Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-04, 02:58   Link #1
GoTz
Deleted

In need of suggestions

Well...I've seem to have run out of anime to watch lately, so I'll need some suggestions from everyone =)

Tsubasa Chronicles
Bleach
Naruto
Mai Hime
Mai Otome
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
.hack//sign
Rurouni Kenshin
Hellsing
Elfen Lied
Macross/Robotech
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Gundam Seed Destiny
Tenjo Tenge
Fullmetal Alchemist
Now and There Here and Now (i think)

LoL don't have many dislikes due to not watching anything that I didn't think I'd like to begin with

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
Old 2006-05-04, 03:03   Link #2
jedinat

Juuni Kokuki
Haibane Renmei
Noir

Run out? You haven't even seen any anime yet. Check those out.

Oh... and you've seen Gundam Destiny and not Seed? Why? *shudders* You shouldn't even have watched Destiny... and just stuck with Seed...
Old 2006-05-04, 04:34   Link #3
shiro83

Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:11   Link #4
GoTz
Deleted

haha ya, i'm an anime noobie =) thx for the suggestions ill watch them
oh and i've watched Noir, i liked it a lot

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
Old 2006-05-04, 18:25   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

.hack//roots and Tsubasa season 2 seem obvious choices, but I'll mention them anyway. Since you say you're an anime noobie, there's a slim chance you weren't aware of them.

Other than that, I recommend Higrashi no Naka Koro ni. It's a series about a boy who recently moved to a small town. He discovers a series of strange and brutal murders and dissappearences, which seem related to a failed attempt to build a dam which would have completely flooded the town. Locals blame the killings on the curse of oyashiro-sama, a local god who is said to protect the valley.

I'd also recommend Suzumiya Haruhi. It seems to be the most popular current series, and with good reason. The only thing, while episode one is great, it's a movie the characters made, so the actual story starts in episode 2.

You could also try Utawarerumono, though I'm not sure you'll like it based on the series you listed.

edit: Also, try The Third, Tokko, and Black Lagoon.
Old 2006-05-06, 13:32   Link #6
Soka-chan

You might like Yami no Matsuei.

It's about shinigamis, souls of dead people that feel closely connected to earth still; their mission is to resolve paranormal cases concerning human souls and mysterious too-early murders related to magical powers. The shinigamis have a lot of special abbilities, some shared by all and some only by special people among them. The main chara is Tsuzuki, a 26 year-old, lazy and apparently stupid, with a sweet tooth and a general alttitude of cheerful irresponsibility. He has a screwed past, a new partner(he can't seem to hold them for long)and a mad killer doctor after him.
Drawing's very good, plot fantastic.Music, not spectacular but holds on.
Old 2006-05-07, 15:04   Link #7
GoTz
Deleted

thanks guys =)

Kanon 2006,
Closed Thread