AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-31, 01:21   Link #61
nekokaburi

i knew there's a good reason i'll never get pay tv...

i'd say you're right when it comes to mostly shonen anime getting on tv... DBZ has been on and off tv in australia now for a few years... and most of the stuff shown on SBS has been your typical action shows (eva, akira etc..). so i highly doubt a show like rozen maiden would ever get on tv...

it's too confusing for the 'sheep*' to understand... ("i mean, it's a cartoon, so it must be a show for children, oh look at her, she's so cute... wha...?! why did she just beat the crap out of that other girl... oh my god this show is not good for kids to watch, so i'm going to ring up the tv station and have it banned... and then i'm going to patition the government to have it banned on dvd in this country too... and then i'm gonna start a campaign to ban every other 'anime' show in this country, since they're all works of the devil, and people who watch it will surely go to hell... and we must save people from this horrible fate, by turning them into god fearing bible bashers who protest at soldiers funerals...".... .... .... the sad thing is, this is how some people think... ... )

*sheep:- 1.a wooly thing, with a leg in each corner, that eats grass and sez "baaah" alot 2. the general population of any given country, who are simply content to follow the rest of the 'herd' when it comes to things like driving and watching tv 3. someone who's afraid of not conforming to what society dictates.
Old 2007-02-17, 04:59   Link #62
nekokaburi

geneon are still being tight lipped with their infomation on the release info on rozen maiden.

but i did find this.
http://geneonanimation.com/MainConte...7-f3719fd13683

note the release date; 24th of april 2007...

2 months is going to seem like 50 years...

EDIT: that generic synopsis still sucks so much arse... i hope they fix that before april...
Old 2007-02-17, 07:06   Link #63
Lost

We could offer to rewrite it for them. Please, someone from Geneon read this thread.
Old 2007-02-17, 07:35   Link #64
nekokaburi

it is still early days yet. the synopsis will most probably change by the time the dvd comes out. geneon are usually pretty good, and the 13+ rating it's already got gives me faith that they didn't change anything.

still, how would you describe rozen maiden in a way that it sounds interesting to the average layman. i've tried convincing people that it's actually a good show, like a cute and funny version of highlander. but the general response i get is "i dunno dude, a story about dolls who fight each other sounds pretty gay". some people are just philistines, i usually tell em to go back to naruto .
Old 2007-02-17, 07:48   Link #65
Lost

Give me a few days to think of something. XD
Old 2007-02-24, 05:11   Link #66
nekokaburi

heads up people, vol 1 is available for preorder on amazon, and dvd pacific...

got mine!
Old 2007-02-24, 18:38   Link #67
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko View Post
There's a thread on it at the ANN forums. Here are some quotes from that thread.

Popularity doesn't determine the value of a show (especially that in another country). The show's storyline is terrible, the characters especially that of your typical dorky male protagonist are stupid and it's just not going to work in america. It's a niche show, and that niche isn't big. Traumend aint happening unless they picked it up already.

...ok...so it's popular, but niche is so small, so it isn't popular?

Anything else that was rumored (like Nana) would have definitely been better, and I wasn't specifically talking about Disgaea, although it's better then this dump .

I'll "fourth" that. I don't really like Rozen Maiden that much either. I thought it was rather boring after a few episodes, so I stopped watching. It's funny that you mentioned Disgaea because I love Disgaea! It's way better than RM in my opinion. Oh, and I was hoping for Nana (and possibly Ouran) to too. Seems that we agree on a few things.

HAHA OH WOW. Go get 'em, guys.
What an idiot. I bet he's(yes I know there are several comments, but let's face it, they're probably pretty much the same people personality wise) a "typical dorky" 14 year old male who thinks he knows everything, but his immaturity shows in comments like "Disgaea is better than RM?"

WTF?

Hey, guys, I'm not enjoying this Spider-man comic, so I think I'll go fishing instead. Fishing is much better than Spider-man comics; as they are both obviously comparable activities. This "Fishing, comics and Worldly Records" site's review says so.

RM is one of the best anime I've ever seen. The characters are the best thing, they're all so unique and so much more interesting, visually and personality wise, than "real" people. I wouldn't entirely call "Jun" normal, but you have to remember that most people in this day and age are pretty boring anyway. The dolls have no reason for this kind of conformity so I think it's interesting social commentary too.
The fact is most people don't really appreciate "depth" unless it's flung in their faces, then they'll praise it as their new allmighty(see; Neon Genesis Evangelion) meaning they don't appreciate it at all, just react as expected of them. As a "cute" anime, most people won't look past it having the most simple and childish of morals made look deeper than they actually are.

I wonder if this guy has seen Episode 6 of Traumend. That was a beautiful episode.
Old 2007-02-24, 20:22   Link #68
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Com'on guy... don't be a such agressive fanboy. Calling X an idiot because he criticizes your favourite anime won't make you better than he is.
You like RM, that's good for you and that's what's more important, insn't it
Old 2007-02-24, 21:00   Link #69
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
Com'on guy... don't be a such agressive fanboy. Calling X an idiot because he criticizes your favourite anime won't make you better than he is.
You like RM, that's good for you and that's what's more important, insn't it
I'm not calling them an idiot because they dislike it, I'm calling them an idiot for acting like there's a good reason to dislike it and providing very poor reasoning. IRC, the comments were advising others not to watch it, not just their own personal opinion.
Old 2007-02-25, 07:08   Link #70
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
I'm not calling them an idiot because they dislike it, I'm calling them an idiot for acting like there's a good reason to dislike it and providing very poor reasoning. IRC, the comments were advising others not to watch it, not just their own personal opinion.
Be as it may, it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, which is the licensing of Rozen Maiden. Please try and keep on-topic.
Old 2007-03-15, 04:25   Link #71
nekokaburi

bumpage

i thought this might be interesting to know...

upon parusal of ANN, i discovered 2 things...

1. suiseiseki's english voice actor is Julie Ann Taylor... what's that mean to me? no a lot... since i've never heard her do any character like suiseiseki before... so it's a mystery to me...

and

2. the release date has been pushed back to the 29th of may.... .... .... a whole month and 5 days later than we were first told...

so, some good news and some bad news...

source: anime news network : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4463
Old 2007-03-15, 04:45   Link #72
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokaburi View Post
2. the release date has been pushed back to the 29th of may...
That same day the first volumes of Karin and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are released. My poor wallet...
Old 2007-03-15, 05:41   Link #73
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
the release date has been pushed back to the 29th of may.... .... .... a whole month and 5 days later than we were first told...
Apparently, Geneon are having some problems at the moment since they moved to a new warehouse and have also changed replicators.
Old 2007-03-15, 10:10   Link #74
Asrialys

Aw, but I want it now! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Apparently, Geneon are having some problems at the moment since they moved to a new warehouse and have also changed replicators.
Wow, the first thing that came to mind was some scary space machines in the form of spiders...

EDIT: RightStuf has the Volume 1 w/ box for pre-order on their site. I was wondering when this was going to come up. When the first volume was out for pre-order, I was thinking that Geneon would save the box for the last volume. Argh, gotta cancel my pre-order for volume 1 now. Oh, and RightStuf's having a new Geneon sale: 35% Geneon DVDs including pre-orders.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-03-15 at 13:52.
Old 2007-03-15, 13:50   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/6-oJrBU60HoVM74f31/browse/item/73995/4/0/0

I was browsing over at Rightstuf and I notice the LE vol1 has a velveteen artbox. What is a Velveteen artbox? and anyone has any pitcure of what it looks like?
Old 2007-03-15, 14:26   Link #76
Asrialys

Erm...silk-like texture? Guess they're going gothic on the box?
Old 2007-03-18, 03:11   Link #77
nekokaburi

>in best kun kun voice< the mystery of the english cast thickens...

ANN doesn't list anyone for the main cast of series 1 any more, but still lists julie ann taylor as suiseiseki in series 2... (go figure)

but...

wikipedia says, that julie ann taylor is playing souseiseki... which makes way more sense than her playing desu... since her voice is more reserved, and more adult it's a pretty good match...

all is not lost for suiseiseki either, since wiki' says, that reba west is doing her voice... again, that makes way more sense... since she's played that many whacked out 'on drugs' characters in the past, she'll be perfect for 'desu'...
Old 2007-03-18, 14:41   Link #78
EmperorBrandon

Quote:
>in best kun kun voice< the mystery of the english cast thickens...

ANN doesn't list anyone for the main cast of series 1 any more, but still lists julie ann taylor as suiseiseki in series 2... (go figure)

but...

wikipedia says, that julie ann taylor is playing souseiseki... which makes way more sense than her playing desu... since her voice is more reserved, and more adult it's a pretty good match...

all is not lost for suiseiseki either, since wiki' says, that reba west is doing her voice... again, that makes way more sense... since she's played that many whacked out 'on drugs' characters in the past, she'll be perfect for 'desu'...
Just to note, I am the one who has been entering some of the information in on Wikipedia and ANN. I found a bit on Julie Ann Taylor voicing Suiseiseki listed on her website under "Current Projects". However, I had a Geneon rep reply on AoD saying that she was probably confused and her character didn't appear until Vol. 2 (Suiseiseki should be in Vol. 1 with Geneon's release).

Later on, I was listening to the Space Station Liberty podcast interview with Rebecca Forstadt, and at the beginning of the second part of that she mentioned that she had been voicing Suiseiseki in Rozen Maiden. Taken what I got above (given that Souseiseki is the only major character introduced in Vol. 2, I think, and the only one that could get confused anyway, due to their similar names), I think that means Julie Ann Taylor is voicing Souseiseki. At least, I don't think Forstadt would be voicing Souseiseki. :P

Kind of crazy, but it's neat finding out some of that stuff since I'm really looking forward to owning the R1 release and trying out the dub. I'm VERY happy that Geneon has licensed it, and I hope that they and Bang Zoom! treat the series well. As far as the twins are concerned (if my deduction above are correct on their VA's), I think the casting is pretty good. I'm a big fan of Reba West's work (particularly Rena in Hand Maid May and Tima in Metropolis) and haven't gotten to hear her much lately, so I thought that was pretty cool. I haven't heard much of Julie Ann Taylor at this point, but I have pretty good vibes from her previous work (and she's had an experience voicing young male roles before - which I think it is good since Souseiseki has a pretty boyish demeanor)
Old 2007-03-18, 16:37   Link #79
nekokaburi

ah, well that kinda does make sense. i prolly would have deduced that as well... maybe...

hmmm.... this'd be so much easier if geneon would just be open and tell us. to think, bandai couldn't wait to tell everyone the cast for haruhi, yet, geneon are being so 'secret squirrel' about rozen maiden.
Old 2007-03-18, 17:31   Link #80
EmperorBrandon

Quote:

hmmm.... this'd be so much easier if geneon would just be open and tell us. to think, bandai couldn't wait to tell everyone the cast for haruhi, yet, geneon are being so 'secret squirrel' about rozen maiden.
I think that's usually the case with Geneon titles. They usually don't announce cast lists in advance, and we never tend to find out any meaningful amount of dub cast information until they send out screener copies to reviewers.
Closed Thread