AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Can a Man and a Women be Just Friends?
Yes 269 83.02%
No 55 16.98%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-11, 12:41   Link #301
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm good enough at telling which kind of girls are one I can steal kisses from and which kind of girls I can't, but....oui, madame.

Merci, madame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
When you talk to a young lady, "Mademoiselle" is better than "Madame" because like that you will not suffer her wrath
For laughs, I wanted to draw and post an angry chibi narona, but I don't have the time today >_<

And so yeah, you should [sadly] refer to me as Mademoiselle, because I am not married yet.

Fortunately, it will change sooner or later

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-11 at 13:04.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 15:46   Link #302
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Noting on the the gender female differences, it occurs in english too.
Ms vs Miss.

Typically, the social notion of Ms is a woman who has been divorced or is middle aged. Single young peeps are typically 'Miss' Mrs (naturally, is a married woman)

So applying Ms to me, does make me twitch too, lol.

Eitherway methinks we should skip back to topic on end or let the thread lie
According to the wiki, Ms (UK) or Ms. (USA) is an English honorific used with the last name or full name of a woman. According to The Emily Post Institute, Ms. is the default form of address for women, regardless of marital status, in the U.S.

In other words, it's applied to unmarried women. There's no real distinction between unmarried and divorced because the title Ms. or Miss doesn't consider maritial status in the first place.

The distinction between Miss and Ms came about due to a feminist movement when they wanted a term which, like "Mr.", simply denoted gender without additionally indicating marital status.

I'm not trying to insult you or anything. I'm just stating facts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
For laughs, I wanted to draw and post an angry chibi narona, but I don't have the time today >_<

And so yeah, you should [sadly] refer to me as Mademoiselle, because I am not married yet.

Fortunately, it will change sooner or later
Sounds like you've got things already planned out
Or do you?
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:27   Link #303
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

I strongly believe that a man and woman can be friends and nothing more. I grew up with a guy friend, he's been in my life since about the first grade. Not once have we had any romantic feelngs about eachother, we would talk about it often since people would sometimes talk about us hooking up one day. Never happened, never will. He's like my brother and I'm like a sister to him. We're still pretty close to this day.
K_Babyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 15:28   Link #304
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Sounds like you've got things already planned out
Or do you?

Spoiler for .:

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-12 at 16:12.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 01:14   Link #305
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Spoiler for .:
Don't ask me why. I know that's the original Zelda for the NES, but idk why it reminded me of Space Invaders anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I strongly believe that a man and woman can be friends and nothing more. I grew up with a guy friend, he's been in my life since about the first grade. Not once have we had any romantic feelngs about eachother, we would talk about it often since people would sometimes talk about us hooking up one day. Never happened, never will. He's like my brother and I'm like a sister to him. We're still pretty close to this day.
iibh, it's also pretty hard to think of childhood friends as more than just friends. I remember one time where my parents (and hers) tried hooking me up with this girl I used to know in elementary only a few years ago. It was pretty funny too. We went out a couple of times but it never got beyond that. Doesn't always happen like this, but that's what I know from personal experience.
Old 2009-10-13, 01:46   Link #306
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
iibh, it's also pretty hard to think of childhood friends as more than just friends. I remember one time where my parents (and hers) tried hooking me up with this girl I used to know in elementary only a few years ago. It was pretty funny too. We went out a couple of times but it never got beyond that. Doesn't always happen like this, but that's what I know from personal experience.
Yes, that's true. Although, I did end up dating a guy that I've known since elementary school for a long time, his name was Brandon, we were on and off over the course of three years. We were pretty serious, too. He wasn't as close as Marcus and I were, but he and Marcus were good friends, so we hung out a lot and I mean a lot. We were friends for a while, then developed feelings for eachother as we got older. It was such a great relationship, but time seperated us and we went our seperate ways. Unfortunately, it's really hard to say this btw, but Brandon just passed away 9/27/09. I've never cried so hard and so much at a funeral before, it was horrifying.

But with that said, I do believe that a man and woman can be just friends, but at the same time I also believe that feelings will grow over time. Just depends on who you are and what kind of relationship the two of you have.
Old 2009-10-13, 06:17   Link #307
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Yes, that's true. Although, I did end up dating a guy that I've known since elementary school for a long time, his name was Brandon, we were on and off over the course of three years. We were pretty serious, too. He wasn't as close as Marcus and I were, but he and Marcus were good friends, so we hung out a lot and I mean a lot. We were friends for a while, then developed feelings for eachother as we got older. It was such a great relationship, but time seperated us and we went our seperate ways. Unfortunately, it's really hard to say this btw, but Brandon just passed away 9/27/09. I've never cried so hard and so much at a funeral before, it was horrifying.

But with that said, I do believe that a man and woman can be just friends, but at the same time I also believe that feelings will grow over time. Just depends on who you are and what kind of relationship the two of you have.
Yeah, there are always exceptions but I believe generally that's how things usually turn out with childhood friends. They don't usually develop into something bigger because as a child, normally you condition yourself to thinking of them as school friends or simply friends. I'm sorry for your loss btw. That's really sad.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:47   Link #308
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Yeah, there are always exceptions but I believe generally that's how things usually turn out with childhood friends. They don't usually develop into something bigger because as a child, normally you condition yourself to thinking of them as school friends or simply friends. I'm sorry for your loss btw. That's really sad.
Thanks. The last couple weeks have been pretty rough.
Old 2009-10-15, 22:26   Link #309
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Don't know a thing in French, but I am guessing it's similar to spanish in how one must never refer to a young (unmarried) lady as Seņora and must always use Seņorita instead.

Of course, if a girl never marries, she could be refered as a Seņorita all her life.
what about muchacha? or chica?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 00:39   Link #310
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
We need a depends on the person bit.

Because it vairys amongst people.