AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 48 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 34.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-29, 16:28   Link #221
justavisitor

icic, thank you to both of you

I thought what Homura said contradicted somewhat from the rooftop scene....Madoka said something like they seem to live in a different dimension since only they remember Mami...that's why I get the confusion that normal people's memory got altered

Thanks for the clarification XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 17:05   Link #222
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's just Urobochi being abstract... if that's even the right word. It's just fancy comparison and all to illustrate how they feel.

Play Fate/stay night or Tsukihime, Nasu is even worse with it.
Old 2011-01-29, 17:22   Link #223
PastPrime

I had a thought. What if the whole thing is like a circle, where, when a Magical Girl gets defeated she becomes a Witch, so the Witch Sayaka killed was really Mami, who was trying to get revenge on Madoka for not keeping her promise, and when Witches die they are reincarnated and Kyubey makes a contract with them and it starts over again.

I suspect that negative emotions can also turn a Magical Girl into a Witch. I could see Kamijo and Madoka meeting and falling in love, without Madoka even knowing about Sayaka's feelings, and when Sayaka finds out the jealousy, anger, and feeling of being betrayed by her best friend, turns her into a Witch. And Madoka ends up fighting her, either not knowing until the fatal strike who it is, or else trying unsuccessfully to get her to change back.

And I have to wonder about Kyubey. It is possible that he is actually working, in his on way, to end the Magical Girl cycle. Just using the old "Good of the many out weights the good of the few", and "You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs" approach. Madoka's dream might have actually been about the final battle and Kyubey is trying to get enough really powerful Magical Girls to win it.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 17:54   Link #224
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Another solid episode, actually I was a bit skeptical about how it won't turn out to be cheesy or corny, and did a great job not only being neither, but also advancing the plot and characterization. Also visually the witch-worlds become better episode by episode, intergrating more and more with normal animation. Finally, the BGM works miracles in certain scenes.

As for speculation and character discussion, please use the appropriate threads, that's the point of having a sub-forum
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 21:25   Link #225
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I had a thought. What if the whole thing is like a circle, where, when a Magical Girl gets defeated she becomes a Witch, so the Witch Sayaka killed was really Mami, who was trying to get revenge on Madoka for not keeping her promise, and when Witches die they are reincarnated and Kyubey makes a contract with them and it starts over again.

I suspect that negative emotions can also turn a Magical Girl into a Witch. I could see Kamijo and Madoka meeting and falling in love, without Madoka even knowing about Sayaka's feelings, and when Sayaka finds out the jealousy, anger, and feeling of being betrayed by her best friend, turns her into a Witch. And Madoka ends up fighting her, either not knowing until the fatal strike who it is, or else trying unsuccessfully to get her to change back.
Some have theorized about that. However it wouldn't happen now, it's too soon. Plus there would be some hints that the witch was Mami. Here it barely had any screen time and all.
Old 2011-01-29, 21:35   Link #226
justavisitor

how many episodes in this series?? it's episode 4 and madoka still hasn't become the magical girl...I know this is not a typical magical girl series...but just curious, this show is turning into something like "how to stop Madoka from changing into magical girl" XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-01-29, 21:49   Link #227
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
how many episodes in this series?? it's episode 4 and madoka still hasn't become the magical girl...I know this is not a typical magical girl series...but just curious, this show is turning into something like "how to stop Madoka from changing into magical girl" XD
i actually prefer it that way.XD if you read mentar's speculation or applejuice's etc, you'll know why she hasn't transformed yet.btw,it's 1 cour
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 06:52   Link #228
scr
my sides are in orbit

That Madoka haven't become a magical girl is yet another Deconstruction by the brilliant Urobuchi Gen! You see, becoming a Magical Girl is a serious thing. It's not to be taken lightly. I'm okay with her not becoming Magical Girl until very late. In fact, i have this feeling that she will become Magical Girl after everything have gone to hell, and her power won't come from Kyubey. From her previous loop incarnation maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Wow. I know that place is filled with spoilers, but that page is especially bad. *shakes head*
(off-topic)
Yeah, TVTropes is currently in a bad state. There are so many things need fixing, and i'm not talking about the code of the wiki. People not using spoiler tag --well, not using spoiler tag properly-- is one real problem amongst many.

Strangely though, forced registration is not a part of the effort to combat the cancers that are killing TVTropes. Google and their draconian ads policy, sheesh.

All said, consider this an invitation to make TVTropes better.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 12:53   Link #229
klare

creepy eps...

Creepy 1: Kyubei seems to already anticipated Sayako will be the next magical girl, his cute appearance cannot be trusted

Creepy 2: looks like the magical girls can fight among themselves for "territory", i guess that is why Homura is fed up with it

Creepy 3: anyone can be dragged into the witch's world anytime

i have a feeling Sayako will regret about her decision to become a magical girl

looks like Mami-san will be be revived so soon or at all, the OP showed Madoka, Sayako and Mami dressing as magical girl together, we have been misled...
Old 2011-01-30, 15:15   Link #230
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I think it will happen in episode 10,when Sayaka is already dead or going wild, Homura almost dying and the entire world collapsing.
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:10   Link #231
justavisitor

Then I will be slightly disappointed ...I know this show is not about cool transformation and attack name...but part of me still wants them to happen XD

I really enjoy this show...but human can be quite greedy at times XD

And those ppl who got controlled in episode 4 really creeps me out...especially the part where they try to break the door and get madoka...I mean, I've seen those similar scenes many many times in different animes, but the atmosphere in this show make it extra creepy and gloomy...good job I would say XD
Old 2011-01-30, 22:33   Link #232
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
I think it will happen in episode 10,when Sayaka is already dead or going wild, Homura almost dying and the entire world collapsing.
Yea we still have to wait for that scene to occur. People are forgetting the very first moments of episode one.
Old 2011-01-31, 09:20   Link #233
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did anyone else get a Stretch Panic feel from this ep?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 10:41   Link #234
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Another good episode, I look forward to seeing where they go with Kyoko.

It seems to be taking an even more mature tone the farther we progress, I hope the series can maintain this level of quality.

Sayaka is a pretty cool gal, I can't wait to see how she is broken.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:16   Link #235
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
Sayaka is a pretty cool gal, I can't wait to see how she is broken.
That's a really disturbing viewpoint to hold y'know

Saying that, I think this is a fantastic series, easily the best of this season. It'll be...interesting to see how the plot unveils, although I give Sayaka two episodes to live at most.
Old 2011-01-31, 21:26   Link #236
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
You know, I'm amazed by just how incredibly confident some people are in their speculations pertaining to this series.

What would be so shocking, for instance, about Sayaka living until Episode 7 or beyond?
Old 2011-01-31, 22:12   Link #237
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It sure would be lonely if every character died 2 or 3 episodes after receiving spotlight. I don't think Sayaka will necessarily die next episode or anything, but I don't see good things in store for her.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 08:19   Link #238
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Heck, killing her so early would reduce the amount of suffering she'll have when her beau goes all evil-like.

Having that zombify her rather than make her make a mistake and get killed rather quickly would draw parallels to Mami (who was happy fighting only once: when she died).
Old 2011-02-01, 11:24   Link #239
halibonga

for those of you who knows touhou, imagine........koishi......showing up in the witches' world.......my brain just went nuts
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 11:37   Link #240
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
It sure would be lonely if every character died 2 or 3 episodes after receiving spotlight. I don't think Sayaka will necessarily die next episode or anything, but I don't see good things in store for her.
+1

She won't die next ep or even the one after, but her days are numbered.

Be rest assured, we will have our corpse. (if she dies outside )
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote