AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-01, 14:06   Link #41
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 658
That was a good chapter. This Island has a lot of history with Vega Punk and the two Admirals. The story is getting bigger now with Smoker and everyone else starting to converge to the same side of the Island. There have been a lot of conversations on den den mushi, A lot from Straw Hats and one from the CC Group and the PH group, I wonder how much did Smoker intercept? I wonder if Dr. Vega Punks failed experiment is still there? The Island sounded like it was recovering after Vega Punks Experiment. The Gas is being produced the PH guys and the Creatures attacking Luff are part of the CC group and the fire and Ice are products of Logia users. I wonder who is in charge of the CC group? I wonder if that Liquid guy was there with Vega Punk or one of the experiments? He knows little about Dr. Vega Punks work since he mentioned the laser. He looks kinda like he supposed to be logia. I wonder if he can take human form?
Old 2012-03-01, 15:34   Link #42
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
a bit off topic but talking Megellan reminds me.

How likely is it that with Akoji resigning andf Akianu getting a promotion. Megellan is now one of the Three Admirals. Also who would be the 3rd Admiral?

Personally, I'd still lean towards Magellan becoming a VA rather than an admiral, but that's just me. Either way, I do still find it quite likely that he'd transfer to the marines at some point during the skip.

BTW, this is a bit off-topic, but some folks may want to mosey on over to the SBS thread right about now. Info from Blue Deep is starting to leak out, after all.....
Old 2012-03-01, 16:58   Link #43
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Finally One piece is regaining that epic sense of adventure which hasn't been there for a year or so.
Old 2012-03-01, 19:05   Link #44
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Kinda getting tired of these side adventures...
Old 2012-03-01, 22:22   Link #45
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Personally, I'd still lean towards Magellan becoming a VA rather than an admiral, but that's just me. Either way, I do still find it quite likely that he'd transfer to the marines at some point during the skip.

BTW, this is a bit off-topic, but some folks may want to mosey on over to the SBS thread right about now. Info from Blue Deep is starting to leak out, after all.....
But by transferring to Marine HQ, that preety much means that Magellan got demoted, considering that ID is a separate entity as Marine just as CP9 was and was only responsible to report to the WG directly.
Old 2012-03-01, 23:25   Link #46
golgo13

Some great theories regarding past usage of devil fruits and affecting the land. Its really interesting how the powers may have been reused, is this confirmed anywhere?
Old 2012-03-02, 02:14   Link #47
ronin myael
lost ronin

the liquid villain could be made of toxic waste. perhaps he's one of vegapunk's failed experiments in an attempt to recreate a DF ability. maybe the toxic gas that smoker was talking about was caused by this experiment and resulted into our liquid guy. the place is named punk hazard after all.
Old 2012-03-02, 11:02   Link #48
Mateus

The big question is... "Is the slime guy a shichibukai?" and What is "CC", and does it stand for "Captain Crunch?"
Old 2012-03-02, 11:33   Link #49
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
The big question is... "Is the slime guy a shichibukai?" and What is "CC", and does it stand for "Captain Crunch?"
Of course! Captain Crunch - I knew CC stood for something familiar, just couldn't quite put my finger on it!
Old 2012-03-02, 11:57   Link #50
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But by transferring to Marine HQ, that preety much means that Magellan got demoted, considering that ID is a separate entity as Marine just as CP9 was and was only responsible to report to the WG directly.

I know, but really, since Magellan already had plenty of experience in handling criminals as ID's warden, it shouldn't be too hard for him to shoot up in the ranks during the skip.....

I mean, look at Sentoumaru. He wasn't a marine when he was introduced, either (his intro had clearly labeled him as Vegapunk's bodyguard and something like "captain of the science unit"), but he became a marine after the skip, did he not? True, we didn't get his rank yet (hopefully, Blue Deep will tell us that), but he was already powerful enough to be a rear or vice-admiral, so I assume those are around the ranks he managed to reach at the current timeline.....

And speaking of Blue Deep..... once again, I'll point out that everyone should keep an eye on that SBS thread.
Old 2012-03-02, 20:45   Link #51
golgo13

Wonder if this master guy was there when the admirals where fighting. Maybe in some different form and they somehow triggered this new form of his, some crazy condensation since they represent hot and cold; i know it doesn't make much sense.

If this guy was a result of an accident 4yrs ago, what was he doing 2yrs ago??
Old 2012-03-03, 03:00   Link #52
Casshern

Can anyone remind me, has Smoker had a proper encounter with Luffy since Logue Town? Iirc there was another time he almost caught Luffy but Ace got in the way, but have they actually had any fight or conversation since their first meeting?
Old 2012-03-03, 03:48   Link #53
Undertaker

If I remember correctly, that incident was in Alabasta. Other then that, there was a short skirmish during the Summit War that was interpreted by Hancock and the indication is that Hancock has the upper hand in that battle in a fairly comfortable manner.
Old 2012-03-03, 16:02   Link #54
marvelB

Something I find interesting is that we still haven't had any clear indication as to who the arc's enemies are yet. I mean, we already know that a warlord is somehow involved with PH, but we still don't know for sure whether or not he's the master of those masked guys (many of us suspect he is, but we still can't be certain). Plus, we still don't really know who the enemy's chief officers are yet, either. I mean, chances are good that the harpy is one, but are the mutants really the biggest threats that Luffy and co. will face this arc? Is there anyone amongst those masked dudes who wouldn't get taken down by a single blow from one of the monster trio? Heck, is it even guaranteed that the dismembered samurai is a friend?! So many questions are raised from these last few chapters, indeed.....
Old 2012-03-03, 16:13   Link #55
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Somehow, I think that the biggest fight will end up being with Smoker - he's long overdue for a punch from Luffy

Then again, they might actually work together to expose whatever is going on on the island...
Old 2012-03-03, 16:20   Link #56
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Something I find interesting is that we still haven't had any clear indication as to who the arc's enemies are yet. I mean, we already know that a warlord is somehow involved with PH, but we still don't know for sure whether or not he's the master of those masked guys (many of us suspect he is, but we still can't be certain). Plus, we still don't really know who the enemy's chief officers are yet, either. I mean, chances are good that the harpy is one, but are the mutants really the biggest threats that Luffy and co. will face this arc? Is there anyone amongst those masked dudes who wouldn't get taken down by a single blow from one of the monster trio? Heck, is it even guaranteed that the dismembered samurai is a friend?! So many questions are raised from these last few chapters, indeed.....
Ya its pretty confusing. As of now there are many groups:

- luffy crew split into 3 groups
- original person that called luffy's ship
- samurai
- marines
- master + PH henchmen
- harpy
- kids
- centaurs
- person talking to harpy on den den
- CC
- shichibukai

Some of these are the same, but its not clear how yet.
Old 2012-03-03, 19:21   Link #57
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Ya its pretty confusing. As of now there are many groups:

- luffy crew split into 3 groups
- original person that called luffy's ship
- samurai
- marines
- master + PH henchmen
- harpy
- kids
- centaurs
- person talking to harpy on den den
- CC
- shichibukai

Some of these are the same, but its not clear how yet.
I will bet that the Master = CC and is the one who was speaking to the harpy (unless CC is the name of a corporation or a group), then it's just the latter.
Old 2012-03-05, 22:15   Link #58
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I will bet that the Master = CC and is the one who was speaking to the harpy (unless CC is the name of a corporation or a group), then it's just the latter.
It's possible, although I found it odd that the person on the phone called them intruders and not escapees.
Old 2012-03-07, 01:18   Link #59
Mateus

So no spoilers yet?
Old 2012-03-07, 03:01   Link #60
marvelB

^Actually, yes, there are.
Closed Thread