AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-03, 06:08   Link #1
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

Question Episode 22: Created Human [Spoilers]

I was watching the preview for ep 22 and saw this pic of the human Alphonse's soul/reflection(?) in one of the Philosopher Stone liquids' tube containers while Ed is looking at it Im curious what this is about And also it shows in the next frame a pic of Armor Alphonse in a pretty decimated condition due to the Sins Anyways here is the pic in question http://dr.light.freeservers.com/Alphonse.jpg I'll be interested to hear your feedback later!

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Old 2004-03-03, 09:11   Link #2
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime
I was watching the preview for ep 22 and saw this pic of the human Alphonse's soul/reflection(?) in one of the Philosopher Stone liquids' tube containers while Ed is looking at it Im curious what this is about And also it shows in the next frame a pic of Armor Alphonse in a pretty decimated condition due to the Sins Anyways here is the pic in question http://dr.light.freeservers.com/Alphonse.jpg I'll be interested to hear your feedback later!

- Yondaime
Realize that the anime has totally broken off the manga as of 21, so that nobody is going to be able to answer any of these beside speculation.
Old 2004-03-03, 16:43   Link #3
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

lol yea im not asking for a definitive answer I just wanted to start some speculation/discussion

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Old 2004-03-03, 17:26   Link #4
PiePants

Wait the deuce, I saw subs there. That was ep 22?? Anbu's already subbing? *explodes into a billion peices then recomposes randomly*

Well, they're trying to put into question whether Alphonse is even human. I don't expect anything to really happen in ep 22 except more plot leading to the climax -- will Alphonse start to doubt his 'existence' that greatly? Hmm...*xD*
Old 2004-03-03, 22:55   Link #5
Umbrae
Generic Human

I assume that is most likly just a body that was made. like the chimera with nina's face in 21. I wonder how Al is going to react to that . . .
Old 2004-03-03, 23:21   Link #6
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
i think it's just a memory that Ed has of Al. probably seeing him lying there defeated, "sees" the young Al in the reflection of the wall, then turns around and does something crazy.... but that's just me.
Old 2004-03-04, 00:17   Link #7
paladin
blah

Send a message via ICQ to paladin Send a message via AIM to paladin Send a message via Yahoo to paladin
I have a good clue :P mr evil guy who can morph. I mean, that alphonse in that picture seems semi evil inherently :P This is pure speculation >
Old 2004-03-04, 16:23   Link #8
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrihr
i think it's just a memory that Ed has of Al. probably seeing him lying there defeated, "sees" the young Al in the reflection of the wall, then turns around and does something crazy.... but that's just me.
I totally agree with this speculation. The smile of that Alphonse seem more innocent than evil to me...
Old 2004-03-04, 20:42   Link #9
polymath

Envy posing as Al?

Oooh... Envy is dangerous...
Old 2004-03-06, 11:10   Link #10
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200403a.htm has screenshots of episode 22 now.

As usual, they are kind of spoilerful without giving too much detail until you watch the episodes.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-03-13 at 08:29. Reason: Updated Link
Old 2004-03-06, 20:11   Link #11
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp has screenshots of episode 22 now.

As usual, they are kind of spoilerful without giving too much detail until you watch the episodes.

Spoiler:
Yeah, Gluttony seems too obvious.

Hmm.. seems like a good episode. Can't wait.

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-03-07, 00:42   Link #12
BigFire

Raw is out

Quote:
http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp has screenshots of episode 22 now.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-07, 03:14   Link #13
Rockpaperscissors

I just watched episode 22 raw.. heh I didn't understand anything they said, but man it's still brought shiwers down my spine!!!
next episode is calmer... heh we need one of those...
Old 2004-03-07, 10:59   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-08, 00:06   Link #15
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Just watched the sub (Chinese, KTXP). A good episode and as has been stated lots of times, different from the manga. However it appears the next episode would be similar to the manga's events after the 5th Laboratory incident. Winry'll be back to knock some sense into those boys

Some questions that can be raised for speculation here...

Spoiler:

Now just waiting for Izumi to show up, & the Wrath-Greed Shodown!
Old 2004-03-08, 00:28   Link #16
sarcasteak
WAHA~

...and this is why I need fansubs.

Quote:
The Fuhrer's (that is the official rank) secretary is supposed to resemble Tricia Elric, which explains Ed's reactions on first seeing her.
Wow...I didn't realize that until I read your post. At first I thought she resembled Lust because of her lips (her eyes were closed when we first saw her); then again, that's just the drawing style. And in the end of the episode 15, Al mentions that he hears Mom's voice after the secretary spoke. Personally I couldn't tell the resemblence (since the secretary spoke seriously, whereas their mother was always cheerful), but it does reinforce what you said.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Edit: I just saw the sub, and wow Envy has such a big mouth. = 0

I'm surprised how the Sins claim to want to become humans, the "foolish" creatures they've been mocking for 22 episodes. Are they just saying that to gain sympathy...or are they really that interested in becoming humans? Judging from Envy's reaction, they might actually be serious. o_0;;

Spoiler:

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-03-08 at 03:14.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:16   Link #17
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Sigh... Can we have anime discussion without complete manga spoilers? I already read up to vol6 of the manga and there are still tons of spoilers here.
Old 2004-03-08, 11:07   Link #18
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
I just saw the episode and I was jumping up in my seat in the end when we caught a glimpse of the

Spoiler:

Overall I think episode 21 and 22 were da best ^_^ I heart fma!
Old 2004-03-08, 11:39   Link #19
holyorder812

my hohenheim's theory
Spoiler:

don't kill me if I'm wrong.
Old 2004-03-08, 11:58   Link #20
Shenlong

Winry looks very mature and hot with her hair down in the previews..
*blushes*
Closed Thread