AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 15:42   Link #61
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm glad that I found a Miu's lover other than myself Tell me, is she going to appear again in the latter novel?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 16:59   Link #62
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I'm glad that I found a Miu's lover other than myself Tell me, is she going to appear again in the latter novel?
Well, I have no idea about that. I prefer anime version because LN version is just too depressing to me. The latest episode of "Book Girl" (isn't it a LOT better called Literature Girl?) has Miu from childhood till the moment she jumped the rooftop (I guess it's no spoiler since everyone should know about it already) and also the reason why she's like that. I think she's kinda like yandere so I like her.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:25   Link #63
Kunagisa

A "new" series is starting following book 2 of the LN (Ue Kawaku Ghost), might be appropriate to somehow change the thread's title to encompass the continuation into discussion since it's still the same mangaka.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 16:55   Link #64
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I want to hear more about Miu's comeback in vol. 5 though. We already had spoilers from vol. 2 here.
Old 2011-01-07, 17:48   Link #65
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I want to hear more about Miu's comeback in vol. 5 though. We already had spoilers from vol. 2 here.
The manga probably will eventually get there if the sales keep up. I think it's crazy they used 23 chapters to get through volume 1.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 19:11   Link #66
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
The manga probably will eventually get there if the sales keep up. I think it's crazy they used 23 chapters to get through volume 1.
Well, the manga is so slow I almost dropped it. Lucky me I could read LN translation on baka-tsuki before it was licensed.

I expect another 2 years for LN v.2 manga to finish, which I'd rather wait for possible anime adaptation.
Old 2011-03-09, 23:14   Link #67
Raiga
tl;dr

Anyone know how good Yen Press' translation is for this series (the novels)? Or alternatively if they have sample pages anywhere? Trying to convince my friend to buy the first book but he's wary about the quality of the translation...
Old 2011-03-09, 23:16   Link #68
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, the manga is so slow I almost dropped it. Lucky me I could read LN translation on baka-tsuki before it was licensed.

I expect another 2 years for LN v.2 manga to finish, which I'd rather wait for possible anime adaptation.
It was already adapted as an OVA series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 10:15   Link #69
ramengud

I have bought the first 2 books from Yen Press. Although I found the fan translation from Baka Tsuki for Volume 1 to be a bit better than Yen Press' translation, Yen Press' translation is quite good. Both books 1 and 2 are definitely a very good read. The only problem I have is waiting 6 months for the next volume.
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:21   Link #70
shadowwolf222

I just read Yen Press's translation of volume 2 and I have 1 question about Kayano's number code in the original Japanese version.
Spoiler:
shadowwolf222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 07:31   Link #71
problemedchild
ô_ô

The third volume was recently released. Just finished reading it tonight and it shed some interesting light on a fairly minor character up till now. The ending bold text was somewhat surprising though, although me knowing a good amount of the spoilers for the series dampened the surprise quite a bit.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 11:14   Link #72
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've only just read volume 2.. The ending was pretty good, and the whole story was...was sad ;_; I don't know about you guys, but I felt my heart crushed when I re-read the whole volume and the parting message of Hotaru made me shed a tear.

..I hope my local store will sell it so that I can buy it here rather than import it

Old 2011-08-17, 19:05   Link #73
vergil22

I have just read "Book Girl and the Captive Fool" and even though it wasn´t as good as the second book, which is so far the best of the series imo, it was worth the read.

Spoiler for Captive Fool:
vergil22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:27   Link #74
ramengud

Just finished reading the third book. "Book Girl and the Captive Fool". Too bad we have to wait till January next year for the next book
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 08:55   Link #75
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

My copy had only just arrived few days ago. Damn, I guess I'm really late about this
Quote:
I have just read "Book Girl and the Captive Fool" and even though it wasn´t as good as the second book, which is so far the best of the series imo, it was worth the read.
Yes, the second book is far more epic and that last scene in volume 2 was just sooooo ;___; I don't think words cannot describe my feelings when I read the ending scene of volume 2.

As for captive fool...the letter on the ending was a bit surprising for me because
Spoiler:
. It's only a bit surprising because I already know that she and Kazushi know each other after I watched the movie. Still..the plot twist about Sarashina comes from a bit of shock. I'm just glad that I didn't read any spoilers concerning the plot except for what happened to Miu.

As for Sarashina...well, I don't really like her very much. In a certain aspect, she could be similar with Nanase but more yandere than her.
Spoiler:

Still not as good as vol 2, but it's still good.

Old 2012-01-27, 13:08   Link #76
vergil22

Just read "Book Girl and the Corrupted Angel" and I must say BOOK GIRL IS BACK (well... at least story-wise). It was better than volume 3 as expected.

Spoiler for Show:

This book was, like the others, very good, but my favourite will still be "Famished Spirit"

Last edited by vergil22; 2012-01-27 at 17:23.
Old 2012-01-27, 18:47   Link #77
Athena
The Power of One

Corrupted Angel is out!? Heck, if it focuses on
Spoiler for :
then I have to buy it quickly...should have ordered the four at the same time...

I kinda mixes Captive fool and Famished spirit (2 and 3), but I know that the second is the most touching one...ends up
Spoiler for :

From what I remember Volume 5 will mark the second half of the series...way more touching/tragic...

It's like the first 4 volumes were the beginning of CLANNAD, and the last 4 the ending of it.
Old 2012-01-27, 23:57   Link #78
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I need to wait for a month till my book arrived Volume 2 was pretty incredible so it's not weird for it to think that it will still be a favorite amongst other books.

Old 2012-01-28, 04:33   Link #79
vergil22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
From what I remember Volume 5 will mark the second half of the series...way more touching/tragic...
Well.... I think Volume 2 and 4 was already very tragic and sad, I dont know if volume 5 can be more sad than these
Spoiler for Show:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I need to wait for a month till my book arrived Volume 2 was pretty incredible so it's not weird for it to think that it will still be a favorite amongst other books.
I think so too, it has a very good (also crazy) story with a very interesting ending
I have a feeling, that it will always be my favorit
Old 2012-01-28, 11:09   Link #80
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Though IMO, I think that the fourth one will be my favorite...wonder what it is about...

Tags
harem, shounen