AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 10:40   Link #141
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Yes, I agree with what you're saying there. I think we do feel the same way on this issue, and the rest is just semantics.
For the most part, yes. =) If that's a te, ta or tai though would make a huge difference in the meaning of that phrase though, even if the general mood is the same. We'll have to wait until more people have watched the scene and can comment on it, I suppose.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:43   Link #142
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
For the most part, yes. =) If that's a te, ta or tai though would make a huge difference in the meaning of that phrase though, even if the general mood is the same. We'll have to wait until more people have watched the scene and can comment on it, I suppose.
I think all three of us have heard a different thing. I'm going with -ta, you with -te, and guppy with -tai.

Based on the ending, her reaction can go several different ways. Damn our lack of script.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:47   Link #143
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I think all three of us have heard a different thing. I'm going with -ta, you with -te, and guppy with -tai.
That's definitely interesting.

Ultimately, though, I'd say it comes down to this: Kallen is prepared to go along with Zero, but remains highly uncertain about what really makes him tick. I think that's something we all agree on, isn't it?
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:49   Link #144
Var
Banned

Quote:

Ultimately, though, I'd say it comes down to this: Kallen is prepared to go along with Zero, but remains highly uncertain about what really makes him tick. I think that's something we all agree on, isn't it?
We will, yes. What happens from there, though, is to our own devices.
Old 2008-04-13, 10:52   Link #145
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:

well the more she starts paying attention to him as a person.....

:3
Old 2008-04-13, 10:58   Link #146
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes, yes, we know. She'll end up with him.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:05   Link #147
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post

Based on the ending, her reaction can go several different ways. Damn our lack of script.
just wanted to comment on what i heard...
it was definitely a "te" though it could be mistaken for a "ta" but not a "tai"
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:16   Link #148
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yes, yes, we know. She'll end up with him.
stop that. its creepy when you agree with me.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:17   Link #149
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm not going to fool myself. I've done that enough times. If she starts getting a lot of scenes that seem romantic than it will be decided. Since her story was moved to R2, she is likely to have a lot of interaction with Lelouch. If she kisses him, that's it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-13, 11:22   Link #150
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I'm not going to fool myself. I've done that enough times. If she starts getting a lot of scenes that seem romantic than it will be decided. Since her story was moved to R2, she is likely to have a lot of interaction with Lelouch. If she kisses him, that's it.
you're only fooling yourself if you think anything in this matter is certain Dann.

yep, just watch what happens and say what you think will happen, not what "must" happen. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:26   Link #151
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The flashback of Kallen in episode 2 pretty much reminded me why I disliked her at the end of Season 1. What kind of person just runs off without trying to save the commander of the rebel army? Sure, there's the suspicion he might have been using the japanese for his own ends, but with the end result being that the OotBK was only effective with him around. There's the fact he's also someone you personally dislike and yet have a fangirl crush on his alter-ego. But dammit, he was their only chance of winning the FRIGGING battle and war and she just lets britainnia capture him???

I think part of the blame the battle 1 yr ago failed so horribly can fall directly at Kallens feet. -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:32   Link #152
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
you're only fooling yourself if you think anything in this matter is certain Dann.

yep, just watch what happens and say what you think will happen, not what "must" happen. >_>
True in some ways, but unless episodes in the future say differently, there isn't a lot to argue. It seems overly likely at the moment.

Old 2008-04-13, 11:37   Link #153
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
True in some ways, but unless episodes in the future say differently, there isn't a lot to argue. It seems overly likely at the moment.
uh, yeah, there's the entire first season, turn 1, and we've had well over 1,000 posts of argument in the romance thread alone about it.

I'm tired of arguing this issue, people can believe whatever they want as far as I'm concerned, but that doesn't allow people to assume this outcome is a given when there isn't anywhere near that level of evidence, simply because people who think Kallen x Lelouch will happen are vocal about it.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:40   Link #154
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, it could very well be that nothing in season 1 matters in this regard since every girl is about on the same level. We could treat this as a new show. Romance was avoided in Season 1 after all.

Sorry, sorry. Just need to stop freaking out.

Old 2008-04-13, 11:43   Link #155
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
The flashback of Kallen in episode 2 pretty much reminded me why I disliked her at the end of Season 1. What kind of person just runs off without trying to save the commander of the rebel army? Sure, there's the suspicion he might have been using the japanese for his own ends, but with the end result being that the OotBK was only effective with him around. There's the fact he's also someone you personally dislike and yet have a fangirl crush on his alter-ego. But dammit, he was their only chance of winning the FRIGGING battle and war and she just lets britainnia capture him???

I think part of the blame the battle 1 yr ago failed so horribly can fall directly at Kallens feet. -_-
I found her reaction to be quite normal, actually. She believed in him all this time, hell, she had litteraly fallen in love with "Zero", and there she learns that he has the power to manipulate people minds ?
What her feelings were artificial ? What if all the people in the Order had just been tricked by using Geass ?

The goal of the confrontation between Karen and Lelouch in this episode was precisely to put an end to that doubt she had.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:46   Link #156
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I find her reaction to be too fangirlish. She's a soldier in a terrorist army. Whether or not she was compelled to obey Zero or not, the fact remains that OotBK is only a success with Zero. For her goal of liberating Japan, she shouldn't have hesitated at that moment because the OoTBK needs Zero. Japan needs Zero. When the battle is over with, that's the time to seek answers.

Old 2008-04-13, 13:48   Link #157
Stretch5920

Yeah, who cares if someone might have mindraped you and your comrades into following him? Just shrug it off and keep on keeping on, right? Kallen made the right decision to get the hell out of there, Lelouch was screwed, and Suzaku has bullshit bullet dodging and wallrunning powers, he would have killed her.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:51   Link #158
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Please, they were fighting for Japans liberation way before they met Zero. What was she fighting for? Was it for Zeros praises or for Japan? If it was for Japan, then at the very least have the sense to realise that even if you've been brainwashed to follow him, Zero was the only hope for the rebellion. Win war first, settle scores later.

Besides, the very fact that she could CONSIDER deserting him should have made her realise 'Wait a minute...he hasn't brainwashed me to follow him otherwise I could never think of deserting him'.

Old 2008-04-13, 14:18   Link #159
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Please, they were fighting for Japans liberation way before they met Zero. What was she fighting for? Was it for Zeros praises or for Japan? If it was for Japan, then at the very least have the sense to realise that even if you've been brainwashed to follow him, Zero was the only hope for the rebellion. Win war first, settle scores later.

Besides, the very fact that she could CONSIDER deserting him should have made her realise 'Wait a minute...he hasn't brainwashed me to follow him otherwise I could never think of deserting him'.
That's rather harsh given the circumstances. He didn't have to brainwash them, but he could very well have been ordering them with his Geass to put their lives on the line for his selfish goals (as he called them at the end of 25) and to have made her love him. It's obvious that that was clouding her mind during the entire event in the cave and as such she ran. Then there's the fact that Suzaku was pointing a gun at her as she tried to help. What did you expect her to do? Run at him, a man who just dodged a bullet?

The one year gap and the events in S2 more or less confirm that she's thought everything over and simply put to rest the last of her worries/questions.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:21   Link #160
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The human mind is never that logical when put into a situation like Kallen's.

Hindsight is great, but it only comes after what is done is done.

I think Kallen's reaction was perfectly acceptable considering the circumstances.
(Suzaku is so Hax he probably would have ended up killing her anyway)