AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 03:01   Link #41
blewin

pretty good episode. Great to see Naruto finally mastering the technique. It feels lame at first to see him simply make another clone for the technique, but it also fits Naruto's character and really shouldn't be surprising.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 06:48   Link #42
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
2 things I want to comment about:

1. A stronger Rasengan .... WTF?!!! this is getting old.... while Sasuke is training and getting some kick @ss abilities all Naruto is going to come up with is an improved version of his rasengan?? wow... thats really screwed up... No one can guarantee that he'll even hit anyone with that thing (as most have already said). ....(its like only giving Ichigo in Bleach Tensa zangetsu and thats it)

Maybe a technique that will help him improve his speed would be more effective and would actually give him a better chance of hitting the enemy with his rasengan...(remember that Sasuke is already a lot faster/stronger than naruto) .. We'll have to see if they are going to include some interesting variation to this technique because otherwise things are going downhill for Naruto

2. OK so Asuma died.... now the question is "Who will seek revenge and try to kill the immortal guy?" ..... will it be Shikamaru and team 10 OR will it be Asuma's lover Kurenai? Or maybe a Combo between Team 10 and Kurenai??? .... It would be interesting if she joined Team 10 in order to go after Akatsuki .....

Feel free to elaborate on these 2 ....
One can only hope that when Naruto gets older...he'll be able to make Rasengan/Super Rasengan w/out the need of a clone...that'll be a major step up from his current lvl imo

As for revenge on Hidan...don't think one can say w/out spoilers :3
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 07:13   Link #43
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
I just realised how highly entertaining it is to read the speculations and inquiries from people who haven't read the manga. I don't mean it in a patronizing way, just that it adds a complete different level of fun to it when you know what happened and the other person is still guessing.

IMO, the arc about the revenge for Asuma against hidan and Kakuzu is very well done and good fights. Hope the anime does justice to it.
LeoThugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 10:15   Link #44
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Its good enough to drag a retired Narutard back to watch the anime. Although they screwed up half of the reason I'm back :mumbles about censored smoking:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 10:37   Link #45
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post

It's funny how they used to be so pro-NaruHina. They like their SaiSaku moments too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.

And WORLD DOMINATION, how original.

even in the Omake they have Sakura worrying about Naruto when he was turning Kyuubi
Old 2008-10-26, 10:04   Link #46
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
And WORLD DOMINATION, how original.
there's taking over corporations
there's taking over towns and cities
there's taking over countries
and den' there's taking over the world
then there's the occasional, "TO HELL WITH IT! *blows up the world*"

srsly, not a lot to choose from
Old 2008-10-26, 12:40   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really am worried about Naruto's variety. All that work and he just ends up with a stronger version of the rasengan. Not that its bad to have something that powerful, but its not dealing with some major problems. The set up is so obvious will be hard to find someone dumb enough to just stand there and take it. Just be nice to work on the agility and add something different to the arsenal.
Old 2008-10-26, 13:46   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

Stay tuned then...

Naruto sure will have something pretty badass.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:04   Link #49
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I really am worried about Naruto's variety. All that work and he just ends up with a stronger version of the rasengan. Not that its bad to have something that powerful, but its not dealing with some major problems. The set up is so obvious will be hard to find someone dumb enough to just stand there and take it. Just be nice to work on the agility and add something different to the arsenal.
Shikamaru got a better version of the kagemane. Lee got better at taijutsu. Neji strengthened the Hyuuga clan techniques. Tenten got more weapons. Sasuke seems to have a better sharingan. Kiba got a bigger dog.

I don't think Kishimoto wants his characters to have more variety. They basically get stronger versions of their trademark techniques.

With Naruto that means a more uber rasengan.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 18:05   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I quickly got Kakashi's demonstration with his shadow clones to understand what Naruto have meant about facing both sides at the same time.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Akatsuki's goal:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 18:09   Link #51
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Then Akatsuki will stand at the top of the electrical companies!! IT'S BRILLIANT!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 20:02   Link #52
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I remember the training scene from the manga, but I forgot about Kakashi's facial expression when Naruto told him about the looking to the left/right part...Something about that wide-eyed look Kakashi pulled off just screams "Smart-ass"...

That's the only thing I can really gather from this, other than Mr. Akatsuki Hotshot's gunning for a main role spot if Hollywood makes a sequel to "Lord of War"...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 20:58   Link #53
Genius-kun
Away for a bit...
*Scanlator

Fail episode, Pain is as evil as ever, Naruto is as noob and lucky as ever

Genius-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:15   Link #54
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
I usually skip over OPs and EDs but for whatever reason I decided to watch the ED in full this time. It was actually really appropriate. Can't think of a better one in awhile.

Can't wait to see team 10's revenge animated. Suffice to say I thought that the series should be renamed to "Shikamaru" after I saw it in the manga.

EDIT: I do kind of find it lame that they didn't have Shikamaru smoking Asuma's cigarettes. Maybe they didn't want to give kids the wrong idea....

Last edited by kikko_s; 2008-10-26 at 21:28.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:42   Link #55
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Yeah, of all the things the anime team wanted to expand on the manga, they decided to spare Shikamaru's lungs...

Asterisk on Deidara during the Two-Tails extraction scene, for the anime-only people that thought Deidara went emo on himself and committed suicide...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 00:28   Link #56
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Although one does wonder how he plans to do this when Akatsuki members keep getting killed...
Old 2008-10-27, 01:08   Link #57
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

He has Tobi! Tobi a good boy ! ( I really like that dialogue part he gave to Zetsu when looking for the ring)

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:36   Link #58
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
I do kind of find it lame that they didn't have Shikamaru smoking Asuma's cigarettes. Maybe they didn't want to give kids the wrong idea....
Of course that's the reason. You won't see an underage smoking on a japanese TV program. Not on a program that air at 7:30 PM at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Asterisk on Deidara during the Two-Tails extraction scene, for the anime-only people that thought Deidara went emo on himself and committed suicide...
What are you talking about? He was shown being alive the episode after he faked his suicide.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 08:10   Link #59
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I quickly got Kakashi's demonstration with his shadow clones to understand what Naruto have meant about facing both sides at the same time.

Spoiler:

akatsuki are behind EA
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 08:27   Link #60
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
I usually skip over OPs and EDs but for whatever reason I decided to watch the ED in full this time. It was actually really appropriate. Can't think of a better one in awhile.
honestly...the one thing that bothered me about the OP was at the very end when Naruto jumps up into the sky...I was like..."uh...what?" it just looked really...off to me.