AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-24, 23:01   Link #7141
Miraluka
Banned

Nah, Itsuwa is just a puppy, ok, ok she is a girl in love who is pissed off for messing with the guy she likes.
Mugino is the yandere a very scary one .
Old 2010-12-24, 23:24   Link #7142
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

mmm i think mugino is more of a tsundere, like a couple of other lvl 5, its just that she got stabed in the eye by the guy she like(well i quess she had some feelings for him b4 declaring the castration punishment), and i think anyone would try to kill whoever did that to them.
Old 2010-12-24, 23:49   Link #7143
Miraluka
Banned

She never had a thing for him before. It wasn't until he got pwned she become more of a yangire to a yandere.
Old 2010-12-25, 03:17   Link #7144
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

this question seemed too late but who's the guy that appeared in 1:25 of season 2 preview just before Terra?
Old 2010-12-25, 03:27   Link #7145
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

He's (this link)Superman... Wait that was after.

The one before is probably Volume 11 antagonist or something, someone check it out, will ya?
Old 2010-12-25, 03:49   Link #7146
reaper with no name

Something just occurred to me.

An esper's AIM is essentially a localized plane. This plane changes the normal cosmology of the planes. Magic depends on this cosmology, so an esper who attempts to use magic will injure themselves, just as a guy who tries to make a bomb might blow himself up if he doesn't know what he's doing. The Misaka Network has the potential to cover the whole world with this effect. Theoretically, a perfected Imaginary Number District might even make magic as we know it impossible (instead of just dangerous).

We all know this already. Aleister is taking the machine that is the world, and covering it with man-made gears.

But here's the thing: as a magician, wouldn't Aleister be subject to the same problems as any other once the world is covered in AIM?

This got me thinking. And then it hit me. If magic relies upon the cosmology of the planes, then changing that setup would make all current magic useless. But that would not necessarily mean that magic itself would cease to exist. Rather, since there would be a new cosmology, it would suggest that the rules of magic would change, allowing new and different forms of magic than those which currently exist. If one knew how different new planes would change the laws of magic, then one could potentially manipulate the cosmology of the planes to create whatever kind of magic they want, and do things which the current laws of magic would deem impossible. All of this seems eerily fitting of how the real-life Aleister Crowley viewed science and magic (science being a tool with which to better understand and manipulate the supernatural world).

If whatever Crowley is aiming for is "impossible", then changing the way the world works until it becomes possible may be what he's ultimately doing. In fact, he may have already succeeded to a limited degree. We already know that he has moved past the boundaries of that which can be described by numbers, for example.
Old 2010-12-25, 03:57   Link #7147
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Wow... that made my head hurt a little.

The question, though, is what the hell is Crowley aiming for?
Old 2010-12-25, 04:30   Link #7148
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post

But here's the thing: as a magician, wouldn't Aleister be subject to the same problems as any other once the world is covered in AIM?
That's the reason why his trying to bring Aiwass towards to this plane from the outside plane.

Quote:

This got me thinking. And then it hit me. If magic relies upon the cosmology of the planes, then changing that setup would make all current magic useless. But that would not necessarily mean that magic itself would cease to exist. Rather, since there would be a new cosmology, it would suggest that the rules of magic would change, allowing new and different forms of magic than those which currently exist. If one knew how different new planes would change the laws of magic, then one could potentially manipulate the cosmology of the planes to create whatever kind of magic they want, and do things which the current laws of magic would deem impossible. All of this seems eerily fitting of how the real-life Aleister Crowley viewed science and magic (science being a tool with which to better understand and manipulate the supernatural world).
His trying to cut down links or connection to outside plane by creating this world independent from it. If all links are broken and can't be established then what power or from where would the magician ask for powers. The magicians concept of magic is borrowing power from higher being or being from other dimension.

People here = normal people
Beings outside of this dimension = angels

If the connections are severed then the magicians are seating ducks in the battle field. Their is no loophole on it. The magicians would be extinct if the artificial heaven is launch in world level. Unless they start releasing powers of their own and that's different all together because that is espers. Espers altering current laws without the help of external links.

And the reason why I said that that's why Aleister is trying to bring Aiwass towards here is because if his here then their is still a connection between Aleister and Aiwass even though outside links are broken.
Old 2010-12-25, 05:39   Link #7149
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Way behind schedule here, 55%, Parts 4 and 5 done. Was listening to a certain cowbells theme when doing this.

And for the record, I'm calling this. William Orville's seiyuu--> Suwabe Junichi
Hey Teh_Ping, I visited your Baka-tsuski account, and I'd say you need a hug. *hug*

Also, thank you for the translations!

Itsuwa is freakin' scary when she's mad. Season 3, if it comes, is gonna be made of awesome.
Old 2010-12-25, 06:19   Link #7150
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
And for the record, I'm calling this. William Orville's seiyuu--> Suwabe Junichi
Pre-Gabriel's defeat Acqua is already broken (as in HAX), don't make him call Unlimited Blade Works or Touma might just as well die straight away encountering him.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-25, 09:59   Link #7151
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
this question seemed too late but who's the guy that appeared in 1:25 of season 2 preview just before Terra?
Yeah its biagio. You'll see him next arc
Old 2010-12-25, 11:43   Link #7152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Something just occurred to me.

An esper's AIM is essentially a localized plane. This plane changes the normal cosmology of the planes. Magic depends on this cosmology, so an esper who attempts to use magic will injure themselves, just as a guy who tries to make a bomb might blow himself up if he doesn't know what he's doing. The Misaka Network has the potential to cover the whole world with this effect. Theoretically, a perfected Imaginary Number District might even make magic as we know it impossible (instead of just dangerous).

We all know this already. Aleister is taking the machine that is the world, and covering it with man-made gears.

If whatever Crowley is aiming for is "impossible", then changing the way the world works until it becomes possible may be what he's ultimately doing. In fact, he may have already succeeded to a limited degree. We already know that he has moved past the boundaries of that which can be described by numbers, for example.
Who says Crowley operates on the "Magic" as is commonly understood in Indexverse? He's already an ascended being, AIM field or not, it doesn't affect him....But what could an ascended being possibly be planning hmm.....After all, Fianma can more or less do whatever the hell he wants and Crowley surpasses him...All that is known so far, is that he wants Aiwass's power since it is a key factor in his plans.
Old 2010-12-25, 11:49   Link #7153
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Fiamma was already broken, loss his connection with index, lose his ego, the holy right depowered and Alister still fail to kill him, cut the man some slack.

But what Alister did was pretty cleaver, he is basically filtering his mana by machines, so I gueess that make his source of power still mana and let him cast without beign affected by the AIM backslash.
Old 2010-12-25, 12:08   Link #7154
Miraluka
Banned

AIM can't affect him because the amount still is not enough to deal a damage to him.
Take Kazakiri causing Vento to loss her blood and the compare when Gabriel was unaffected by Kazakiri's AIM field.
If you are enough strong you can't be affected by AIM. I think the same applies to Aleister now he is on a higher level.
Old 2010-12-25, 12:36   Link #7155
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I am more on the way he state his power is filter by machines still, I see your point but I think it has more to do with his statement.
Old 2010-12-25, 21:27   Link #7156
Flere821
Lurker

@ Tsunade - From Vol6 epilogue, Aleister is less trying to cut off the other planes from Earth, instead making a new plane (ie Artificial Heaven, aka Imaginary Number District) that will completely break the balance between planes. Though you're right in that trying to reach out to get power from other planes will become impossible (due to the imbalance) and it will stop magic that way.

And as for Aleister himself, it's qestionable if he still uses 'mana' to power his spells anymore, but he did mention he filter his energy through machines to use them when he went to try and kill off Fiamma.

@ Wilfriback: For Gabriel... the difference here between her and Vento is that Vento was right in the middle of Academy City and feeling the full might of the Artificial Heaven (albeit incomplete), whereas Gabriel is just feeling a small effect from Kazakiri as she's only a antenna from that Artificial Heaven. I'm guessing if Gabriel materialises right in the middle of Academy City when Artificial Heaven is activated, she will also go 'boom' - but she might also take down half of Japan at least in the resulting explosion when she goes down

EDIT:

I'm planning on to just skip Vol19 Ch2 in my translation, since it didn't really give me the feeling of 'awe' that's my main motivation of translating - to show other fans just how damn good this series is. (even with how Accelerator saved a pregnant woman and then pointing a gun at someone else just to stop him getting thanked)

Not to mention reading about Saiai's verbal tic is already somewhat a pain - translating it is even worse. No way I could put the word 'super' (超) in practically every sentence and still make it make sense...

And can anyone here help me with checking some of names for people in Vol19? I'm not sure Google translate got these 100% right for some reason (also that I only have access to Chinese versions and can't look up the Japanese katakana for what it sounds like):

潮岸 - Ushiokishi - name of one of the directors, and main antagonist against GROUP.

杉谷 - Sugitani - one of Ushiokishi's top two bodyguards.

美浓部 - ??? - the other one of Ushiokishi's top two bodyguards.

单间沙龙 - Single-room(?) salon - where Rikou was captured by Spark Signal.

Thanks for anyone that can help

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-12-25 at 22:04. Reason: Have something else to say, but don't want to double post.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:06   Link #7157
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Judging from what Fiamma said. Kazakiri's AIM field is enough to make Aqua explode if he dares to fight along side with her but not good enough to blow up Gabriel.

As for Crowley, I think the very reason he can operate under AIM field but still being a magcian is that he has became Aiwass's "Window". He literally is under Aiwass's sanctuary thus make him above worldly restrictions.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:26   Link #7158
Miraluka
Banned

Pin updated with parts 7 and 8 (still incomplete).
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...apter_2#Part_7
Old 2010-12-26, 00:39   Link #7159
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
潮岸 - Ushiokishi - name of one of the directors, and main antagonist against GROUP.

杉谷 - Sugitani - one of Ushiokishi's top two bodyguards.

美浓部 - ??? - the other one of Ushiokishi's top two bodyguards.

单间沙龙 - Single-room(?) salon - where Rikou was captured by Spark Signal.
潮岸 - Shiokishi

杉谷 - Sugitani

美浓部 - Minobe

单间沙龙 - Might be 個室サロン, which I think single-room salon could work, or maybe private salon (or whatever other suitable word can replace 'private'). Doesn't seem to have any sort of special name (I just went to the Japanese Index wiki to check up on these).
Old 2010-12-26, 05:18   Link #7160
pikachuwei

working backwards lol

wanted to put this up yesterday 4 xmas but did not count on giant family gatherings OTL

Kazakiri makes a DYNAMIC ENTRY!

also, Sashaspeak is awkward to translate to english =/

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen