AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 11 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 144 54.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 23.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 4.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 6.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.29%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-24, 07:24   Link #81
fazer

Its not perfect...but still love it....left a void in my heart now that a great series with characters I love ended....
Old 2011-06-24, 07:26   Link #82
User68604
Disabled By Request

^ ur avi is very befitting
Old 2011-06-24, 08:54   Link #83
blewin

I cried! so not want Menma to go, but it's great to see Jinta picking up his life, going to school and caring for Anaru.

didn't expect Poppo to have witnessed Menma's death. Must have been so traumatic for him. Poor guy.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2011-06-24, 09:34   Link #84
gin-jishi

just loved this episode!!! even though the anime isn't perfect... i gotta say, that last episode was just epic, everything about it... man, i think everyone who watched it cried!!!! :'(
Old 2011-06-24, 09:44   Link #85
deadite

I can only imagine Touko's reaction when little Menma dies before she did.
Old 2011-06-24, 09:52   Link #86
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
I didnt cry, maybe because I was expecting some different conclusion.

But it was a great show and my favorite of this season.
Old 2011-06-24, 10:03   Link #87
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

That was a pretty darn good ending. The last two episodes got me thinking that all the AnaruXJintan resolution we're going to get is the two of them smiling at each other at most; what we got was a taaad more than that, so I guess I won't complain too much. If you only consider the ending in terms of Menma, then I'd say it was great.
Old 2011-06-24, 10:33   Link #88
fazer

Did the guys who give the score of 1 for this ending episode meant that this episode was bad or just really painfully good?
Old 2011-06-24, 11:04   Link #89
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Some, actually, a lot of the scenes in this episode were cringe worthy, but overall it was a decent conclusion to the series, nothing was left unresolved, so I'm happy. But goddamn, the whole hide and seek part was just awful, I wanted to skip forward. >_<

I'd give the series a 7.5 out of 10.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:24   Link #90
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
But goddamn, the whole hide and seek part was just awful, I wanted to skip forward. >_<

I'd give the series a 7.5 out of 10.
It was not lol ! I like how childish it was, since it was what they played when they were younger...and how genuinely lost and desperate they were running around looking for Menma.

I just watched it again...I think I am dehydrated from crying ...
Old 2011-06-24, 11:27   Link #91
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Spoiler for Ep11:
Haha, you so stole my words, but I do have some more to add:

Loyal to being predictable and not trying to bring surprises for the sake of surprises like some overthought speculations here +3

Bittersweet ending: as in, Menma does disappear and, most importantly, leading to everyone moving on with their lives like the show intended to and not turning into Higurashi or something of that sort +5

It freaking made me want to swear out loud for being emotional shaken even though I do think they cried a little - just a little - too much to force it, but then the seiyuu's, being a star cast, did too good of a job so I can't complain. I hate them for that -20

Despite that the general direction the finale went for didn't surprise me, it did bring me surprises on how they managed to transit the temple scene from "having selfish intention in wishing Menma to RIP" to "trueheartedly wanting to fulfill Menma's wish" +10

Menma's true wish turned out to be a true surprise. Who would think of that? +10

So "真心" did turn out to be meaningful in that scene +2

Hence total score of this episode = 10
Old 2011-06-24, 12:15   Link #92
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

A great episode for me... I didn't cry at all, but still it struck me right in the heart.

I think I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings because I thought it was the perfect ending for a great series.

I think the best part is that all the plot holes were covered and basically the shrine scene was one part of them growing up... While them saying good bye to Menma was moving on. Some parts were predictable but certain elements were well played and pleseantly surprsing giving the episode a more fresh feel.

Overall Impression: 10/10
Old 2011-06-24, 12:25   Link #93
SkoolRumble4Ya

I'm so sad why Menma have to go. Hopefully some company license it so I can buy it on blu ray.
Old 2011-06-24, 12:38   Link #94
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
The final episode itself seemed like a step down from earlier episodes, but I'm mostly happy with the way the stories ended for each of the characters. I don't want to spoil anything important for anyone so I'll hold off on detailed commentary for now, but I'll say these things:

Spoiler for a minor point:
This.

Mostly happy with the anime, but it could've ended better. There were times where I felt really touched but then 30 seconds later it felt corny and awkward, and the entire episode was back and forth that way. I liked the idea for the ending, but...it could've been executed better.

EDIT: The hide and seek part was a good idea in my opinion, but it was too overly dramatic.

Spoiler for what I think is not completely resolved:

6/10 (for the episode)

But all in all it is probably my favorite show of this season.
Old 2011-06-24, 13:04   Link #95
tera_ha

a really good anime and a decent ending but i have this feeling that this show is a bit overrated if not a lot but thats just me
Old 2011-06-24, 13:16   Link #96
User68604
Disabled By Request

^unfortunately correct

ppl compare it to the epicness that is called Clannad After Story
Old 2011-06-24, 13:35   Link #97
InfiniteDistance

It's a new show, so people are typically enthusiastic. In any case, I like it more than Clannad After Story.

I really liked the ending, but it seems some people are disappointed by how 'unsurprising' the end was. That's something I really lked, though. Surprise endings typically seem to ruin shows for me.

Some things I liked in particular:

Spoiler:

All in all a very enjoyable show.
Old 2011-06-24, 13:45   Link #98
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Yes, I was brought near to tears a few times and was trying very hard to hold them in but I think there were too many times the characters were crying for the sake of crying. Hell I was laughing at those particular scenes and some of those yelling really irritated me..

Other than those, I would said I really enjoyed and am satisfied with this episode.
Old 2011-06-24, 14:06   Link #99
TakezoMusashi

9/10
A little too overly dramatic in parts, but good overall.

...wow, I completly forgot Anaru had her two friends since they dissapeared for awhile, and suddenly they aren't so bad...
Old 2011-06-24, 14:15   Link #100
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Just coming from watching it, I don't really understand everyone's complaints about overdoing it, but I guess it's just how much you're willing to accept. I thought it was fine and a great way to end the series, considering how subdued the series was until now. A great way to end a great series.

I cried ;-;. Time to loop the ending for a couple of hours.
Closed Thread