AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 07:30   Link #521
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I have this thought that most of those who watch this series have already watched Honey and Clover. Anjou and Yamada really seem to be similar people: they haven't given up on someone they've liked for years, and despite their shortcomings are the one who try to be upbeat on things. That's probably also the reason why I like her a lot as well.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 07:36   Link #522
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I've updated some of the semi-animated signatures, alleging a much better image stock (lacking previously). I've only updated Tsuruko, Yukiatsu and Poppo since Jintan, Menma and Anaru were already claimed and taken (and the images were good enough there I would add).

. .

Also adding 2 more "basic" signatures:

All freebies. If you want your name in one of the last two signs, feel free to ask.
Old 2011-04-29, 07:53   Link #523
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Yukiatsu does has Menma(?)'s dress, while Tsuruko hasn't been shown to have a set of Menma Apparel. So can't rule out the idea he is cross-dressing.

Also...

Yukiatsu: (To Jintan, final scene) "Hahaha, I'm just as mentally ill as you are!"

is what I got from that scene. The death of a loved one really screws people up.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 08:04   Link #524
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Toradora team animating this was the best idea I can ever imagine. 3rd episode again delivers correctly developed emotions of characters and the best dialogs that fits in the plot. But most of all, powerful direction supporting is, such as Yukiatsu's appearance, Jintan's attempt of going to school, and most of all, Poppo's interactions that brings tons of freshness to the atmosphere.

and, I never thought all 5 friends will meet this early in the series. It was really interesting development.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:24   Link #525
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think they had to meet up early, especially because there's only 11 episodes, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:05   Link #526
Mr.Garfield

Can you give me the source saying this was only 11 episodes please?
Personally I want a 24-26 episodes series, just for the sake of watching it. But with the main reason for this whole thing is "Menma's wish" and how far they've gone from the first 3 eps, i think 11-12 is an suitable number.

Last edited by Mr.Garfield; 2011-04-29 at 09:18.
Mr.Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:00   Link #527
Westlo
Lets be reality

Anaru with dat hair down and in dat dress.... Damn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garfield View Post
Can you give me the source saying this was only 11 episodes please?
It's Noitamina and No.6 and Usagi Drops are already locked in for the summer season.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:06   Link #528
PzIVf3

Its impossible to wear a old kids size Emma clothes to wear a adult version of Yukiatsu.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:08   Link #529
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Its impossible to wear a old kids size Emma clothes to wear a adult version of Yukiatsu.
Whoever the fake is could've got a dress made up or bought a similar enough looking one in that size.

Still I did get a laugh @ whoever implied that Yukiatsu was not only sniffing the dead Menma's dress but also wearing that same exact dress... lol
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:19   Link #530
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Whoever the fake is could've got a dress made up or bought a similar enough looking one in that size.
Watch the conversation between Tsuruko and Anaru again, the one where they talk about the white dress that Anaru is wearing. The design doesn't actually matter that much - it's that Menma apparently wore a white dress most if not all of the time.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:23   Link #531
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Wonderful... simply wonderful.

Yukiatsu... he is going to stir things up quite a bit. The store scene was funny. That employee knew when to run, haha.

Anaru... so is really trying. I hope she gets through to Jinta at some point.

I really want to know how Menma died and all.
Old 2011-04-29, 10:30   Link #532
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I really want to know how Menma died and all.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were never mentioned. The story is about moving on, after all.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:38   Link #533
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't think the specifics are going to stay a secret for very long, actually. But we'll see.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:02   Link #534
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I really hate people who are boastful and liar. And Yukiatsu got both. I really want to punch him at the end.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:10   Link #535
ipodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It goes with libertarianism: I'm an advocate of the principle that people should be allowed and encouraged to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't bother anyone else, even if I personally disagree with whatever they are doing I have no place criticizing other people or imposing my morals. On that light, Jinta's or Yukiatsu's actions are no better or worse when compared with each other.
Honestly, there is no point in bringing politics into this. What's the point of watching a show if you can't empathize with or be critical of the characters? When that happens, the show would be a complete and total failure. Withholding your judgments on real people, but not on fictional characters.

Quote:
I'm quoting you since you put in what many people in this thread think so concisely, but this is a general question. May I ask you who decided that? Yes, it's rhetorical.
I'll answer it anyway. The answer is evolution. Body odor emits chemicals and humans have evolved such that we can detect when females are ovulating by smelling them. This allows human to connect the body odor to the beginning of sexual courtships. Therefore, we naturally feel disgust when the target of this subtle sexual signal is one of a deceased young girl.

If you see or hear about someone who has stolen his sibling's shirt so that he could sniff it from time to time, what does this tell you about the person? Wouldn't this remind you an extremely disturbing sexual relationship in one of incest? Yes, it would. And we have evolved to avoid this through the emotion of disgust.

Let me add that I am not making a moral judgment. It's not morally wrong to sniff other people's garments. It is, however, disgusting nevertheless because of the sexual connotations such an action carries.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:19   Link #536
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Not to disturb the discussion on disgust towards Yukiatsu, but does anyone else feel that there's little to discuss in the show? I don't think it says little, mind you: I think the show's great. I just feel that there's little to talk about, as it's a series of feelings (empathy) and moving on as compared to something cerebral.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:25   Link #537
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Honestly, there is no point in bringing politics into this. What's the point of watching a show if you can't empathize with or be critical of the characters? When that happens, the show would be a complete and total failure. Withholding your judgments on real people, but not on fictional characters.
More than a matter of advocating 'be and let be', I guess what I was mainly trying to say is that people should be consistent in their judgments. *My* personal views are that of libertarianism and as such I am equally indifferent to both of them, however if people are being judgmental of one or the other I can't help but think that they are using double standards.

Quote:
Therefore, we naturally feel disgust when the target of this subtle sexual signal is one of a deceased young girl.
I (totally) agreed with you up to this point. Some things I would like to point out here
- We don't have any definite dates here so I may be mistaken here, but I don't think Menma was old enough to have started her menstruation cycle.
- (even if this was the case)This gut factor caused reaction (showing disgust towards Yukiatsu) is something present in every reasonably intelligent species in our planet, and it's a perfectly reasonable explanation for a great number of our acts in general. However, it should not be justification for our acts but, imho, something one should strive to overcome through rationality. Hence I believe it is something that is worth pointing out for people to think of.

Last edited by Proto; 2011-04-29 at 11:40.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 11:48   Link #538
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Somehow missed this series in my lineup... adding it.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:58   Link #539
brocko

You guys can't hate on Yukiatsu, he brought all the meat and jazz to the party

Jokes aside, if it turns out that he's really cross-dressing, possibly as Menma then i expect some serious drama bombs down the road.
Damn you guys are observant/creative, the idea would've never occured to me at all if it wasn't for this thread and there actually is some weight to this crackpot theory since he's been buying women's accessories with the help of Tsuruko for what I'd imagine to be quite some time now (and even she doesn't where the hell they all end up going to lol). On the other side of the spectrum though, I'd laugh if it were a red herring and/or we're just looking for things that are simply not there.

Ano Hana best show this season, I'm calling it now. First episode had me thinking what a sleeper this show was. Only reason i even checked it out was because it was Noitamina. So glad i did.

That ED song is so damn perfect for this show too.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 12:07   Link #540
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Not to disturb the discussion on disgust towards Yukiatsu, but does anyone else feel that there's little to discuss in the show? I don't think it says little, mind you: I think the show's great. I just feel that there's little to talk about, as it's a series of feelings (empathy) and moving on as compared to something cerebral.
Honestly, I don't - and it seems like 28 pages of posts on 3 episodes agrees with the idea that there's plenty to discuss. For me, there's not much that's more interesting to discuss in the context of anime that emotion. Let's put it this way - this series has more posts and pageviews than C, and in my view, these two series make a pretty good model for the cerebral (C) vs. the heartfelt (AnoHana).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy