AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-16, 09:22   Link #21
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Waha is a hidden character in Suigetsu (adult game). I've been told that she's your character's 13-year old sister... Don't know who that other person is.
Wasn't the character in the game called Suzuran, who says 'Waha~!' a lot? If I remember correctly, the SD version of her was called Waha by the people of Futaba Channel (a popular Japanese messageboard/imageboard site), who also gave her a sister called Musu and a pet human Choia (who both don't appear in the game).

Anyway, I liked the first episode. While it doesn't quite reach Azumanga Daiou level for me, it's funny in it's own right and it's only the first episode, so...
Old 2004-04-16, 10:45   Link #22
K_R
also known as K!

I stand corrected - I was going by what I've picked up from my friends (I don't play adult games).
Old 2004-04-16, 10:49   Link #23
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
The first episodes of Azumanga Daiou weren't much funnier than this IMO.
The second episode of Azumanga Daioh features, among other weird Osaka scenes, her hiccups and the various forms of torture the other girls resort to in order to "help" her get rid of them... what's not funny about that?

Azumanga Daioh was a better-made anime; this one is going to have to live and die by the gags. A bit more will have to be done with the characters than just flashing stat sheets. The next couple of episodes will make or break this one.
Old 2004-04-16, 21:37   Link #24
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
The first episodes of Azumanga Daiou weren't much funnier than this IMO.

actually, I thought the first few episodes of Azu were excellent. Yurika-sensie stealing that one kids bike is a scene that has always stuck out for me for some reason.
Old 2004-04-17, 01:02   Link #25
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
actually, I thought the first few episodes of Azu were excellent. Yurika-sensie stealing that one kids bike is a scene that has always stuck out for me for some reason.
Yeah, that scene killed me--but Azumanga, for me anyway, got really funny after the first few episodes once you get to know the cast. That's why going back and watching the first episode of Azumanga after I'd watched the whole series I found myself laughing at more of it. Sensei no Ojikan's first episode wasn't bad, but I'm hoping it'll get to be more funny as you get more familiar with the characters.

And the ditsy guy's voice reminds me of Yamada from SiPri...not sure if it's the same seiyuu or not...
Old 2004-04-17, 03:05   Link #26
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Hm, character overload. I had a feeling that I should have been taking notes as the episode went along.

Apart from that, great first episode, and excellent fansubbing from Seichi. I haven't laughed this hard since... well, since Azumanga Daioh.
Old 2004-04-17, 07:37   Link #27
DemonEye

Well the first ep was really funny. The "to dig someones butt" gag, made me fall off my chair. *lol*
Old 2004-04-17, 12:46   Link #28
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

!! OMG, I just have to say, Seichi...
AMAZING JOB ON THIS series!
Best typsetting I have seen in a LONG time and
all the translated signs and text were very well done.
I
Old 2004-04-17, 13:41   Link #29
naantje
Annoyance :)

yea nice job, only thing that annoyed me.. is the profiles of the chars. i hade the fucking pause to read it all ( maybe cuz it was 5am and i was verrrrry very very tired )
Old 2004-04-17, 17:58   Link #30
multi
meu meu meu

Let me just say that clones of Azumanga are always welcome in my books. This has a lot of similarities thus far, but it isn't a clone. You could call any anime series a clone of another, because mostly any series will have certain links and ties to the other anime series out there.

Azumanga had a better art team for sure, and Kimura, Chiyo, or Osaka all made me laugh too much. Kaorin's monster face was great too, and Yukari's driving..

That said. This is an awesome series so far, and I expect it to get even better. Just because you enjoy Azumanga more doesn't mean you can't sit back and enjoy this one. If you like funny/cute give it a chance.
Old 2004-04-17, 18:30   Link #31
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
Let me just say that clones of Azumanga are always welcome in my books. This has a lot of similarities thus far, but it isn't a clone. You could call any anime series a clone of another, because mostly any series will have certain links and ties to the other anime series out there.

Azumanga had a better art team for sure, and Kimura, Chiyo, or Osaka all made me laugh too much. Kaorin's monster face was great too, and Yukari's driving..

That said. This is an awesome series so far, and I expect it to get even better. Just because you enjoy Azumanga more doesn't mean you can't sit back and enjoy this one. If you like funny/cute give it a chance.
True. Not to mention I'm pretty sure this series is older than Azumanga Daiou.
So, if anything, Azumanga Daiou is a clone of Sensei no Ojikan. (Not that really think it's a clone anyway...)
Old 2004-04-18, 09:38   Link #32
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

According to anidb.net, the first episode of Sensei no Ojikan aired April 5, 2004. That means that Azumanga Daioh predates Sensei no Ojikan.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:24   Link #33
musouka

Quote:
According to anidb.net, the first episode of Sensei no Ojikan aired April 5, 2004. That means that Azumanga Daioh predates Sensei no Ojikan.
There is often more to a series than just an anime you know. The manga and the CD Dramas have been around before Azumanga Daioh.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2004-04-18, 10:34   Link #34
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Azumanga Daioh manga, volume 1
ISBN : 4-8402-1467-0
Published February 2000.

Sensei no Ojikan manga, volume 1
ISBN : 4-8124-5284-8
Published March 1999.

Source: http://product.esbooks.co.jp/

Last edited by RobertM; 2004-04-18 at 10:58.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:41   Link #35
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Old 2004-04-18, 10:57   Link #36
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM
Azumanga Daioh manga, volume 1
ISBN : 4-8402-1467-0
Published February 2000.

Sensei no Ojikan manga, volume 1
ISBN : 4-8124-5284-8
Published March 1999.
*bows* Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-04-18 at 11:22.
Old 2004-04-18, 11:46   Link #37
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Quote:
*bows* Thank you for clearing that up for me.
*bows* You're welcome.

So... has anyone read the manga? Can anyone describe the differences, etc. between the manga and the anime? How many episodes will the anime be?

Initially, I too was just overwhelmed by the number of characters being introduced in episode 1. It was ever faster and more furious than the mass intros in the first episode of Maria Sama Ga Miteru...
Old 2004-04-22, 05:10   Link #38
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched episode 1. It just won me over, i cannot stop laughing. ^^

Mika sensei is so small and cute. >_<

The iincho and the 2D Otaku are so much fun to watch. ^^

And the guy with the major nosebleed. hahah.. ^^
Old 2004-04-22, 05:39   Link #39
Sledeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
Let me just say that clones of Azumanga are always welcome in my books.
I agree with ya there.
Old 2004-04-22, 12:02   Link #40
eean

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by suires
All I can say is I am completely lost. What is this episode all about?

BTW I like most of the VAs and the music too.
What is there to be confused about? Like Azumanga, there isn't a plot so much as a series of plot-line driven dialogs.
Closed Thread