Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-05, 12:20   Link #761
umeboshi_onigiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
And you know that because.... ?
I know that because I e-mailed Geneon and asked them.
umeboshi_onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:58   Link #762
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I see. Well, whatever suits them. Second Barrage is still produced by "Geneon Entertainment USA", so we'll see it anyhow.

I just hope they won't try to pull some dirty trick like releasing each season on 4 DVDs. 8 discs for 24 episodes is atrocious, while 4+4 is somewhat "hiding" it. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 18:04   Link #763
kari-no-sugata

Probably have to wait for the manga to get a bit ahead before they can animate some more...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 00:28   Link #764
ReaderT

Megumi Toyoguchi (the voice actor of Revy) Interview (Japanese)
http://hobby-channel.net/content/view/2132/104/

Please don't ask me to translate it...
ReaderT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 09:51   Link #765
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I do hope they continue to animate the rest of the series as it is released. This is among one of the best series i seen so far.

Unlike the typical animes, this one is down right dirty with very little sense of typical morality.

The cast are pretty memorable as well, while each of em have their own sob stories behind it, they didnt make a drama out of it, just give us a little history on them and help suplement the story.

Hopefully if there's a 3rd season, they would give us a little info on Dutch and Benny's background. Revy herself is also a big question mark. I think she's connected to the FBI as hinted in episode 12.

Also more screen time for Shenhua! She's one funny taiwanese and between her and Sawyer i think that duo makes a great team as shown on episode 18. Of course, Roberta is another star in the show. Nothing as funny as a maid parody of Terminator. Even Eda is hell funny in Greenback Jane story arc with her tricks and manipulations.

Chicks with guns have been done before by other series but i can honestly say, none of them have as much character as the ladies in BL ^^
Old 2007-01-06, 10:55   Link #766
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Hopefully if there's a 3rd season, they would give us a little info on Dutch and Benny's background.
yeah this is what annoyed me most about the 2nd season actually. I know that Dutch and Benny have never exactly been the main characters, even in the first season, but in the second season they hardly got any screentime at all! Nidas demands more Dutch!
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 11:22   Link #767
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
So far the manga material is not enough for Season 3. Though, we get to see the return of Roberta the Maid and another new combat maid.

Unless the anime people creating new story that is different from manga, it will be difficult to see Season 3 to grace our lives anytime soon.
Old 2007-01-06, 17:27   Link #768
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God what fucking great ending i love this series and with this BL has made my top 10 list. The fight between Revy and Gin was excellent i convienced that he hesitated with that finally strike and thats why he lost. Watching Yukio stab her self in the neck was horrible but an appropriate ending there was no other way. Did anyone catch what Revy said when Yukio was going to stab her self?

"Rock dont look youll be damaged"

IMO Rock needed to see that he needed to see with his own eyes that you cant save everyone and everyone has to make a choice granted im sure it will haunt him for a very long time but i think Rock is prepared for anything now. I think that Bala sent him the picture not to be cruel but as a lesson. I still want to know if Bala kissed Rock anyone have a clue?

I think one of my favorite lines in the ending had to be Revy and the crazy nun sitting in the church.

"You too were away together for so long.
"You did do it this time right?"
"I dont want to tell"

I did not expect that answer from Revy on top of that she turned her head like she was blushing. Which makes me think that something might have happened between them before they got back Ranapour.

There is room for a third season not sure if id want it or not maybe a couple of OVAs instead or a full length movie.
Old 2007-01-06, 21:10   Link #769
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Some nice moments in the last episode, most of which have probably been mentioned already. My favorite though is when Rock asked Balalaika to completely annihilate the Washimine group. The look on her face, priceless! And her response after that was quite interesting aswell.

Spoiler:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 21:46   Link #770
Arcj
Materialise!

Send a message via MSN to Arcj
How can you say "Watching Yukio stab her self in the neck was horrible" ???
Man! I loved that, I'm looking on it over, over and over again. The sound is just so good!
Arcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 02:15   Link #771
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
So far the manga material is not enough for Season 3. Though, we get to see the return of Roberta the Maid and another new combat maid.

Unless the anime people creating new story that is different from manga, it will be difficult to see Season 3 to grace our lives anytime soon.
Sounds a bit silly - like coyote ragtime silly.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 03:01   Link #772
kauldron26
Med Student

All in all this anime was simply magnificent, and im glad to see that i am not the only one that thinks so. With over 700 votes black lagoon has been holding strong in anidb.net, and that is just satisfying to know that folks appreciate the greatness of this politically driven existential action drama.

Dont u just love it when an anime breaks into ur top 10 list?? reminds me why i love this medium in the first place. The best thing about the show are the monologues and dialogues the different characters have regarding their actions and convictions.

I swear, this anime is more poetic that it is action... So many great moments of social commentary, as a black man i love seeing social commentary in anime... its always interesting to see how the japanese view other folk. The conversation between the Nazi and Dutch over the phone in episode 6 is just phenomenal. and how the nazi when given a gun still choses to shot Dutch because he's black is just priceless. I also love how Hiroe Rei interweves other issues such as racism, revolution in Cuba, the fall of the soviet union, the war remnants of the middle east, and the tragedy of romanian orphans in the 80's. Simply magnificent.

The sad thing is that some ignorant folk will dismiss this anime as just being action, or no story, or all style without substance... meanwhile the mangaka is not trying to tell a whole story, he is simply using pirates' experiences to give insight on contemporary issues that plage developed countries and 3rd world countries alike and how these issues can break people mentally and emotionally.

Revy a chinese girl from the U.S. who was definitely a gangbanger at too young an age, Dutch a Vietnam vet who can never be the same after seeing such horrors in that jungle. Benny a kid who grew up in the suburbs and fucked up with the wrong kind of folk. Balalaika a war heroine who has given up her humanity for power, and Rock a regular guy lost to the world and himself.

The residents of Roanapur are an embodiment of what happens in a society were all our fears and inhibitions counteract. And Rock the hero of our story is the one man in the twilight that can testify on the evil and good of man in a fucked up world.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 04:55   Link #773
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Also more screen time for Shenhua! She's one funny taiwanese...
Okay, it's not exactly what you're asking for, but I figured sharing this would be a good thing.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:19   Link #774
gargleblaster
spluh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I figured sharing this would be a good thing.
Without a couple of bigass knives, there's still work to be done...!
gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 17:19   Link #775
ReaderT

The BL book which was made by Rei Hiroe himself in commemoration of the end of BL anime. The link is temporary, so the file may be going to be deleted soon. Please don't ask me to re-upload this.

And, the comment Hiroe wrote on the Fabiola's page is... "I wanna see her (Fabiola) in animation. So, please buy DVDs. The third season depends on your money." (Fabiola is a loli-combat maid who appeared from "El Baile de la muerte" arc in the manga) No, no, I am not a salesperson from Geneon. Hiroe actually wrote the comment.

Last edited by ReaderT; 2007-01-07 at 19:06.
Old 2007-01-07, 21:58   Link #776
kauldron26
Med Student

thanks so much for the scans man... u have no idea how much i appreciate it.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 23:29   Link #777
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
That's... a lot of fanservice for a short artbook. 8))
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 23:41   Link #778
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I m sure Rei Hiroe wanna make up to the fans for the lack of fanservice in the anime ^.^
Old 2007-01-08, 03:35   Link #779
allenlcy
pimp,retired

Send a message via MSN to allenlcy
i heard the 3rd season will be aired in april is it true??or prolly longer than i bargain for??? gosh i so can't can't wait
allenlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 04:26   Link #780
ReaderT

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenlcy View Post
i heard the 3rd season will be aired in april is it true??or prolly longer than i bargain for??? gosh i so can't can't wait
No, it is false. There is no such information, at least in Japan. You may have it confused with the DVD release or something.

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen