AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-09, 19:29   Link #101
jedinat

I dunno. I've never played any other Kingdom Hearts game beyond a few minutes, so maybe I don't have the "proper" perspective going in. The game is way too vague and vacuous... vague story, boring characters that might have been randomly grabbed from any FF game, shallow and pointless Disney movie tie-ins... largely empty environments with no sense of place, enemies that appear out of nowhere for no reason, attacks that feel unsatisfying, unreliable camera... I see nothing that might instigate all this praise I see by fans other than the bare fact that it's another Kingdom Hearts game with rather high production values...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:45   Link #102
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

How bout we just say Kingdom Hearts is an RPG for those who don't like RPG's? Cause that's pretty much the case with me.

Kingdom Hearts is an RPG heavily mixed with action/adventure elements and some platforming, so it's probably not for you if you often play more "traditional" RPG's.
Old 2010-09-09, 23:28   Link #103
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

omg i shouldnt have picked Critical. Vanites is such a prick in the 2nd fight with Aqua... "oh your gonna heal when im doing a short ranged attack?HA!" *cheap teleport lightning attack*

yea wonna be a cheap ass? *goes to Overlevel*
Old 2010-09-10, 02:06   Link #104
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I got this game in english at last, and just to found out that my analog stick is broken.

FFFFFU-

At least I managed to get to Cinderella in Terra's critical mode. It's actually pretty hard considering that sometimes my character would stop moving because an error in my analog stick @_@

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 07:13   Link #105
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea my triggers are busted. so sometimes the game wont lock on or move the camra =\ really annoying.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:37   Link #106
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, I just placed my order on Amazon for the game. How is the difficulty levels? KH and KH2 were easy on expert so...lol.
Old 2010-09-10, 12:42   Link #107
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, I just placed my order on Amazon for the game. How is the difficulty levels? KH and KH2 were easy on expert so...lol.
BBS has Critical difficulty, just like KH2 Final Mix had. I'm not sure what all the specifications are, but I know the the max HP total on this difficulty is a lot lower.
Old 2010-09-10, 13:25   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thankfully i was able to find a game store that was selling the game today. Played about an hour, and already i'd say it's the best game in the series . The changes to the battle system really make this a much better all around experience of a game. Of course i started with Alpha, with that being very obvious.

Quick question, how often do you guys use the D-links?

Quote:
The fact that the game is no longer just a button basher changes the difficult level. You'll see what i mean when the battles start.
Old 2010-09-10, 14:01   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I might do normal difficulty then. I don't want to have to go back and play the same boss over and over, I've been very time constrained lately.
Old 2010-09-10, 14:07   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I might do normal difficulty then. I don't want to have to go back and play the same boss over and over, I've been very time constrained lately.
Yeah that's a good choice. You'll be playing through the game three times with the trio, so you can always up a difficulty on the next playthrough.
Old 2010-09-10, 14:43   Link #111
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah that's a good choice. You'll be playing through the game three times with the trio, so you can always up a difficulty on the next playthrough.
Is that how they have it set up? That's cool. I wonder who I'll do first...lol.
Old 2010-09-10, 16:21   Link #112
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Don't play anything below Proud, or (unless they changed the requirements from the JP version) you won't be able to play the final story. If you use your head a bit, the new system isn't harder than the previous ones, and in my last playthrough each story took about 10 hours or less on Critical difficulty.

That's after playing through the JP version on Proud and it'll take closer to 15 for a new player, so don't worry too much about game length.

I recommend starting with Ventus' story (easiest bosses and balanced character, although his final battle is a little hairy), then Aqua's (strongest character but some nastier boss fights), then Terra's (worst character, hardest bosses). It's up to you, but that should give you the best difficulty progression.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 16:25   Link #113
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I just read up on Kingdom hearts COded and apparently Sora is going to save aqua ven terra. and so I edit my fanfic, where my OC is there with the 3 waiting to be saved.

So i was thinking of just a solo colored pic of my OC pointing to his heart with his thumb and a smile (as his heart are glows) sayin "I know He's coming because of this!"
Old 2010-09-10, 16:32   Link #114
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Don't play anything below Proud, or (unless they changed the requirements from the JP version) you won't be able to play the final story.
You can't see the real ending if you play on the easier difficulties? God what a rip. Guess I'll have to look it up on Youtube or something then.

Oh and Terra was actually the easiest character for me. His final fight was a little tough but I managed to pull through. Guess it's just cause his playstyle suits me the most. (Offensive rushdown.)

Anyway...

Spoiler for Optional Boss Spoilers:
Old 2010-09-10, 16:52   Link #115
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Terra is the best at the beginning of the game and is a total tank (has the best HP and Strength), but doesn't have the Snow White and Mickey D-links (which are amazing... the former nets you tons of items due to early-game access to Treasure Raid, and Mickey has 2x Exp when maxed) and lacks solid magic. On Critical (and to a lesser extent Proud), having more HP isn't very helpful because of the amount of damage enemies can dish out (so that you're mostly relying on Second Chance and Once More to survive at the end of the game).

That's my opinion and it's affected by my playstyle, but it's generally not disputed that he has the hardest final boss.

Aqua is horrible at the beginning of the game, though, because she does almost no physical damage and you don't have access to good magic. And she can't D-link herself, so you don't start the game with access to healing magic, of course.
Old 2010-09-10, 17:28   Link #116
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I never use D-Links. So that may be a factor in why I found Terra my best character. xD;

Anyway, I looked around and it looks like the conditions for the Final Episode are to beat all 3 stories on ANY difficulty and get all 13 Xehanort Reports. I'm relieved.

The secret ending is the only thing that's easier to get on higher difficulties.
Old 2010-09-10, 18:19   Link #117
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Oh good. In the JP version you had to get all the Xeha Reports on Proud to unlock Final Episode, which I felt was pretty unreasonable.
Old 2010-09-10, 18:38   Link #118
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

FYI guys, the secret boss is this guy

note, two swords(energy swords) both wielded backwards, and this is a obvious joke XD if they add star wars to KH -_-
Old 2010-09-11, 05:19   Link #119
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The new boss is perhaps someone from the future..
Quote:
Thankfully i was able to find a game store that was selling the game today. Played about an hour, and already i'd say it's the best game in the series . The changes to the battle system really make this a much better all around experience of a game. Of course i started with Alpha, with that being very obvious.
I agree with you Personally, I think the system is the best and the game itself is one of the hardest game compared to the other games I think it's like playing KH 2 but without the so convenient system of Reaction commands

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 12:34   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Is that how they have it set up? That's cool. I wonder who I'll do first...lol.
Thankfully you get a chance to handle the three characters before you make the choice, so that should help you decide. I went with Aqua for the obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Aqua is horrible at the beginning of the game, though, because she does almost no physical damage and you don't have access to good magic. And she can't D-link herself, so you don't start the game with access to healing magic, of course.
Thankfully i was able to get a hold of cure in the command board, though that was just a lucky chance really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I never use D-Links.
Really? I was thinking they'd be needed at a later date, though it's good to hear that they're not necessary. I'll still use them now and then though, because i'd hate to see them go to waste. :3

Tags
crossover, mark hamill = over 9000, mx = vulcan