AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 19:57   Link #201
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Oh wow. What a chapter. Gai vs. Obito--epic.

It's so funny that the Obito=Tobi theory popped up almost as soon as the character was introduced. Even after he was "revealed" as Madara, there was always those die-hards who believed.

I haven't read the reactions much, but I'm sure this has hardly been a surprise to anyone on these forums, even if you never really bought Tobi=Obito. But I'm really, really interested in how Obito's story unfolds. It's been the source of so much speculation. For years, folks have been arguing the timeline, how Obito could've survived (or brought back from death). Trying to make the pieces fit. And one of the biggest argument against was always how Obito goes from kind-hearted screw-up to evil mastermind kage-level ninja a few years. The whole "Madara's spirit in Obito's body" doesn't really fit when Madara's spirit is in the Edo Tensei body.

Yeah, and what the hell happened to Rin? Hope we find out.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:45   Link #202
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Said murderous intent was directed towards the S-Class criminal that killed his family though.
-True, but he also claimed that once he gave said S-rank criminal a lethal dose of rigor mortis he'd get right on track to reviving his clan. Last I checked, he's still stuck in step 1, except the target is an entire village.

-Man, I do so love how all these psychological problems and emotional imbalances are so rampart in manga and anime, but there's never a professional counselor/psychiatrist in sight. Instead they just let their destructive feelings fester and reach the eventual extreme conclusion. Thankfully for every crazy, revenge/murder obsessed antagonist, there's a warrior therapist protagonist that will beat some sense back into their skulls.
Old 2012-08-29, 21:31   Link #203
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think Kishi was like "Let's make things simple and go with Obito. Make the fans happy."
Old 2012-08-29, 21:53   Link #204
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Well...talk about lackluster and obvious.

Here, I was hoping that there was a silver lining somewhere that it wasn't that lame rugrat. But the author still went for the most obvious choice. Not like we haven't seen these archetype villians one too many times. Sprinkle in some red herrings here and there to throw us off the trail. Sure it made guessing his identity more fun.

But it's time to pinch myself in the face, and remember to not take these fictional stories too seriously. Otherwise, I'll feel more disappointed.

Blah.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 22:10   Link #205
jzmagic
flargansbog

So Obito was pretty much exactly like Naruto back in the day, a goofball with less talent on the surface, a rivalry with the more talented team member, and an unrequited love. Maybe he became a villain because Rin was in love with Kakashi.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 22:24   Link #206
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
So Obito was pretty much exactly like Naruto back in the day, a goofball with less talent on the surface, a rivalry with the more talented team member, and an unrequited love. Maybe he became a villain because Rin was in love with Kakashi.
itachi did say....if you do everything yourself and dont rely on people you will become just like madara/tobi. foreshadowing!
Old 2012-08-29, 22:25   Link #207
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
All I'll say about this chapter is that Asuma and Kurenai made a really cute couple. Too bad he croaked and killed off their relationship. Hopefully his student Shikamaru makes up for it with Temari. Oh, and nice to see the current jonin as kids.

Interesting in how ObitoRin was exactly like NaruSaku. I am beginning to think Hinata is a red herring and Naruto will succeed where Obito failed.

The rest can't be judged until Kishi explains a ton of stuff.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 22:35   Link #208
Kowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The rest can't be judged until Kishi explains a ton of stuff.
Too many potholes, and not enought dialogue to make a commitment.

All this chapter confirmed was that he looks like obito... Something everyone thought all along lol
Old 2012-08-29, 22:38   Link #209
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I'm...still going to need a better Hannibal lecture after this, because I'm still not buying what Kishi is trying to sell with Obito...

I was actually much more interested in seeing how some things were in the flashback portion of the chapter (Which is like, 93% of the chapter) than the foregone reveal at the end of it...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 22:46   Link #210
confused n lonely

I'm going out on a limb and say tobi is really Rin. After all she was in the chapter too and no one really knows if she is really dead or not, at least I don't think.
confused n lonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 23:07   Link #211
christinemarie
Crazy One

@confused n lonely
You may have a point, probably Rin returned to the area where Obito's body lies then used a forbidden technique that encompasses the Ino clan and somehow related to how Dan's spirit jutsu is and managed to merge with the body, then one day, Kakashi saw Rin's body and thought she was dead. Rin probably in denial with everything that transpired, so I don't know how she learn a lot from this. The ability to use only one jutsu tells everything...
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 01:30   Link #212
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

I expect kishi will edo-tensei both of Narutos parents, along with the 3rd and some other long dead good guys through some bogus ass technique and then teach them all edo-tensei and they'll all be alive and a happy family again forever and Jaraiya never actually died, hes coming back as the next masked bad guy mastermind. He faked his own death and has been behind it all. No one is really dead in Naruto.
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 02:55   Link #213
prakash123

Guys I think obito and izuna are confirmed somehow related.that's how madara knows obito/tobi.i was on naruto wiki and I spotted something suspicious.check out izuna and obito's birthdate, star sign and bloodtype,they are the same.Obito might be some kind of reincarnation of izuna,izuna's son or in order for someone to take full conscious of someone those had to be some of the criteria?(if some ppl are thinking that its obitos body with someone else's conscious)that's why madara didn't like the idea of tob being around when kabuto mentioned about the fake madara.
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 03:14   Link #214
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy~Noodles View Post
I expect kishi will edo-tensei both of Narutos parents, along with the 3rd and some other long dead good guys through some bogus ass technique and then teach them all edo-tensei and they'll all be alive and a happy family again forever and Jaraiya never actually died, hes coming back as the next masked bad guy mastermind. He faked his own death and has been behind it all. No one is really dead in Naruto.
I know you're just trolling, but I still feel the need to point out that half of the characters you mention can't even BE brought back to life to begin with.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 03:14   Link #215
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
he also had long hair when he discussed the massacre with itachi which was after the minato fight
I forgot that, it makes sense since when meeting with Itachi he had to be a 100% perfect copy or someone of Itachi's insight would have noticed that he is fake. Of course it couldn't be the real Madara since by that he was dead and his eyes were already on Nagato. So if it was Obito then he fooled Itachi and also he was already plotting against Konoha a few years before the kyuubi attack while impersonating Madara. So did Obito change so much almost immediately after his death? That doesn't make sense.
What makes sense is that he was impersonating Madara, because if the real Madara was behind the akatsuki then both Madara and Tobi had to make sure that Nagato will continue following Madara's orders, so Tobi had to become a fake Madara to continue giving orders. But then there's a problem with the Obito theory: Obtio died after Madara died, so how could he be impersonating Madara before Madara implented his eyes into Nagato. That doesn't make sense either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there's a simple explanation for this although i dont really like it. if tobi can control the mizukage, he can convince kisame that he's madara.
Obito being able to control a perfect host (there were very few of them, like Bee, they can break out of a genjutsu with the tailed beast's help, since they are partners, Bee broke Sasuke's MS genjutsu easily) and a few years later controlling the Kyuubi is not beliveable at all. That level of genjutsu skill is beyond the MS/EMS level, its something that a genjutsu genius like Itachi or the real Madara can do.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 03:18   Link #216
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

We don't know -exactly- when Madara died though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this"
I guess Uchihas are all melodramatic, 2-3 years ain't that long. So I cannot even call it inconsistent.

My bet : there is a Madara tag game and Obito got it.
It makes sense if you view him as pretending to be Madara.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 03:32   Link #217
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Oh man, this makes things a lot confusing now. There's something wrong about Tobi being Obito :P
Old 2012-08-30, 04:17   Link #218
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
Hey, I normally don't post (I just read) but since nobody has pointed this out...:

Did anybody notice that The Third Hokage , Jaraiya, and Minato all fought their pupil right before they died?

I found that to be pretty cool...
Old 2012-08-30, 04:20   Link #219
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I forgot that, it makes sense since when meeting with Itachi he had to be a 100% perfect copy or someone of Itachi's insight would have noticed that he is fake.
this is another reason that i think madara's spirit is in tobi as well. there's just no plausible way itachi could be fooled by obito. he's been shown as the most deductive ninja ever. he should have been able to easily spot a madara impersonator with the exception of izuna. i just cant see obito pulling a fast one on itachi. having long hair isnt enough to cut it when trying to fool the main genius ninja of the series.

Quote:
Obito being able to control a perfect host (there were very few of them, like Bee, they can break out of a genjutsu with the tailed beast's help, since they are partners, Bee broke Sasuke's MS genjutsu easily) and a few years later controlling the Kyuubi is not beliveable at all. That level of genjutsu skill is beyond the MS/EMS level, its something that a genjutsu genius like Itachi or the real Madara can do.
kyuubi control is another reason i think madara is pulling the strings of tobi. but that aside, it's still perfectly plausible that obito could cast a genjutsu on kisame to make him believe whatever he wants. kisame was basically itachi's bitch since he couldn't stand up to the MS. current tobi/obito is a badass uchiha with MS too and should have no problem casting a genjutsu on kisame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyPmc1 View Post
Did anybody notice that The Third Hokage , Jaraiya, and Minato all fought their pupil right before they died?

yea. this was another point in obito theory since it echoes the student teacher relationships we have seen in the past. it is very cool. slight differences are that sarutobi knew it was orochimaru, jiraiya sort of knew what was going on but it wasn't clear and nagato wasnt even present, and minato simply did not know who he was fighting which is a bit weird and makes me think there is more to tobi than obito since obito should have said something at least slightly insinuating. also differences are that sarutobi sacrificed himself, jiraiya was beaten and minato actually won even though the kyuubi forced his sacrifice eventually

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2012-08-30 at 04:30.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 04:25   Link #220
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyPmc1 View Post
Hey, I normally don't post (I just read) but since nobody has pointed this out...:

Hmm... Interesting

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion