Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-25, 12:07   Link #101
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
It's $12.95 per month, not too sure about the days you are referring to?
FFXI payment system is a bit wierd. For example if you sign-up at the last week of the month, you get charged full price no matter what. It's why some are happy that we are getting the new payment plan. Hopefully SE will give us pre-paid cards with the new payment plan.
Old 2009-06-25, 16:09   Link #102
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I can't wait to play damn it ><

what class do you guys plan on playin? (if that class is in it)

Definaly Paladin for me, and FFXIV's gotta have that or fail.

Mainly wonna do paladin because I always wanted to make a Game Music Video with this song from Manowar, but FFXI didnt have enough cutscenes to fit it.

"Defender" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvK0gXJaiw0

not the same version but lyrics are the same.
Old 2009-06-25, 22:23   Link #103
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

13$ per month........ I might consider playing this if it still cost pretty much the same. Oh well, 'll try playing the beta version first before I decide if I'll play this or not.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 23:21   Link #104
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

Definaly Paladin for me, and FFXIV's gotta have that or fail.

Mainly wonna do paladin because I always wanted to make a Game Music Video with this song from Manowar, but FFXI didnt have enough cutscenes to fit it.

"Defender" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvK0gXJaiw0

not the same version but lyrics are the same.
Paladin will be there for sure. Since i enjoy being a caster (mostly support) il be keeping the same jobs from FFXI; WHM, BRD, SMN and BLM.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:05   Link #105
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

A damage dealer - that's for sure. Would be nice if there's a dancer again. I just love the idea of tangoing your enemies to death. Or at least a class that swirls around a lot in fights. I love useless details XD

God, my exams are nearly over, so I can finally resume playing again in july \o/

It'd be nice if I could pay in dollar. I pay 2€ more because of the currency <.<
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 13:10   Link #106
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Connect!On Hiromichi Tanaka and Director Nobuaki Koumoto interview. This interview gives a bit more clarification to some of the questions on some peoples mind. Well Haiderin have a different feel then Vana'diel? Will there be higher tech then Vana'diel? New races? Greater international support -- Casual friendly? Welp, read the new dish of information concerning FFXIV. Nom nom nom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connect!On; Elmer
Eorzea
After the first lines of text rolled in the E3 trailer, the movie panned across an expansive land filled with trees and waterfalls. This was introduced to us as "Eorzea," but it seems there will be more meaning to the name than simply labeling a single region of land. In addition, we have discovered that the name of the entire world will be バイデリン (ha-i-de-ri-n). Koumoto has stressed that this world will have a new feel compared to Vana'diel and bring a different kind of fantasy environment, one that is a little more "hi-tech" perhaps. The peculiar flying pods battling monsters in the sky are said to be an example of the new direction they are looking to take.

Also, it seems that the admittedly strange pronunciation of Eorzea, エオルゼア (e-o-ru-ze-a), has evoked some reactions amongst the Japanese media as well. Game reviewer "Hamamura Tsuushin" came up with his own theory, commenting that it sounds like something that would come out of 高知県 (Kou-chi ken) the Kouchi Prefecture of Japan, where people speak in 土佐弁 (to-sa ben) Tosa dialect. This is because words in Tosa dialect often contain "ze" and "ya" and the speech pattern is also influenced by 関西弁 (kan-sai ben) Kansai dialect, which is well-known for being amusingly jumbled and rowdy.

The E3 Presentation
Tanaka stated that he wished to unveil FFXIV at E3 in particular to highlight their intention to release the game simultaneously across all supported regions. E3 was the perfect place to find foreign media from around the world gathered together. This certainly would indicate Square Enix is ready to fully support all players right from the start, and could give some hope to players in North America or Europe who may have felt snubbed in the past.

As an funny side note, it is reported that the announcement of FFXIV caught some people really off-guard. Apparently, the instant Jack Tretton, President of SCEA, uttered the words "Final Fantasy Fourteen," some people took it as a joke and could not believe their ears. However, that feeling was quickly dispelled once the trailer started running, and the room soon erupted in applause and shouts of joy.

Races
In order to entice FFXI players over to the new game, Tanaka said they designed avatars to be similar in style. This way, there would be a connection that could make people feel comfortable transferring over, and let them know they could continue with their preferred "virtual self." However, while the races are the same on the surface, they will be given new names and some other cosmetic changes. Furthermore, eagle-eyed forum-goers have spotted what Connect!On refers to as a "horned elf" behind the counter on the far left, that could hint at the addition of new races. Unfortunately, there is no official confirmation of this as of yet. When pressed on the number of races planned, Koumoto has been hesitant to say if anything is decided.

System
According to Koumoto, battles in FFXIV will involve more thinking and strategy than FFXI. While FFXI was about timing and quick action, FFXIV is going to take a new approach that will provide a comfortable learning curve for new players, yet allow for the challenge that hardcore players also crave.

The keyword is "growth" and FFXIV will be sold as a game that allows improvement without unnecessary hardship. Koumoto references FFXI, saying it is a game that relies too exclusively on defeating enemies over and over to advance, and that FFXIV will bring new avenues of facilitating character growth, such as quests.

In addition to partying, solo play will also be possible, but instead of focusing on boosting one or the other, Koumoto has said FFXIV will be a game that, above all else, aims to meet the needs of the users, no matter what style they choose to play. One day you might want to adventure with a friend, and another day you might want to go it alone. FFXIV will allow you to choose your path as you please and find enjoyment in your unique play style.

Jobs
For the Job System, Koumoto has expressed interest in taking aspects of FFXI's flexible style but expanding greatly upon it in new ways. In the end, it will be completely different from what we are familiar with in Vana'diel. The keyword here is "weapon," which we have heard was also the theme of the FFXIV logo. Somewhere in that wheel of adventurers lies a hint as to how jobs and leveling may change. Speaking of which, we have also heard from Tanaka that the traditional experience points and level system will not be used this time around. While he was more than eager to divulge that bit of info, there has sadly been no clarification as to what system will replace it.

Movie Speculation
Probably the first thing everyone noticed was that the trailer was exceptionally beautiful. It is said that there was actual in-game footage mixed in as well, which is quite impressive. According to reports, the scenes with a Mithra-looking mage casting a magical barrier and the tail-less Galka wielding a great axe could very possibly reflect the level of quality we can expect during actual gameplay. A giant sea serpent leaping over the ship has been speculated to be Leviathan, but there is no such confirmation from official sources. Another part of the trailer that viewers focused on was the Chocobo at the end. Koumoto has mentioned that the Chocobo caused more of an uproar than he had anticipated. This is attributed to the fact that the Chocobo was a symbol that let everyone know: "This is a true Final Fantasy game."

Analyzing the boat scene again, questions were asked regarding whether it was hinting at a party vs. party style battle system. Koumoto admits that limiting the game to parties simply bludgeoning a single enemy to death would lack variety, and the team is looking into large-scale battles as well. Also, it may not always be against an enemy. PvP content is also being considered, but it seems they are stopping shy of allowing unrestrained dueling and player killing. Tanaka adds that they are maintaining the same stance against griefing through PKing and kill stealing as they have in FFXI.

To FFXI Players
Those of us who continue to enjoy FFXI have heard Tanaka tell us time and again that Vana'diel will live on for years to come. There is a team of people who continue to work solely on FFXI, so they should not been disrupted or slowed down even after the release of FFXIV. Not only that, but FFXIV will be designed so that one can balance their play time between the two games without having to upset their daily lives. FFXIV will be a game that is kind to the casual player, and not demand copious amounts of time to make progress.

With great care being paid to the existing FFXI community and the media attention MMO addiction has been receiving throughout Japan recently, it seems we can really expect a game that will deliver without being demanding. Personally, I think this is an excellent concept, and hopefully Square Enix will find that a more relaxed atmosphere will encourage people to keep active accounts for longer.

Final Fantasy XIV will go live around the globe in 2010, and a beta is still guaranteed to precede the start of public service. The ZAM FFXIV Team will continue to keep our eyes and ears open and get you the latest news and info first, direct from Japan!
Source
Old 2009-08-04, 15:14   Link #107
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Taken from 2ch, so take it with a grain of salt until more info is released officially at GameCom in the coming week.

Races:

- Hyuran (Human)
- Lalafell (Taru)
- Roegadyn (Galka)
- Quelques (Elvaan)

Classes:

There are four categories of jobs right now: fighter, sorcerer, crafter and gatherer. Two jobs have been unveiled for each.

Fighter: swordsman, archer
Sorcerer: enchanter, warlock
Crafter: blacksmith, cook
Gatherer: gardener, fisherman

Customization:

"When you make your character, aside from choosing the race, you will also be able to customize their appearance. Head, skin color, hair type etc, there will be multiple factors. Just how exact we will be able to customize their appearance is still unknown, but we mean it in a good way when we say that it seems like it will become a worry to many players "

Source1 Source2 Source3

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2009-08-04 at 16:08.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:10   Link #108
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well, no male mithra as it seems, guess their keeping the fanservice unchanged... lame... I'll be waiting for F.O.O.L
Old 2009-08-05, 10:01   Link #109
Olaguer

Question, is FFXI a pay to play game?
Olaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 10:43   Link #110
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

yes you have to pay to play FFXI
and the FFXIV "tarutaru" epic failed IMO, it looks ugly and weird, no longer the cute big headed hug-able dolls they used to *sigh Now they looks like some kind of mutated midget freaky looking thing <.< use the old tarutaru damn it >.<
also, I hope this time around they stop stuffing "team play is a must" down player's mouth like in FFXI, people want to be able to at least lvl on their own without sitting on the side for hours just to get a party for 2 kills and end up disbanding because some dude is "hungry" <.<
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 10:53   Link #111
Knight Hawk
Lurker

At the start people thought the same with taru's. Lala's are uber cute so i don't know what your talking about. (People will get used to it like tarutaru.) Anyways other scans popped up from 2ch from Famitsu. Keep on eye on http://ffxiv.zam.com/ for fridays update.

Out of the new updates from the scans i really like is this:
Quote:
- they are considering the option to let you arrange your windows how you want
Hope SE considers it; I want to customize my UI friggin hell. FFXI UI was shit.

Article at 1up: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175435

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2009-08-05 at 11:05.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 01:54   Link #112
Olaguer

Does anyone know any online game that is similar to FF gameplay?
Olaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 07:12   Link #113
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaguer View Post
Does anyone know any online game that is similar to FF gameplay?
nope, FFXI was pretty damn unique, not as Unique as EVE but in a league of its own. its one of the hardest MMORPG's not to mention time comsuming.

Anyone hear about the quest generation system? You can obtain these cards called Guild Leaves:

And then you combine them to generate quests. In many ways, it's a lot like a certain game's "keyword system". (.hack)

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-08-06 at 23:41.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 23:36   Link #114
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So FFXI was time consuming? I'm not sure I have that much free time to play a MMORPG lol. Hope FFXIV will be more kind to casual MMORPG game like me ^^
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 06:03   Link #115
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25995

First video.
Old 2009-08-20, 01:01   Link #116
Sassarai
Army of One

Gametrailers have a couple of more vids

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/fin...v-online/11432

Seems like an improve version of FFXI. Ahhh those were the days.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 01:14   Link #117
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Dam they look beautiful
Old 2009-08-21, 06:31   Link #118
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Anyone here speak German?

I know the guy is explaining a lot about the battle system, I can't really grasp it from the video.

I really pray that it's not like FF11, although good, that game is too hardcore for me now that I have other responsibilities, and I was really looking forward to FF14 to be more friendly.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 07:14   Link #119
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
lol! the humans OWN , they look and move so much cooler than FFXI. I just pray the male Elvaan emotes arent as awkward as FFXI's
Old 2009-08-21, 07:22   Link #120
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Looked amazing, till i saw the word "Online".
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg