AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-28, 03:22   Link #181
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Spoiler for Vols. 4 & 9:

Tbh, I'm not certain that Tanigawa has the plot fully planned out, considering how overdue Astonishment is.
Old 2009-10-02, 08:55   Link #182
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
To thoses who say that the Ryoko/Yuki fight was staged, I would say that a retcon would have to occur for me to buy that, since Tanigawa never meant to write more than Melancholy until it became a success.

Remember that this was before Yuki and Kyon were meant to develop anything close to chemistry, and the possibly of their ship didn't really exist until Disappearance. It more than likely that Tanigawa didn't intend for their ship to exist at that point, and that would ultimately make Ryoko nothing more than your friendly, neighborhood yandere villian who as ultimately acting on her own accord.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:33   Link #183
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'd say Disappearance pretty much sunk the ship before it ever left port.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-02, 19:41   Link #184
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
Spoiler for Vols. 4 & 9:

Tbh, I'm not certain that Tanigawa has the plot fully planned out, considering how overdue Astonishment is.
I disagree. I don't care how popular your books are, unless you've proven you can spit out novels faster than Stephen King, no publisher, especially one as big as Kadokawa Shoten, is going to agree to publish, then announce, a direct sequel novel scheduled less than a year after the cliffhangered previous novel if they don't have at least a solid outline of what's going to happen. Kadokawa may not make a lot of sense, but they're not stupid. Either Kadokawa or Tanigawa decided mid-stream to go a different direction on the 10th novel and they've had one bitch of a rewrite, or Kadokawa decided they wanted to hold on to the more or less completed novel until some other event.
Old 2009-10-07, 10:32   Link #185
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems Nagato has another parody/spin off doujinshi.
Spoiler for Yuria 100% Shiki parody:
Old 2009-10-07, 10:35   Link #186
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well... at least the cover looks good.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-07, 10:40   Link #187
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam a Yuria 100% Shiki fan also and Nagato is my favorite Haruhi character. So this is a win win doujin for me.

Wonder who are the 3 daughters? Ryoko? O_o
Old 2009-10-07, 12:52   Link #188
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Iam a Yuria 100% Shiki fan also and Nagato is my favorite Haruhi character. So this is a win win doujin for me.

Wonder who are the 3 daughters? Ryoko? O_o
Judging by the questionable translation given, I think the doujinshi is suggesting that the 3 Yuria sisters (Yuria, Juria, and Yu-rin) are the "daughters". Of course the original word may have been "musume", which while it often means "daughter", can often mean just "girl".
Old 2009-10-07, 19:21   Link #189
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Judging by the questionable translation given, I think the doujinshi is suggesting that the 3 Yuria sisters (Yuria, Juria, and Yu-rin) are the "daughters". Of course the original word may have been "musume", which while it often means "daughter", can often mean just "girl".
Thank God. Otherwise it would feel awkward, Nagato having daughters at her "age".
Old 2009-10-08, 11:12   Link #190
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam just glad it's not H. Also they're androids they can physically look the same age even cloned humans.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:43   Link #191
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
It's a Rei thread now, dammit. The reason that I don't like Nagato so much is because she is the new Rei. She's that someone who is so quiet, you can say anything to her and not have a responce (with two words or more).

And then she'll fuck you up in a fraction of a second.
Aw, how can you not like Nagato, she is adorable.

Whenever I see her, I feel like hugging her.
Old 2009-10-15, 02:39   Link #192
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... I'd suggest you be careful about saying that sort of thing in the future... some Nagato fans are rather protective of her, after all, and might misinterpret your intentions.
Old 2009-10-15, 02:44   Link #193
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I'd suggest you be careful about saying that sort of thing in the future... some Nagato fans are rather protective of her, after all, and might misinterpret your intentions.
Who me?

She does look cute and hugable though...
Old 2009-10-15, 03:58   Link #194
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
No mind Kogetsu, he is just going yandere for Yuki, it is pretty normal. Anyway you quoted a post from days ago to add nothing to the discussion. You can't discuss who someone should like or not.

To (re)start that discussion about "Yuki=Rei2", I believe that, while the are very similar, probably on purpose(similar names and appearance), they have distintive enough personality and a completely different role in the story and relationship with the protagonists. So, while similar in a way, they are different characters.

Saying they are the same is like saying Luffy(One Piece) is the same as Goku(Dragon Ball), just because the former was based on the latter.
Old 2009-10-15, 04:03   Link #195
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
No mind Kogetsu, he is just going yandere for Yuki, it is pretty normal.
I'd like to think I was rather reserved there. I didn't threaten him with a knife at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Saying they are the same is like saying Luffy(One Piece) is the same as Goku(Dragon Ball), just because the former was based on the latter.

The main difference there is that Luffy can get lost in the crowd of ridiculously powered characters that make up the One Piece cast, whereas Goku ended up being the entire focus of DB/Z.
Old 2009-10-15, 04:20   Link #196
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
I'd like to think I was rather reserved there. I didn't threaten him with a knife at all.
That is true. Defitevely more less agressive then other posts of your.

Quote:
The main difference there is that Luffy can get lost in the crowd of ridiculously powered characters that make up the One Piece cast, whereas Goku ended up being the entire focus of DB/Z.
Yeah. Luffy is very similar to Goku (specially Goku from before the Z series), being the key difference their position in the world. Since the begining, Goku is one of the most poweful beings in the earth, even meeting people who are stronger, he quickly surpass them. Luffy, by the other side, while incredible powerful and able to get the attention of the top guys in the world, still is, after 500+ chapters, just one more in the crowd when near to the real powerful ones.

Similarly, Yuki share a lot with Rei, same thematic name (snow/cold battleship/destroyer) artificial beings, quiets, like the protagonist for a similar reason... However, they are also a lot different. Kyon respond to Yuki's feelings differently then Shinji to Rei's. Their general role in the story is completely different, Yuki is the walking Deus Ex-Machina tha solve poblens and Rei is the creepy girl who "tell" more about Shinji background. In a quick glance they are the same, but few who watch both series would agree with it.

(I actually never watched any EVA series, a shame, I know, I only read teh manga and watched the End of Evangelion. So, I might be mistaken about something I said)
Old 2009-10-15, 11:40   Link #197
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From my understanding, Rei was suppose to be the creepy girl the audiance wasn't suppose to like....as we can see, that backfired.

Yuki, on the other hand, turned that around. I'm fairly sure we are meant to like her fairly soon after we mean her, even if she was more of less background and provide the first real background plot elements (I am an alien and Haruhi isn't a normal human). She quickly switches from what could be very creepy to being the girl that will defend Kyon...also has a few other moments that bring her forward from being "creepy" and make her Yuki. First is the tea scene before the first infodump. She just keeps pouring after he finishes drinking. In the anime, I noted she has really tiny hands...but then I have this things for formal ceremonies that involve food or drink (What that wasn't a tea ceremony, it was still interesting to watch for me). Then their trip to the library. Finally the whole Ryoko fight and the ending about the glasses.

While she was first classed as another Rei-clone...she's overshadowed Rei, I think.
Old 2009-10-15, 23:14   Link #198
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The similarities between the two are pretty superficial. Rei never really went anywhere, character-wise.

Spoiler for Evangelion:

Yuki, however, is slowly evolving into something else as she interacts with Kyon.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-10-16, 05:58   Link #199
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Nagato pretty much started where Rei left off... It's not really a fair comparison, to be honest.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:18   Link #200
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

While we are on Yuki/Rei comparisons, I hope you guys won't mind helping me to settle this argument I had with my friend.

Motoko Kusanagi vs Yuki Nagato. Who will win in a no-holds barred fight? I argue that Yuki operates on a totally different level from Motoko; She can manipulate space-time itself, hell if she wanted to she can turn Motoko into a block of wood. For some reason my friend refuses to accept this.

Mods, if this post is not suitable for this thread feel free to delete it.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters