AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 21:14   Link #1
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Okay folks. Let's follow the development of this "everybody love to hate" movie. So, shall we start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingsoon.net
Following his post yesterday suggesting that Mark Wahlberg could wind up with a role in the upcoming Transformers 4, Michael Bay has made if official: Wahlberg has joined the cast of the June 27, 2014 release. What's more, Bay has also revealed the logo for the sci-fi adventure sequel along with a new logo for his upcoming Pain & Gain.

“Mark is awesome," Bay says in an official statement. "We had a blast working on 'Pain and Gain' and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy.”

Transformers 4 will shoot begin production in spring of 2013. The film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.
So, it seems that Mark Wahlberg has replaced Shia as a main human character. Good news, I guess.

Logo Pic:

Source

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-11-08 at 21:25.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:32   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

Heaven, why have you forsaken us!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:57   Link #3
kyp275
Meh

Predicting that there will be a lot of pointless explosions in this movie.

and not much else
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 21:57   Link #4
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Okay folks. Let's follow the development of this "everybody love to hate" movie. So, shall we start?
why hate ?, i thought it was a great series, and i'd love to see another movie of it
Old 2012-11-08, 22:01   Link #5
Lost Cause

Rumors state Unicron might make an appearance, as well as Galvatron!
As for hating it...yeah right!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 22:31   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh, when will I get my Bad Boys 3...? =_=
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 22:46   Link #7
Dragonkid11
A random-man

I don't care about the plot since the second sequel

I just want to see robots and explosions
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 22:49   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
why hate ?, i thought it was a great series, and i'd love to see another movie of it
Frankly, that’s how I define Transformers series (especially the sequels) that receive negative response from an overwhelming lot of people. The critics hate them, hardcore Transformers fans hate them, casual Transformers fans hate them, my family hate them, my friends hate them, my coworkers hate them, my boss hates them, haters hate them, even my cat hates them (That one was my fault, I guess. She just doesn’t like it when I play loud movies ), and so on.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:02   Link #9
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Well, I had my share of fun with this franchise although I agree the sequels had a hard time finding a way to continue upon what the first movie started. Anyway, I can't wait to see Mark Wahlberg at work in this and I expect a more serious tone this time.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 02:09   Link #10
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
They killed off so many decepticons and their leaders...I mean what's left at the end of the day?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 02:23   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
They killed off so many decepticons and their leaders...I mean what's left at the end of the day?
They can go with Unicron & Galvatron (being made with the remains of Megatron) like in the cartoon (more or less). Heck, Unicron can resurrect Starscream and the other deceased Decepticons too for all I care.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-11-09 at 03:21. Reason: grammar check
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 02:33   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Bring them back to life and kill them again!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 02:42   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
They can go with Unicron & Galvatron (being made by the remains of Megatron) like in the cartoon (more or less). Heck, Unicron can resurrect Starscream and the other deceased Decepticons too for all I care.
No no no...

Starscream needs to stay dead as a Spark. The ghost plotline was my favourite TF story arc.

Still, it is a pity. Bay should be making G.I. Joe movies instead.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:28   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
No no no...

Starscream needs to stay dead as a Spark. The ghost plotline was my favourite TF story arc.
The problem is, no matter how good the arc in the other media is, once M. Bay adapts it, it'll be screwed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Still, it is a pity. Bay should be making G.I. Joe movies instead.
Agreed. He just loves involving humans (soldiers) & the military. Thus, G.I. Joe would be a perfect playground for him.
Old 2012-11-09, 09:45   Link #15
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Frankly, that’s how I define Transformers series (especially the sequels) that receive negative response from an overwhelming lot of people. The critics hate them, hardcore Transformers fans hate them, casual Transformers fans hate them, my family hate them, my friends hate them, my coworkers hate them, my boss hates them, haters hate them, even my cat hates them (That one was my fault, I guess. She just doesn’t like it when I play loud movies ), and so on.
uh.......but why???, i din't knew the transformer movies were hated so much
Old 2012-11-09, 09:46   Link #16
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
uh.......but why???, i din't knew the transformer movies were hated so much
Well, the first movie was really good .. the second was like..

I, and a lot of people I know, didn't even bother seeing the third one..

Outlook not so good
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 10:15   Link #17
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Well, the first movie was really good .. the second was like..

I, and a lot of people I know, didn't even bother seeing the third one..

Outlook not so good
if all this hate for these movies is from some little plot holes that i know there are, but i think the movie makes it up for it by real style animation of a vehicle transforming into a robot by animating every single part of the vehicle by disassembling and then joining again for the transformation, and also the action is very nice,
Old 2012-11-09, 10:21   Link #18
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ It's not just because of plot holes, and more because the movie felt unhinged.. It's like watching an anime where the fanservice is too obvious and utterly pointless. Like they literally have all the cameras from the ground up staring at the girl's butts. My feelings fluctuated between:

1) Explosions, yippy!
2) Hot women, yay!
3) Okay.. that's kind of awkward
4) Huh? Wha?
5) Feeling dumber by the second..
6) Michael Bay thinks I'm an idiot doesn't he?
7) Michael Bay: "Dance my puppets, dance! Mwahahaha!"

Concentrate and ask again
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 10:27   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
if all this hate for these movies is from some little plot holes that i know there are, but i think the movie makes it up for it by real style animation of a vehicle transforming into a robot by animating every single part of the vehicle by disassembling and then joining again for the transformation, and also the action is very nice,
Mystogan, a lot of Transformers fans hate the sequels (they kinda acknowledge the first movie despite some screw-ups too) because they’re not focusing enough on the Robots. Even that is putting it lightly. The reality is, Bay only use the Transformers as a background for the humans to bitch around and things to blow up (and some random hot chics, don't forget that). Some Decepticons don’t even have names in the movie. They just there being drones to be battled and destroyed, no character whatsoever. Also, don’t even get me started on the military stuff (Bay just love them too much). That plot-holes that you just mentioned is also a big problem in the series. I can go on and on but you can read some critics' reviews for that.

The action and transformation are cool, yes. But many of them are indescribable mess + shaky cam that only makes people dizzy (especially in the 2nd movie). They kinda toned it down in the 3rd movie coz it was for IMAX 3D.
Old 2012-11-09, 10:38   Link #20
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^so you say that the movies have most focus on explosions and hot women and not on the story itself
and even if the story is okay, it can't be enjoyed because of these factors
is it like that??

but i think that in movies some things should be slided, it's just a 2 hour show, it's not an episodic anime where everything will be explained, and the transformers is about the battle between autobots and decepticons, where some heavy action is required or else it won't feel like transformers at all, and about hot chicks i guess there's no harm with some fanservice

but still if most of the people hate it, then what can i say