above.

...and I just notice that their chest sizes are not all the same either. (It's not where I normally pay attention to, being a girl and all, but it just popped out at me while I was admiring their dresses.)

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2014-07-29, 18:25   Link #98
hinode

Quote:
It is not exactly true, it is not even a bi-weekly schedule. It comes out first and third Saturday, but there are months with more than four weeks....
Some of Toei's info has been contradictory on this. Check out this ANN article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...or-26-episodes

At first it says "every other week for one year", then later in the article it says every first and third Saturday of the month. One of these statements has to be wrong.

Luckily there are five Saturdays next month, so this will get clarified soon enough.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 23:59   Link #99
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
Some of Toei's info has been contradictory on this. Check out this ANN article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...or-26-episodes

At first it says "every other week for one year", then later in the article it says every first and third Saturday of the month. One of these statements has to be wrong.

Luckily there are five Saturdays next month, so this will get clarified soon enough.
There are some release dates in ANN and as far as I see it there will be two episodes per month...
Some more artwork ( Ami still got her googles)
Spoiler for Pictures:

Last edited by minaku; 2014-07-30 at 12:13.
Old 2014-07-30, 19:19   Link #100
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Did we ever find out whether Princess Selenity was the same age as the current Usagi when she died? Or is Usagi younger?

Also, I think Usagi becomes closer and closer to her old personality as Selenity as the story progresses; hence, her increase maturity, I think.

[/TH][/TR][/table]