AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 10:38   Link #341
SidVicious
Anime addict

Ushiromiya Kinzo, is that you?

Spoiler for Picture contains spoilers. Click at your own risk.:

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-27 at 14:53. Reason: Added tag.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:22   Link #342
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

HUGE spoilers in that pic.

Spoiler for Explanation of who is in the image, this is a spoiler.:

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-27 at 14:54. Reason: Properly tag, thanks.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:10   Link #343
Key Board
Carbon

Is this something Saori and Shaina knew about?

If so, I must question the logic of sending Kouga off without telling a damn thing...again
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:21   Link #344
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Is this something Saori and Shaina knew about?

If so, I must question the logic of sending Kouga off without telling a damn thing...again

I don't think so, it's not like Kouga actually knew he was going into Palaestra when he left. He (and everyone else, really) seemed to be worried mostly with Mars at the time. Although to be honest, that development up there was to be somewhat expected with all the hints we've been getting.

Spoiler for Not really "spoilers", but stuff about the original seasons of Saint Seiya:
Old 2012-04-28, 04:01   Link #345
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I don't think so, it's not like Kouga actually knew he was going into Palaestra when he left. He (and everyone else, really) seemed to be worried mostly with Mars at the time. Although to be honest, that development up there was to be somewhat expected with all the hints we've been getting.

Spoiler for Not really "spoilers", but stuff about the original seasons of Saint Seiya:
Spoiler for Original show:
Old 2012-04-28, 04:11   Link #346
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

We were told there are only 2 Gold Saints. They may have fooled us.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 04:25   Link #347
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
We were told there are only 2 Gold Saints. They may have fooled us.
Two active ones. Seiya the Sagittarius gold saint is inactive while Ionia the Capricorn is the headmaster. I think everybody here would like to think that Hyoga is the Aquarius saint, myself included.

What I don't quite follow is how did an old man become a gold saint?
Old 2012-04-28, 04:34   Link #348
Key Board
Carbon

It does seem a bit strange for the new blood to be an older man

Because that implies he was around during the earlier series.. we just never noticed him

If I'm to guess:

1) It's a disguise. He's actually young
2) He can transform like Dohko
3) He's a Martian that infiltrated the Sanctuary
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-04-28, 05:43   Link #349
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
What I don't quite follow is how did an old man become a gold saint?
It could be that he was the Capricorn gold saint BEFORE Shura, retired his position due to old age and found a successor ie passed his position to Shura, and was invited to come back to take on his current job because everyone worthwhile/had knowledge died during the war with Hades.

It's completely possible that there was at least a couple more generations of saints between the twice previous holy war (one which Dohko, Shion fought in) and the last one (the one Seiya fought), after all those two wars were 243 years apart.....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 19:41   Link #350
xellos2099

Why is it that any saint seiya beside Lost Canvas LOVE to have an evil authority figure before fighting real enemy.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 21:03   Link #351
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It could be that he was the Capricorn gold saint BEFORE Shura, retired his position due to old age and found a successor ie passed his position to Shura, and was invited to come back to take on his current job because everyone worthwhile/had knowledge died during the war with Hades.

It's completely possible that there was at least a couple more generations of saints between the twice previous holy war (one which Dohko, Shion fought in) and the last one (the one Seiya fought), after all those two wars were 243 years apart.....
That's a good explanation. I think the general consensus is that Saints starts young but they also die young. Those who actually get to retire are probably in the minority. Ionia could be Shura's master's master given his age.

I expect this new generation of Saints to be weaker at the start compared to the previous generation. The previous generation where trained by the Gold and Silver saints while the new generation are being trained by scrubs of the past. I can't wait to see the how they stack up to Hyoga and Ikki.

Oh and I'm not sure if anybody asked, but who is the Pope right now

Do we even have a Pope?
Old 2012-04-29, 04:45   Link #352
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Watched episode 5, it's an ok episode, but it's too much "classical shonen", with tranining, test etc... But well, Saint Seiya is a shonen ha.
It reminds me of Naruto Chuunin test or Hunter x Hunter's test.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-29, 07:19   Link #353
Key Board
Carbon

additional info

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-29, 10:31   Link #354
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2012-04-29, 13:29   Link #355
ShiroiRyu

Anyways, i don't want a Yuna X Ryuho.
No no ! o/
Old 2012-04-29, 17:10   Link #356
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad Kouga went back for Souma. So Eden is supposed to be the strongest.
Old 2012-04-30, 19:30   Link #357
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I kind of like the idea that everyone starts from bronze and get promoted to silver by merit and hard work, it nicely fills the hole of the original. As discussed before in the original it was a myth and it bugs me how if you are "just born into it" - as it seems highly unfair that you are born directly into a silver constellation automatically with no work and didn't have to earn the position. We know that everyone has a Gold constellation via their birthday so now everything seems to works out all nice and well with a proper ranking up system.

Now maybe they can incorporate the cloth stone technology(?) into the plot and say that those promoted to silver can also get an armor upgrade?
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:46   Link #358
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

There's quite a huge number of Bronze Saints in ep5. I'm not sure if this is a mess-up by Toei, or does that no. include the anime Saints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Anyways, i don't want a Yuna X Ryuho.
No no ! o/
Didn't you hear that squee of happiness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I kind of like the idea that everyone starts from bronze and get promoted to silver by merit and hard work, it nicely fills the hole of the original. As discussed before in the original it was a myth and it bugs me how if you are "just born into it" - as it seems highly unfair that you are born directly into a silver constellation automatically with no work and didn't have to earn the position. We know that everyone has a Gold constellation via their birthday so now everything seems to works out all nice and well with a proper ranking up system.

Now maybe they can incorporate the cloth stone technology(?) into the plot and say that those promoted to silver can also get an armor upgrade?

I'm suspecting this to be the case.

The discovery of Cloth Stone/Elements seems to have made it a necessity to reforge the entire Cloth range (Gold/Silver/Bronze/Etc), and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to screw off with the fixed numbers and materials for Silver/Bronze Cloths. ( considering that there were... what? 15 surviving Saints from the war with Hades? )

It would be a lot more flexible if outside of the fixed 12 for Gold, the title of Silver/Bronzes are determined by the quality of the Saint on its own.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 20:32   Link #359
n0m@n
C-Z

Episode 6 aired and I liked it. The tournament began, and for the first day 4 matches occurred.
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2012-05-06, 06:54   Link #360
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't really like this episode, I hope things will be better in the future. Well the next episode seems cool.

Spoiler:

And I hope that there will be more variety in Omega' soundtrack... Everytime it's the same and it's not epic at all.

Tags
action, shounen