AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-26, 20:23   Link #781
peinmaximus@

well guys, I think that ophis will help ise to control his transformation in dragon and so she will join completely in ise harem.
for while ise will has that control completely his crimson queen and he will make it defeating euclid and grendel.will be euclid strong how a maou or he will be other prey to dragon oppai how shalba?
Old 2013-01-26, 20:29   Link #782
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
i believe youre not reading the LN throughout yet.
-Rias and Sona have match coz it's rating game for young promising devil and it's turn out they meet in first match. just think it like football league, your team will eventually meet all other team it's just matter of time.
That match was set up as an exibition match, but mainly because everyone laughed at Sonas dream and made fun of her, same as Rais as not wanting to loose a match. Its more or less humiliation for the looser. Thats just the way it feels. Sona put everything she had in this match. Up against the big guns, she had to even use cheap tricks. I do feel bad for her. High Devils are just a$$ses really.

Quote:
-in battle with Raiser she is surrendered since her side is already has no battle power.

-in Ise vs Saji battle, it's true that Ise KOed Saji in 1 on 1 battle but unknown to him Saji has drained his blood[imagine his HP got drained bit by bit] and this factor lead to Ise defeat after Asia healing got reversed[if heal reversed it's become damage
Well she still had Asia, but she surrendered. Asia would of been killed anyway so yes it doesnt really matter.

Sure, Saji may of drained Issie to the point of being weak. But Issie was still active on the field doing his boob talking power right, then Asia killed him. It will come up on the scorecard/game log as being killed by Asia no ? Like scoring an own goal in soccer ? Can't really say she did it on purpose, but th result still stands. I am still laughing at it even now, that Asia is just so cute, and Saji has probably just been robbed.

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-01-26 at 20:40.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:33   Link #783
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

About the discussion on vol 5 fight, that is on Ise for being naive. Ise had too much sympathy for Saji to put him down quickly in that fight and that lead to his defeat later on. Considering that Ise was fighting his friend, it is understandable that he was being naive. I think he already learnt his lesson from that fight, that even in a rating game, show no mercy to your opponent even if he is your friend and you feel bad for him.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:47   Link #784
Velsy

Heh, I know I am a little (alot O-o) behind . But I am liking the novel, and it kinda helps to get opinions on events I cant fully proccess or better understandings.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:57   Link #785
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Well she still had Asia, but she surrendered. Asia would of been killed anyway so yes it doesnt really matter.
Yes, Rias did still have Asia, however, she was sealed by Raiser Queen. So she couldn't participated in the battle to heal Ise and Rias.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:03   Link #786
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Heh, I know I am a little (alot O-o) behind . But I am liking the novel, and it kinda helps to get opinions on events I cant fully proccess or better understandings.
Don't worry its good that you put out your opinions, that way you are getting caught up with the story. Personally as long as you don't ask the same questions over and over again, then I have no problems with.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:13   Link #787
peinmaximus@

hey guys,sorry for ask it again but you think that euclid is in maou level or he will be weak how shalba(weak to ise in crimson queen)?
obs:I think that ise will mastered his divine divide powers in his fight with this guy.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:14   Link #788
Velsy

I dont quite follow :/

Quote:
We had won.

However, half of us, consisting of me, Xenovia, Asia and Gasper, had been taken out, and the Gremory group which had been said to be overwhelmingly superior before the game had our estimation lowered.

Our estimation seemed to have particularly lowered because of how Gasper had been lost so quickly right at the start and how I, the Sekiryuutei, had been taken out. As the natural result hadn’t come about, the evaluation of those at the top was harsh.

Buchou—appeared completely mortified
So they had a scratchy win, enemy preformed better than expected. Alot to learn from this game and reflect, but they should at least give each other a high 5 and say, we got our first win.

Maybe I just dont have the same mentality. I just dont get why can't they do this. I think the highlight of this match was the team didnt fall apart when Issie went down. Rias kepted her calm and focus, kiba new what he had to do, Akeno getting pissed was acceptable because her will to fight was still there. This was something Azezel was concerned with beforehand.

Why is estimation being lowered on the winning team ? Xenvia taken out by an instant trap card, same with Asia, no way to to predict and time to respond to that. It was all over the second it happend. It should be oppisite. estimation should be improved on the loosing team in my opinion

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-01-26 at 21:31.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:30   Link #789
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,sorry for ask it again but you think that euclid is in maou level or he will be weak how shalba(weak to ise in crimson queen)?
obs:I think that ise will mastered his divine divide powers in his fight with this guy.
It's doubt, he is at Maou level. Most likely weaker than Shalba or at the same level as Shalba without Ophis's snake. Also you once ask what kind of power he has, right ? It's probably the same as Grayfia.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:41   Link #790
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

So they had a scratchy win, enemy preformed better than expected. Alot to learn from this game and reflect, but they should at least give each other a high 5 and say, we got our first win.

Maybe I just dont have the same mentality. I just dont get why can't they do this. I think the highlight of this match was the team didnt fall apart when Issie went down. Rias kepted her calm and focus, kiba new what he had to do, Akeno getting pissed was acceptable because her will to fight was still there. This was something Azezel was concerned with beforehand.
Most critics and such would judge the Gremory group harshly by just getting in that bad situation. Nevertheless, this was Rias first official rating game match and she had a lot of potential so that is why criticism was very large. From the spectator view, this was Gremory's dominating and easy win, they looked on paper of the level of servants and such.

Ise went down due to his kind heart and sympathy for Saji and allowed the fight to progress way longer than it should, if Ise just went ahead and just one hit KO Saji then the wire that was draining his blood would have been found quickly and the results would end a lot better for the team. Not only that, Xenovia didn't take into account of technique types and let her guard down when she was intent on just destroying her opponent which cause a lot of problems and questioning of Xenovia's battle experience for not being cautious of her enemy's ability and went straight ahead to a fight without analyzing. She is an experience fighter of taking down many mythological creatures during her time in the Church so she should have not underestimated her opponent. Gasper, well not much help can be done there. Asia on the other hand jumped too early to heal Ise and forgot about her enemy which allowed a counter attack and took her out.

Coupled with Akeno getting out of control and the losses I mentioned above, the result harshly made the assumption that Rias was incompetent of being a leader in the eyes of the Underworld. Though that may have been too harsh since the Gremory's destructive powers were restricted due to rules that was place thus handicapping them.

Good thing is that they learned from their mistakes and gotten stronger. If a rematch was going to take place, the same tricks that Sona did before will not work. Ise now understands the importance of the rating game and will not allow his personal feelings to take into effect when it comes to defeating a friend he can easily put down. He can still allow emotion to encourage him to fight smarter and to eliminate his opponents like he did to Sairaorg's Queen, quick and powerful thus taking her out of the fight before she can put of a defense. Xenovia is not the type to fall for the same tricks and especially hate to lose to the same opponent and is currently using technique to coupled her enormous power that rivals Ise. Asia has learnt new ways to use her powers like the way she use a bow and arrow to transfer healing power and perform the healing as an aura that would only heal allies. Gasper has now develop a tolerance of pain courtesy of learning from examples of Ise who will not go down and has develop his sacred gear skills and other techniques. The Underworld also consider Rias' team a type High tier team that even Raiser himself who was undefeated before the battle with Ise said that his team will lose badly if they had a rematch.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:47   Link #791
GundamFan

Quote:

Why is estimation being lowered on the winning team ? Xenvia taken out by an instant trap card, same with Asia, no way to to predict and time to respond to that. It was all over the second it happend. It should be oppisite. estimation should be improved on the loosing team in my opinion
Because Rias group was expected to easily win and instead endup with an ugly victory. It's like in football if you're team wins by field goal you score in the last 10 seconds and the pre-game predictions had you figured as winning 49-0 that would be about as what happened with Rias group.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:52   Link #792
sky black swordman

@ReaperxKingx, Well said.

Even now I wonder, who was came up with the rule that restricted Rias's destructive powers ? Most of the rules went against Rias group not Sona's.
Old 2013-01-26, 21:58   Link #793
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
@ReaperxKingx, Well said.

Even now I wonder, who was came up with the rule that restricted Rias's destructive powers ? Most of the rules went against Rias group not Sona's.
True, but it also a lesson for Rias and the group. Possessing all out unrivaled destruction is a great thing to have, but having that alone is not good on all situations. We are now seeing the group develop techniques and such after learning from their battles with Sona and the Khaos Brigade.

So overall that was very unfair of the rules place against them in the rating game with Sona, but it still served a purpose and a lesson for Rias' group.
Old 2013-01-26, 22:00   Link #794
peinmaximus@

hey n0m@n,how is the scene of ise in the bath with ravel?
and the vampire that talk with ise and the others appears in the live 2?
Old 2013-01-26, 22:22   Link #795
Velsy

I have to say, most suprising thing. Kiba didnt get the man of the match. I thought he put in a great performance. I was even declaring him with a man of the match performance after I read it (not knowing there actually was one ). But it turn out going to Saji ?..... It's like whats been said already, Issie being naive and not realizing he was being drained lead to his weakend defeated state. Sure I thought Saji gave a brave fight and the best on Sonas side. But looks like Kiba got overlooked ? (fought a 3 vs 2, then 3 vs 1 and took out 2, excellant performance vs the queen, so much reverse used on him and nice counter to the Alice Mirror) . But I guess I can just stay it was awarded as Odins favourit. I am fine to leave it at that for now. Its not an issue, just thinking Kiba was overlooked for sure!.

But giving it some more thought while writing this, I guess it could be a good moral boost for Saji.
Old 2013-01-26, 22:26   Link #796
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I have to say, most suprising thing. Kiba didnt get the man of the match. I thought he put in a great performance. I was even declaring him with a man of the match perferomance after I read it (not knowing there actually was one ). But it turn out going to Saji ?..... It's like whats been said already, Issie being naive and not realizing he was being drained lead to his weakend defeated state. Sure I thought Saji gave a brave fight and the best on Sonas side. But looks like Kiba got overlooked ? (fought a 3 vs 2, then 3 vs 1 and took out 2, excellant performamce vs the queen, so much reverse used on him and nice counter to the Alice Mirror) . But I guess I can just stay it was awarded as Odins favourit. I am fine to leave it at that for now. Its not an issue, just thinking Kiba was overlooked for sure!.

But giving it some more thought while writing this, I guess it could be a good moral boost for Saji.
Saji was given the MVP of the match because it was unexpected. Kiba is already well known for his technique and skills by the time Ise even arrive so its not a surprise that he done well in the rating match.

Ise's naivety is probably the biggest mistake during the rating game because it lead to another member of the team being lost which is Asia and provided motivation for the opponent.

Kindness is a virtue that is nice , but there is a time and place for it, definitely not on a battlefield of a rating game. Still that is what we love about Ise, kindness to a fault.
Old 2013-01-26, 22:32   Link #797
Velsy

I really hope no relations were tarnished. Be nice to know they can go by the famous unwritten rule "what happens on the field, stays on the field"

Quote:
Still that is what we love about Ise, kindness to a fault.
yeah, me too ^_^
Old 2013-01-26, 23:20   Link #798
n0m@n
C-Z

In volume 5 Rias calls Tannin, "Tannin", and Tannin calls Rias, "Rias-ojou".
In volume 14 Rias addresses Tannin as "Tannin-sama" when she speaks of his name front of Mephisto Pheles.

I cant remember who it was, but someone asked me why Rias didnt call Tannin, "Tannin-sama" when he is supposed to be a Ultimate-class Devil(Rias is High-class Devil). Looks like the author fixed some parts.
Old 2013-01-26, 23:21   Link #799
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
In volume 5 Rias calls Tannin, "Tannin", and Tannin calls Rias, "Rias-ojou".
In volume 14 Rias addresses Tannin as "Tannin-sama" when she speaks of his name front of Mephisto Pheles.

I cant remember who it was, but someone asked me why Rias didnt call Tannin, "Tannin-sama" when he is supposed to be a Ultimate-class Devil(Rias is High-class Devil). Looks like the author fixed some parts.
She's probably just being extra polite since she is in front of Tannin's master.
Old 2013-01-26, 23:44   Link #800
n0m@n
C-Z

But using it sure fixed some holes.
it also seems like the author checks 2chan regular. I mean lots of people including myself were talking stuff about some things 'weird' or 'unclear' parts of DxD, and volume 14 actually answers many of them.

Oh. By the way Asia got a new alias. "Panties Sister".

Funny moments(Asia making a pact with Fafnir, and Fafnir receives Asia's panties):
[Treasure, the pantie, I have come to receive. I, panties, very happy.]
"Fafnir-san! Ddraig-san has a weak spirit! As a fellow legendary Dragon, are you able to cure him!?"
[I can.]
"Is that true!? I beg you! Please make Ddraig-san return back to normal!"
[Treasure, give me.]
"......U-Understood. So this is the price for the pact......"
[Panties, they are treasure.]
Asia gives Fafnir her panties.
"Asia-tan's panties. Sniff, sniff.]
Ise tells him to stop sniffing.
"I can't become a bride anymore!"
[Panties, I have received. Ddraig, heal!]
Ddraig returns back to normal.
"Asiaaaa! It doesnt mean you cant become a bride anymore! I will take full responsibility, so dont worry!"
"Sob, Ise-san! I may be inexperience, but please take care of me!"
[Sniff sniff].

Tags
harem, school life, shounen