AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-23, 22:00   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Upcoming Final Fantasy remakes.

SE has done it again and is milking that damn cow for all it's worth. But I am not one to complain since I will be buying these products most likely.

First up we have yet another remake of FF1 and FF2 for PSP. Most may say why should I even bother with these two games seeing as they have been re-released on the PS1 and gameboy advance already. Which is fair as seeing the only thing your getting from these new versions are upgraded graphics and one new dungeon. Since I'm a graphics snob though I will be picking these bad boys up. Hell I remember when I was really impressed when FF Origins came out with the updated graphics and I am equally stunned with the upgrade from Origins to this.

FF 1 was also the first RPG I ever played back in the day when I was like 6 or 7 and it is very nostalgic to pick it up every now and then to remember the good times.

Some images.

FF1 Original

FF1 Origins

Quite an upgrade if I do say so myself.

FF1 PSP

Now this looks beautiful! worth my 30 bucks anyways.

FF2 follows pretty much the same pattern as 1 did graphics wise. I have to admit I tried playing two on Origins and gave up pretty fast but this time hopefully I'll make it through.

Here's a pic from FF2 PSP

Now the best for last. One of the greatest FF's if not the greatest is getting a remake! My personal favorite FFIV!

It's planned for a 3d remake on DS like FFIII got, But it's a ways off and no pics yet for it. Here is an article about it though on IGN.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/789/789326p1.html

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-05-26 at 14:35.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 22:15   Link #2
Jubei_Asaemon

While I like the sharp colors of the PSP version, and I am usually a sucker for eye candy, I can't see myself buying these games again. I own every FF except III (don't have DS) and XI for PS and PS2 and wont be shelling out cash again for essentially the same games. I doubt the actual game play will have changed much, and if it has changed it isn't a remake. Rather than a remade versions of their oldest games, I think they should port the playstation generations of the final fantasy games to the PSP, FFVII is out of print and i'm sure many people would shell out the cash for a PSP version. I guess ill be sticking to playing the old school final fantasy games emulated on my computer, I own a PS3 but it makes PS1 games look much worse than they actually are, not to mention my PSP stopped working a few months after I bought it.
Jubei_Asaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 22:55   Link #3
Lordshin
(´・ω・`)/ 

Wow...
i dont own any Final Fantasy under 6... so im liking these remakes :P
Already saving up for a DS and FFIII... i just hope they do make some of these for the DS >< althought im tempted to buy a PSP for Crisis Core and Dissidia :P
but... i hope they modify the storylibe of ff1 lol i didnt like it much :P
Lordshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 23:19   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordshin View Post
Wow...
i dont own any Final Fantasy under 6... so im liking these remakes :P
Already saving up for a DS and FFIII... i just hope they do make some of these for the DS >< althought im tempted to buy a PSP for Crisis Core and Dissidia :P
but... i hope they modify the storylibe of ff1 lol i didnt like it much :P
Ha i bought a PSP because I read that Crisis Core was turning out very nicely. Initialy when it was annoucned I just wrote it off as another gay spinoff, lets hope it turns out great.

FF4 is easily one of my favorites, I suggest picking it up for GBA when you get a DS and keep your eyes open for the 3D remake of it for DS. FF1 and storyline? lol.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 10:20   Link #5
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Those 'remakes' look like RPG Maker games.
Old 2015-12-31, 14:42   Link #6
monster

It's not exactly a remake, but still.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 15:10   Link #7
Sacredus

From: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164333
Images
PSX vs PC/Android
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
More screens: http://app.famitsu.com/20160101_627529/

This is my second favorite FF game (FF6 still is the best), so I hope this port will be good...
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-31, 15:47   Link #8
monster

Wow, the clothing was really eccentric.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote