AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 20:15   Link #18901
Xenertor
The holder of Destruction

Was it ever broken at some point?
Old 2012-07-06, 22:36   Link #18902
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's just an Illusion.
Cause in the end I get all the bitches.

You have your harem, but you belongs to mine.

But in the end, we all belong to Sumeragi.

Haremception.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:02   Link #18903
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenertor View Post
Was it ever broken at some point?
Apparently not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Cause in the end I get all the bitches.

You have your harem, but you belongs to mine.

Haremception.

Mah~ In any case, I don't make a good harem lead like Kamijou Touma (<- toss in the name for relevance sake)

I'm more like one of those bishounen with indestructible hair that make girls cry whenever I appear onscreen once every thirty or so chapters because by very presence radiates melodrama and my words drips with anguish of past trauma... Sort of like Jellal... Or Allen Walker... Just without facial markings.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:27   Link #18904
Miraluka
Banned

But Allen is cool guy but on the other hand Jellal...
Old 2012-07-06, 23:28   Link #18905
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
No I highly doubt that will happen, Kamachi is far too skilled of a writer for that. Power growth in this series is generally the characters growing more experienced, and getting smarter with their powers. As for that worst case scenario; the only thing really like that is Accelerator's black wings becoming white wings and it's never said that the white wings make him stronger just they make him not a psychopathic murderer like the black wings did. Also Touma's 'invisible demon' thing but we don't know nearly enough about that to speculate.
Eh, I still have faith it wont become like Bleach, DBZ, or Naruto. Though there's always a possibility to use "forms" as an excuse for sudden power growths or giving old characters new abilities with very little build up. It really makes things more convient and allows a writer to more easily intergrate more and more powrful opponents the heroes must overcome.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:36   Link #18906
Miraluka
Banned

In this series characters have more power downs than ups .
Old 2012-07-06, 23:48   Link #18907
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I suppose that'd make me the Sunohara of the group...
Old 2012-07-06, 23:57   Link #18908
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon
Who is this Sumeragi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor
No I highly doubt that will happen, Kamachi is far too skilled of a writer for that. Power growth in this series is generally the characters growing more experienced, and getting smarter with their powers. As for that worst case scenario; the only thing really like that is Accelerator's black wings becoming white wings and it's never said that the white wings make him stronger just they make him not a psychopathic murderer like the black wings did. Also Touma's 'invisible demon' thing but we don't know nearly enough about that to speculate.
Accelerator's change of wing color and form indicates to me his change of outlook in life than a powerup, but at least he can think better than thrashing about like a berserker.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-07-07, 00:32   Link #18909
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
I might go to the bad end if you say something like that.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-07-07, 01:19   Link #18910
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
I might go to the bad end if you say something like that.
You sure you want do that with a toilet seat cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Accelerator's change of wing color and form indicates to me his change of outlook in life than a powerup, but at least he can think better than thrashing about like a berserker.
Rather than change in outlook, it could just be a switch of extreme ends. If it isn't black, then it's white. If it's not white, it's black. Black and white is his thing, so it wouldn't surprise me if he could change the color at will somehow. That is... there's really no meaning to the color. It's just that he wills it.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:10   Link #18911
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Kuroyoru Umidori is also about 12, so we might expect all the kids from the dark may project to be around that age.
And for some reason or another they'll all somehow end up in in Hamazura's group ... Accelerator will start to feel really envious if it continues like this.
Quote:
Who's the Ushio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Eh, I still have faith it wont become like Bleach, DBZ, or Naruto. Though there's always a possibility to use "forms" as an excuse for sudden power growths or giving old characters new abilities with very little build up. It really makes things more convient and allows a writer to more easily intergrate more and more powrful opponents the heroes must overcome.
You're talking like they've already dealt with Aleister and Aiwass. Actually, I think it's the other way around. They don't upgrade for the sake of having more and more powerful opponents introduced easily ... but instead more and more powerful characters are introduced so they can power up accordingly in order to face the Real Deal Big Bad Guys.
And the most important part is : did a single one of those new powerful bosses have ever been beaten to a pulp by a "powered up" character? And by "bosses" I'm talking about villains more powerful than their antecedent. (you can already exclude fodders like Amata-ojii-san and kakine)
Old 2012-07-07, 02:24   Link #18912
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^Just because you've become stronger, doesn't mean they've become weaker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But Allen is cool guy but on the other hand Jellal...
I still can't help but root for the guy...

Quote:
You have a little sister voiced by Yukari Tamura?

(Funny how that's what everybody only cares about)
Old 2012-07-07, 02:31   Link #18913
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
And for some reason or another they'll all somehow end up in in Hamazura's group ... Accelerator will start to feel really envious if it continues like this.

Who's the Ushio?

You're talking like they've already dealt with Aleister and Aiwass. Actually, I think it's the other way around. They don't upgrade for the sake of having more and more powerful opponents introduced easily ... but instead more and more powerful characters are introduced so they can power up accordingly in order to face the Real Deal Big Bad Guys.
And the most important part is : did a single one of those new powerful bosses have ever been beaten to a pulp by a "powered up" character? And by "bosses" I'm talking about villains more powerful than their antecedent. (you can already exclude fodders like Amata-ojii-san and kakine)
I doubt they would just settle for the current known antagonists till the end of the series and really. They're gonna have to go pretty far to top the current guys. I mean unless they decide not to follow "The later an antagonist appears the more broken they are" rule. Sorta like how Freiza in DBZ was really broken than in the next arc he's made out to be a joke compared to the Androids and Cell.

Besides, this Awakening stuff doesn't seem like something they will just let rest as a one time thing and as more powerful antagonist appear it'll be all too tempting to make ascended forms of Awakening. Since the heros can't win all their battles all the time or we'll end up with a Zeorymer(Infamous for the Hero's Mecha being so broken it could one hit all its foes after self-repairing itself).
Old 2012-07-07, 02:52   Link #18914
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I doubt they would just settle for the current known antagonists till the end of the series and really. They're gonna have to go pretty far to top the current guys. I mean unless they decide not to follow "The later an antagonist appears the more broken they are" rule. Sorta like how Freiza in DBZ was really broken than in the next arc he's made out to be a joke compared to the Androids and Cell.

Besides, this Awakening stuff doesn't seem like something they will just let rest as a one time thing and as more powerful antagonist appear it'll be all too tempting to make ascended forms of Awakening. Since the heros can't win all their battles all the time or we'll end up with a Zeorymer(Infamous for the Hero's Mecha being so broken it could one hit all its foes after self-repairing itself).
I get the feeling you're not very familiar with the style of this series (not a criticism, just an observation). consistently Powering up heroes as a method of defeating strong enemies is not one of the concerns you need to have with this series.
Old 2012-07-07, 03:51   Link #18915
Destined_Fate

I'm familiar, this awakening business though seems to be opening up a whole new set for the cast.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:42   Link #18916
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
What are you talking about? she's everyone's little sister, isn't she?

Quote:
I doubt they would just settle for the current known antagonists till the end of the series and really.
And why is that? I've never said they won't add antagonists, but whoever you bring up will be Aiwass' underling (unless it's one of the [Thelema Gods] ... but then again that will be part of Aleister's plan )

Quote:
They're gonna have to go pretty far to top the current guys. I mean unless they decide not to follow "The later an antagonist appears the more broken they are" rule. Sorta like how Freiza in DBZ was really broken than in the next arc he's made out to be a joke compared to the Androids and Cell.
Then again, why is that? Awaki>Amata-ojii-san, yet Accelerator got an uprade after fighting the later and nothing from the first. Also, Aiwass>Fiamma, but all he got from the first was "informations" and he got super-badass white wings from the later. From my perspective, it doesn't really follow the rule yet he got incredible power ups, didn't he?
Old 2012-07-07, 04:44   Link #18917
Destined_Fate

Eh, who says this will be the only power up for Accelerator or anyone else?
Old 2012-07-07, 05:21   Link #18918
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

(Because that's self-explanatory.)
Old 2012-07-07, 05:47   Link #18919
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Eh, who says this will be the only power up for Accelerator or anyone else?
What? I don't get what you mean by "the only power up", that's completely off the point ... did I ever mentioned anywhere in my posts that the only upgrades/power ups/whatsoever they can get is "awakening"?
Old 2012-07-07, 05:55   Link #18920
Destined_Fate

I'm just saying that Awakening looks pretty ridiculous, any other power up is going to have to top it. We get wings now.. What's next, fangs, claws, tails? World destroying abilities?

Maybe Full Powered Index flying around using all the grimiores at the same time? Actually that sounds sorta cool.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen