AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 07:40   Link #1101
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
New theory about episode 10. We've been assuming that blonde Gamilan holding a gun in the trailer was the captain of the Meltoria traped with the Yamato in the rift. There is a photo of a Zaltzian officer in the episode page. Maybe that guy is the captain and the blonde guy is an officer that disagrees with cohoperating with the Yamato to get out of the rift. That wouldmake more sense as the Zaltzians are an enslaved people, therefore more whiling to collaborate with the Terons. It would also be more probable to have the crew salute him than an actual Gamilan. Just a thought, though.
But do Gamilon ships have mixed crews? That's the question.

Also, it seems the shipboard security team has combat armor/BDU's and laser rifles(a somewhat silly term truth be told) in the event of direct combat.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 09:18   Link #1102
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Maybe he's something like a political officer in the Soviet Union? There to make sure Zaltzians stay in line?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:11   Link #1103
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Maybe he's something like a political officer in the Soviet Union? There to make sure Zaltzians stay in line?
The force that was besieging earth didn't seem to have anything like that. And this gamilon ship seems to be crewed by regular 1st class blue skinned gamilons, if the squadron leader is anything to go by.
Old 2012-10-03, 13:29   Link #1104
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The trouble with episode 10 would seem to be where things happen. You have the lone battlecruiser in the dimentional rift, you have the Gamilas pilot in her red fighter, and you have the Gamilas fleet charging in under Geru. It is entirely possible the pilot was from a different outfit than the battlecruiser. It is possible that the battlecruiser command staff is Zaltzian with a Gamilas political officer (from a tme when that race was not as trusted as with Schulz and company...or Schulz group has proven their loyalty and/or were vouched for by Dommel himself.) It is possible the political officer looking guy was from another episode (as we've only seen him in the trailer.) he could be on Schulz ship, but that would seen odd since we didn't see one earlier...unless he's there to deliver the Dessler's new weapon (because how else would they get it out to the front to use it against Yamato to amuse the Emperor?)
Old 2012-10-04, 05:30   Link #1105
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
As for Yamamoto's crush, we know who Kodai will end up with (or do we?)
Yes we do, because if they change something so big there's going to be massive negative fan backlash. That couple has been paraded and hailed through every Yamato production since the beginning.
Old 2012-10-04, 06:44   Link #1106
macdawson

And that would be the point. It's been seen for years and it would be boring to just get them together from the start. Now, i'm not saying they don't end up together. But it might just take them a bit longer. Besides, in the previous productions Yuki was pretty much the only female around. With more thrown into the mix and the desire already expressed by the production team to take some things in diferent directions, all bets are off. I actually like Yamamoto and the idea of her and Kodai together isn't something i dismiss, even if in the end he does end up with Yuki. Seeing the larger picture of the stories to follow, presumably, following the 2201timeline, Yamamoto would be killed. Can you imagine the drama potencial of Kodai losing his girlfriend, like he does at the end of Saraba? Only here she stays dead. And Yuki, who has been arboring hidden feelings for him, slowly but surely, takes her rightful classic place. But thats just me. :-)
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 07:19   Link #1107
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

But my point is that if anything other than KodaixYuki happens, the fans are going to be up in arms. Trust me, otaku in Japan can get really ugly when it comes to these things; just ask readers/fans of Kannagi.........

Albeit the real fans of KodaixYuki would supposedly be much older (KodaixYuki being a 30-year-old pairing, after all) and assumedly handle something like that with more maturity, but I seriously doubt the people behind Yamato 2199 are going to take that chance.
Old 2012-10-04, 08:58   Link #1108
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But my point is that if anything other than KodaixYuki happens, the fans are going to be up in arms. Trust me, otaku in Japan can get really ugly when it comes to these things; just ask readers/fans of Kannagi.........

Albeit the real fans of KodaixYuki would supposedly be much older (KodaixYuki being a 30-year-old pairing, after all) and assumedly handle something like that with more maturity, but I seriously doubt the people behind Yamato 2199 are going to take that chance.
Like macdawson said, if they took the long way around then you get more drama, Yamamoto (prob a design based on current otaku tastes) gets more screen time and the older fans get Kodai x Yuki at the end.

They could always go the love triangle route. Love triangles are popular in anime.
Old 2012-10-04, 09:05   Link #1109
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Like macdawson said, if they took the long way around then you get more drama, Yamamoto gets more screen time and the older fans get Kodai x Yuki at the end.

They could always go the love triangle route. Love triangles are popular in anime.
Except there's no way the fans could know they're coming back to Yuki. I'm good with the idea, but my point is that many of the long-running fans probably wouldn't be.

Bottom line, I'd bet a good deal of money they wouldn't go for it simply to avoid disappointing fans.
Old 2012-10-04, 09:56   Link #1110
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Except there's no way the fans could know they're coming back to Yuki. I'm good with the idea, but my point is that many of the long-running fans probably wouldn't be.

Bottom line, I'd bet a good deal of money they wouldn't go for it simply to avoid disappointing fans.
I'm an old fan of Yamato (saw the original in 1980) and I wouldn't mind seeing somebody else pursue Kodai.
Especially if Yamamoto (Rei) has a tragic end to save Kodai (if she's in love with him).
A love triangle could make for some excellent story moments outside of th main plot.
As long as Kodai ends up with Yuki, I'm cool with it.
Old 2012-10-04, 11:50   Link #1111
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was wondering if there would end up being a shipping war. It is still early, but now we have hints of one. Though I was thinking it be hung on Shima rather than Yamamato.

It is early yet, and the previews tell us we will have more of Yamamoto in episode 10 dealing with the Gamilon pilot. So things might shift even more.
Old 2012-10-04, 13:09   Link #1112
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm an old fan of Yamato (saw the original in 1980) and I wouldn't mind seeing somebody else pursue Kodai.
Especially if Yamamoto (Rei) has a tragic end to save Kodai (if she's in love with him).
A love triangle could make for some excellent story moments outside of th main plot.
As long as Kodai ends up with Yuki, I'm cool with it.
Well I don't doubt you wouldn't take up arms if KodaixYuki didn't happen, but like you said "as long as Kodai ends up with Yuki," and it's not like the director is going to tell everyone "don't worry, we're going to kill off Yamamoto so that Yuki gets Kodai later on" if they do go for that.

Anyway I don't want to turn this into a debate; we all know there are some whacky anime fans in Japan as shown by other incidents. But whether fans would actually "revolt" or not, I don't see the Yamato 2199 staff straying from KodaixYuki.
Old 2012-10-04, 18:39   Link #1113
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

According to their offical website, Chapter 4 will come out on January 12th. The translators are still working on what the title actually is, but the Japanese is this: 銀河辺境の攻防

Also it seems the Gamilas don't have shields, but instead an armor coating that was enough to stop most of the Earth weapons at Pluto.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-10-05 at 02:23.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 05:43   Link #1114
August138

銀河辺境の攻防 = DEFENSE OF THE GALACTIC MARCH. Entomology: 銀河 (Ginga), Galactic or Galaxy (Milky Way). 辺境 (Henkyo), "Mark" or "Marches" (a medieval border province, In contrast to a buffer zone, a march is typically dominated by a single given country and fortified for defence against the neighbouring country). の (No), a possessive. 攻防 (Koubou), Defense. But, the official English Subtitles for Episode 6, mentions the "Hinterlands"; so, perhaps that's what should be used (since it's canonical, as far as the English Subs go) as DEFENSE OF THE GALACTIC HINTERLANDS? Well, I'm still leaning towards DEFENSE OF THE GALACTIC MARCH...

Last edited by August138; 2012-10-05 at 06:42.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:57   Link #1115
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
According to their offical website, Chapter 4 will come out on January 12th.
So a less-than-two-month wait for volume 4 from volume 3? A welcome change after the four-month wait for volume 3 from volume 2. Let's hope they can keep up that pace. (or even better, increase the pace)
Old 2012-10-05, 09:16   Link #1116
macdawson

Quote:
So a less-than-two-month wait for volume 4 from volume 3? A welcome change after the four-month wait for volume 3 from volume 2. Let's hope they can keep up that pace. (or even better, increase the pace)
Actually it's about 3 months. Chapter 3 comes out October 13th, with Blu-Ray/DVD release in November 22nd. We can estimate the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Chapter 4 will be in late February.
Old 2012-10-05, 11:16   Link #1117
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Actually it's about 3 months. Chapter 3 comes out October 13th, with Blu-Ray/DVD release in November 22nd. We can estimate the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Chapter 4 will be in late February.
Ithekro said chapter 4 will be out on January 12th.

Or was he just talking about the theater release?

And yeah I know about the chapter 3 BD coming out on November 22nd, hence the four-month-wait between BDs 2 and 3.
Old 2012-10-05, 12:04   Link #1118
macdawson

January 12th is the theatrical release. And yes, we can be thankfull its not as long as between 2 and 3. At this speed Yamato 2199 will only end in little over a year.
Old 2012-10-05, 12:36   Link #1119
macdawson

So, as i poped to the yamato2199.net page i was surprised to fing a huge increase in the characters section. Not 1, not 2... but 5 new Gamilas characters. The first two are easily recognizable and correct me if i'm wrong but, did Hizubuchi just found a way to explain why the Talan in season 1 looks so different from the Talan in season 2 and forward. Those who can read the cards, chip in.

Verute (Welte) Talan
http://yamato2199.net/character_welte.html

Gaderu (Ghader) Talan (Faces only)
http://yamato2199.net/character_ghader.html

Garu (Gal) Deitz - from the last name i'm guessing this is Melda's father.
http://yamato2199.net/character_gal.html

Herumu Zeerikku (Helm Zoell
http://yamato2199.net/character_zoellick.html

Haidomu Gimuruu (Gimill)
http://yamato2199.net/character_gimill.html

There's also a PV of the upcoming concert with this nice piece of art next to it.
http://yamato2199.net/img/news/p_fnd20121005a.jpg
As for the video, i am unable to watch it. Anyone that can, please, pitch in.
Old 2012-10-05, 13:31   Link #1120
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Aside from the last one, all those guys have surprisingly awesome facial hair.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato