AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 18:56   Link #241
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Man Rolo was awesome in this series. Funny how I'm tinkering with a RoloxAnya pairing now
I have a friend who was thinking of this when R2 was airing. They also thought of Gino X Kallen
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 19:24   Link #242
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I have a friend who was thinking of this when R2 was airing. They also thought of Gino X Kallen
Really? I can see some precedent to make that assumption about Gino and Kallen, but R2 really didn't give me much indication for things like a Rolo/Anya pairing at the time
Old 2009-03-31, 20:13   Link #243
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Really? I can see some precedent to make that assumption about Gino and Kallen, but R2 really didn't give me much indication for things like a Rolo/Anya pairing at the time
See the way he reacted to Anya being at school? Love at first sight.
Old 2009-03-31, 20:28   Link #244
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
See the way he reacted to Anya being at school? Love at first sight.
Hey, at least Gino tried hitting on Kallen, that's a bit more substantive, plus they had quite a few 'moments' together as the series went on if I recall
Old 2009-03-31, 20:33   Link #245
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Hey, at least Gino tried hitting on Kallen, that's a bit more substantive, plus they had quite a few 'moments' together as the series went on if I recall
Spoiler for Ahem:
Old 2009-03-31, 20:37   Link #246
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Keeping this topic.

If anyone has any news about CG LOTR R2 manga. Last I heard that Kallen didn't get captured and there wasn't anything that changed the characters let. Though, this was months ago. Wish I knew what was going on in the manga.
Old 2009-03-31, 20:44   Link #247
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Did Shirley die?!
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 21:00   Link #248
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Not too sure. I didn't ask blotty or Lie about her character. If I had to guess it probably happened since her death was an turning point for R2. Like Euphy's back during season 1.

On the subject of Gino, well I don't blame Majiko! for not including Gino in the manga. Considering how useless he was in the show. Felt like the staff didn't know what to do with him anyway.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-03-31 at 21:35.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:31   Link #249
KrimzonStriker

Meh, I appreciated Gino for making the Kalulu fans tear their hair out personally. I also suppose he was being used as the new naive foil that Suzaku was in the previous Season before everything with Euphie transpired, kind of like a shadow of who he used to be

Anyway, I'd much rather move on to how uber awesome Rolo was in NoN personally, and how this character portrayal makes me want to smirk with glee on all the naysayers of his character in the anime, a major upgrade to the potential I thought his character possesed, and perhaps a glimpse as to who he might have become had he not met Lelouch like in the anime and remained in his dark and lonely world
Old 2009-04-01, 10:09   Link #250
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Meh, I appreciated Gino for making the Kalulu fans tear their hair out personally. I also suppose he was being used as the new naive foil that Suzaku was in the previous Season before everything with Euphie transpired, kind of like a shadow of who he used to be

Anyway, I'd much rather move on to how uber awesome Rolo was in NoN personally, and how this character portrayal makes me want to smirk with glee on all the naysayers of his character in the anime, a major upgrade to the potential I thought his character possesed, and perhaps a glimpse as to who he might have become had he not met Lelouch like in the anime and remained in his dark and lonely world
I agree! In any case, Gino did hit on Kallen. Whether he ever succeed, we will never know. The poor character seems unused in any of the manga, LotR, SotC or even NoN.

Rolo in the anime probably won't be able to obtain a position like NoN!Rolo did. When LotR!Rolo first appeared, his evil smirk spark an interest on me. That ought to be the face he should have if he wasn't changed after meeting Lelouch. The cold faced assassin. NoN!Rolo did impress me a lot. He is given a bigger area to roll. Having power and such as a cardinal and being a prince.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 11:48   Link #251
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I agree! In any case, Gino did hit on Kallen. Whether he ever succeed, we will never know. The poor character seems unused in any of the manga, LotR, SotC or even NoN.

Rolo in the anime probably won't be able to obtain a position like NoN!Rolo did. When LotR!Rolo first appeared, his evil smirk spark an interest on me. That ought to be the face he should have if he wasn't changed after meeting Lelouch. The cold faced assassin. NoN!Rolo did impress me a lot. He is given a bigger area to roll. Having power and such as a cardinal and being a prince.
That and his Vincent was just sweet this time around, I like the darker undertones on it in the manga as well, and how it one-shots the Gawain, or made it's debut with a heck of a lot of guns blowing the landscape and everyone on it to pieces. Anya being his right-hand was cool too, LoTR Rolo never had anyone to really boss around <_<
Old 2009-04-01, 16:12   Link #252
azul120

Is it still not reasonable for me to somewhat dislike Rolo for attempting to displace Nunnally as Lelouch's sibling, and for killing Shirley?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 16:40   Link #253
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Is it still not reasonable for me to somewhat dislike Rolo for attempting to displace Nunnally as Lelouch's sibling, and for killing Shirley?
It is not at all unreasonable. Of course this Rolo is a different Rolo and, while I haven't read the manga, I'm sure there were quite different circumstances surrounding him.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:25   Link #254
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

For those who are waiting for the next LotR manga, your effort in waiting is finally paid off. Vol. 6 is released on 25th April 2009. Cover image is not released yet. Final volume of NoN will be released on the same day.

LoTR Vol.6

NoN Vol. 5

Okay. I had completed deciphering Code 23 of NoN. Any mistake, once again I hope someone well-verse in Japanese will be able to clarify them later. Those who support the work, please purchase the manga when it's released .

Spoiler for Code 23: Kaminejima I - Emperor VS Emperor:

Spoiler for Some points:

Old 2009-04-08, 22:28   Link #255
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I said it before, and I should repeat: "Your orders, kotei heika?"
Old 2009-04-20, 09:46   Link #256
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Alright I had finished up Code 24. Once again. Hopefully, some of the doubts and mistake made could be clarified later. Volume 5 will be released this week. Please support the work.

NoN Vol. 5 Cover

Spoiler for Code 24: Kaminejima II – Gentle World:

Spoiler for Marianne and Charles:

Lelouch of the Rebellion Vol. 6 Cover

Old 2009-04-20, 16:36   Link #257
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I was enjoying the LOTR manga, but i just read the beginning. Did the story still goes in the same direction of the anime or not?

I'm interested because i read that the manga is tooking a more romantic direction or something.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 11:17   Link #258
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I'm sure there are people who are interested. I had a glimpse of the latest chapter of Code Geass LoTR manga. I just merely glanced through and below are some points I could remember.

Spoiler for brief information:

Old 2009-05-01, 01:38   Link #259
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Sorry for double posting. I decided to finish off what I planned to for the summary of NoN. Here is the summary for Code 25. I would love to post the pictures. Since the manga is already released, I won't post. Please purchase the manga if you support the work. Feel free to correct my understanding.

Spoiler for Code 25: Kaminejima III – The Zero:

Spoiler for thought:

Old 2009-05-01, 03:33   Link #260
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Can't wait to get my hands on the 5th volume of NoN. I'm doing a fic based partially on that and having info on Eden Vital does help. Thanks.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote