AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-20, 09:49   Link #681
eggplant
Eggplant

The official title for the new Galaxy Angel anime series was announced today at the CharaHobby 2006 Show.

Galaxy Angeluun (ギャラクシーエンジェる〜ん) is the title, which will air on TV Tokyo from October 1 at 2:00 AM.

Animation will be done by Satellite.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 17:49   Link #682
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
I don't see them remaking it now that Suzuoki died. He's too important a character to recast, and there would be much more outrage over the recast then there was over Four's recast in the movie. Perhaps they could use stock audio...it's a possibility but I think Suzuoki dying really hurts its chances.
True, that's why I only said slightly. However, bringing in new voice actors is certainly not unheard of. The Zeta movies themselves are the perfect example of this. Although Sara wasn't really famous like Bright Noa. Still if they want to make an MSG remake, there'd be nothing to really stop them from bringing in a new VA for Bright Noa. Except for maybe an outcry from fans, but they could just go "Hey, them's the breaks kids" and bring in the new VA anyway. Bandai would probably most certaionly push for Sunrise to do this if they think they can turn it into another cash cow.

But I'll never forget the beautiful job that Suzuoki did as Bright Noa.
Old 2006-08-22, 09:12   Link #683
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The official site for GR -GIANT ROBO- anime has opened:

http://gr-anime.com/
Heeeey.... is that a remake of Giant Robo?! The short teaser looked sort of nice, though..

I'm sorta interested in the Votoms remake only because I found FLAG immensely realistic and enjoyable and this remake will be directed by the same main guy behind FLAG.
Old 2006-08-22, 09:45   Link #684
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Air Gear is pretty good so far. Some parts were out of whack, but I'm still watching it... and will probably keep going to.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 11:17   Link #685
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Heeeey.... is that a remake of Giant Robo?! The short teaser looked sort of nice, though..
Ahh, read this.
For now it seems that its only a speculation from MoonPhase >.<
Old 2006-08-23, 06:37   Link #686
NeoSam

Not new, but probably one of the stuff I missed :P

==========

永遠の法
Eien no Hou
The Laws of Eternity

Broadcast: September 30, 2006

http://www.eien-movie.jp

A movie.

Based on a book by Ryuho Okawa.
Read here about The Laws of Eternity:
http://www.irhpress.co.jp/books/eternity/index.html

There's also a manga thats based on the book, and its called Manga Eien no Hou.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Publisher: Koufuku no Kagaku Shuppan
Published under the comic imprint OR Comics.

A trailer can be viewed here:
http://www.eien-movie.jp/yokoku/index.html

Genre: Fantasy, Adventure

==========
Old 2006-08-23, 07:38   Link #687
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I'm sorta interested in the Votoms remake only because I found FLAG immensely realistic and enjoyable and this remake will be directed by the same main guy behind FLAG.
What? Directed by the director of FLAG, Terada or the creator of FLAG, Takahashi?

I hope this VOTOMs remake will be awesome. I've enjoyed the original tremendously for it's strong emphasis on military tactics and somewhat borderlining realistic depiction of "real" real mecha genre.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 08:43   Link #688
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

In pre-production.

==========

超獣機神ダンクーガ
Chojuu Kishin Dancougar
Super Beast Machine God

Broadcast: Possibly October 2007.

From Anime News Service.

Quote:
News continues to filter in from Charahobby 2006 held this past weekend in Tokyo. Animation studio Ashi Productions had an interesting poster at their booth (seen left). They plan to produce a sequel to their 38 episode 1985 mecha TV anime Choujuu Kishin (Super Beast Machine God) Dancougar. Tentatively being titled "Shin Dancougar", the new work will take the form of a TV series to be directed by Masami Obari (Fatal Fury, Gowkaizer). Oddly enough, one of Obari's first professional anime jobs was designing the mecha in the original Dancougar. According to AshiPro, the project is in the pre production phase where staff are still being gathered, they say look for the new series in about 1 years time.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 09:27   Link #689
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
In pre-production.

==========

超獣機神ダンクーガ
Chojuu Kishin Dancougar
Super Beast Machine God

From Anime News Service.
I just came in my pants. That's the last thing I expected from the SR universe. A Dancougar sequel.

All we need now is a Tobikage sequel, a new Macross, a DENDOH sequel among a few other obscure ones and we can sit back and get ready for the New Wave of Mecha.

Seriously, an upcoming SRW OG 1 TV series adaption, SEED movie, possible 2007 Gundam, VOTOMs 2007, Giant Robo, GaoGaiGar sequel, Dancougar sequel, a new Sousei no Aquarion, a possible new EVA, etc.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 12:01   Link #690
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
What? Directed by the director of FLAG, Terada or the creator of FLAG, Takahashi?

I hope this VOTOMs remake will be awesome. I've enjoyed the original tremendously for it's strong emphasis on military tactics and somewhat borderlining realistic depiction of "real" real mecha genre.
The creator (and overall director), Takahashi.

I'm hearing great things about Dancougar in that it's directed by Masami Oobari (大張正己) who is one of the really key people in coming up and producing those really high-powered adrenaline-filled OP and robot sequences in older robot anime. He's likely to attract a lot of animators because he's so well known, or at least that's what's being said. But at the same time it might be competing for good freelance animators with the other mecha show of interest that's popping up around the same time, Gainax's Gurren-Lagann thingy.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:03   Link #691
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
In pre-production.

==========

超獣機神ダンクーガ
Chojuu Kishin Dancougar
Super Beast Machine God

From Anime News Service.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

A Busou Renkin anime, a Votoms remake, possibly a new Eva, and now a Dancougar sequel. The anime world is becoming true paradise......

[In Lahlah Land]

Now all that needs top happen is an Original MSG remake, a Geobreeders TV series, a Black Cat remake, a Jinki: Extend remake, and the 2007 Gundam series being a new alternate universe.

[/In Lahlah Land]
Old 2006-08-24, 15:27   Link #692
NeoSam

More Votoms details:

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
New VOTOMS Series Details
The official VOTOMS Blog has been updated with images and and a report of the new anime series announcement this past weekend at CharaHobby. Original series creator and Director Ryosuke Takahashi mentioned their project name for the new anime is "Scopedog21C". The project is currently being advanced through production at Sunrise now. Takahashi said he was quite eager at directing a work after a long time away from such duties.
Old 2006-08-26, 10:34   Link #693
NeoSam

Toei has opened a site for Gin-iro no Olynssis: (mentioned in this post)

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/olynssis/

And from Anime News Service:

Quote:
50 Years Of Toei Animation - New Projects Hinted
Another Asahi article today talks about Toei's 50th Aniversary celebration. It's said the studio has 7 series (the most ever) running on TV in Japan now. Over the last half century they have produced 168 TV anime total and 185 anime movies. For 2007 they plan to release a new film adaptaion of Riyoko Ikeda's manga Versailles No Bara (Rose of Versailles). Additionally an original full CG project based on Shigeru Mizuki's "Gegege no Kitaro" is now progressing.
Old 2006-08-27, 02:58   Link #694
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

VOTOMs will be good. I can feel it in my bones. If Gundam was heavily influenced by Starship Troopers and World War II motifs, VOTOMS in retrospect is a little more inspired by the Vietnam War et al. I.E. a very down and dirty series. In fact, that's probably what appeals to me--while I love the Gundam franchise, I also feel that a series that doesn't have characteristic 'hero' mecha but just grunts is good, and VOTOMs fits that.

I seem to recall a quote sometime back that when Kunio Okawara was doing the original VOTOMs mecha designs, that the director wanted "Something that looked like it was built from a Garbage Dump". ^_^
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 15:56   Link #695
NeoSam

First Ayu Mayu Gekijou (あゆまゆ劇場) and now yay yay yay yay yay yay >.< yes yes yes yes yes yes >.< >.< yay yay yay yay yay yay >.< and yay I can't believe this, another Kimi ga Nozomu Eien anime got announced yay yay yay

==========

君が望む永遠 “遙ルート”
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien "Haruka Route"

Based on a bishoujo game. (its an ero-game)

Creator of the game: Age-Soft

Site of the company: (Warning: do not access this site unless you are 18+)
http://www.age-soft.co.jp/

Genre: Seinen, Drama, Romance

==========

And its Haruka Route yay yay yay
Old 2006-08-27, 16:03   Link #696
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
What? O_o
Haruka Route , A Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, so the PS2 Scenario Version On Anime? Or The After Akane Maniax who tells about Haruka Afterlife?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 16:40   Link #697
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
First Ayu Mayu Gekijou (あゆまゆ劇場) and now yay yay yay yay yay yay >.< yes yes yes yes yes yes >.< >.< yay yay yay yay yay yay >.< and yay I can't believe this, another Kimi ga Nozomu Eien anime got announced yay yay yay
I didn't understand your post at all.

Can you provide a link to the announcement?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 22:04   Link #698
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So they're making another KGNE series with the Haruka ending for the Haruka fans? Wow...

I'm not dissappointed or anything mind you....I just didn't see that coming at all...my huge shock level cancelled out my "OMFGWTF??!!!"-ness.
Old 2006-08-27, 23:03   Link #699
Narumi
*Fansubber

And then it's mysteriously gone...
Old 2006-08-27, 23:10   Link #700
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Have we run out of games to translate or something? A remake of Kanon, (essentially) a remake of KGNE. Wow, I know some people who are going to be happy if they get around to Shuffle and Canvas 2.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-08-27 at 23:26.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers