AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-30, 09:34   Link #241
KrimzonStriker

Being highly emotional triggers a permanent Geass? Good job Lelouch, why don't you just kill him now instead... >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 11:56   Link #242
WhiteWings

Lelouch is one who probably considers that those who incur his wrath don't deserve a quick death. He's the type who'd leave his foes in a lingering torment or suffering.

I wonder if Lolo's geass will be stuck alone iff his geass becomes too powerful like Lelouch's geass did. Like being stuck with no-one to interact personally since everyone is frozen in a different time zone.
Old 2008-04-30, 12:47   Link #243
greyhawk
Some dude

Er, actually when were his Geass' details fully explained? Like its radius, duration, mental strain and stuff?
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 12:51   Link #244
KrimzonStriker

It's all based on observation and stuff actually, from the demonstration of how he uses it. Only a few seconds given how long he takes to do everything when we slow things down to his time-frame and when we pull back to the rest of the cast, and the observed 'radius' that pops out every time he uses it >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 13:13   Link #245
greyhawk
Some dude

Yeah, but the radius never failed him, which makes me think he can adjust it to suit his needs (although there should be a maximum range). The same with its duration I think, like when he took the gun away from Lelouch, we all know he only needed 2 seconds to kill Lelouch. But it appeared he didn't want to kill him just yet.
And there should be other limits as well.
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 13:17   Link #246
KrimzonStriker

I don't know, it basically follows that he can only hold it for a short time since he has to constantly reactivate it during combat in stuff. Why bother if he can hold it longer is all I'm saying? As for the radius, it could have gotten bigger as he grew up and grew stronger, that's been stated to happen for Geass users after all, and all we have for comparison is what we saw when he was 6 in Turn 4 and during Turn 3 >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 14:15   Link #247
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm curious about the time limit. The whole thing with the guy where he walked up and took the gun seemed like it would have taken a little while. I wonder if he can choose to release it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 14:55   Link #248
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm curious about the time limit. The whole thing with the guy where he walked up and took the gun seemed like it would have taken a little while. I wonder if he can choose to release it.
why bother letting people unfreeze in the first place then?

Actually, it doesn't seem that off with how long Villetta and that guy he killed in turn 3 stood still. The only odd bit is how long Lelouch was frozen, which was extremely short by comparison. Maybe he's particularly strong against that sort of thing for some reason? his own geass? the level at which he thinks? the fact he was expecting to have his sense of time frozen before Rollo used it?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 14:57   Link #249
KrimzonStriker

Well, Lelouch did have a point, Rolo was hesitant about the whole thing to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised if he subconsciously released it on purpose just because it was Lelouch >_>
Old 2008-04-30, 14:58   Link #250
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, I suppose factors like the strength of the mind could matter, though it could also be that Rollo can release it when he likes as long as it doesn't go past a certain limit.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 09:31   Link #251
Yonsil

Can he not just cover his eye?
Like Lulu?
Yonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 11:10   Link #252
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonsil View Post
Can he not just cover his eye?
Like Lulu?
Won't work.
It worked for Lelouch because people must see his eye to receive the command.
But Rolo's Geass doesn't have this limitation.
It didn't save Mao from hearing all those voices when he covered his eyes.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 23:55   Link #253
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Rolo is bagged and ready for abuse.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 00:14   Link #254
Kusaja

I'm more interested in what his Geass weakness could be..they haven't told us, but it seems that'll come into play soon enough.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:22   Link #255
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Rollo will lose his awesomeness in time to come. I hope it's a trap for Lelouch. Rollo shouldn't trust Lelouch fully. Make it his last test. He will be disappointed if Lelouch used that weakness of him to trap him. That's if Rollo is that clever and as "cunning" as Suzaku.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:34   Link #256
Stretch5920

Rolo's weakness could be a ratio of time and people affected. For example,

1 person = 60 seconds
2 persons = 30 seconds
60 persons = 1 second.

something like that. Or even if it just the wider the range the less time.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:36   Link #257
KrimzonStriker

I'm on the it's a contingency plan on his part to test whether he can trust Lelouch or not myself, but we'll see. No use worrying until then...>_>
Old 2008-05-05, 10:39   Link #258
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I hope Rollo is intelligent enough to make this judgment. I won't be surprised if he is dense enough to spill out everything because he likes Lelouch and place full trust on him because he consider him as his "brother".

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:43   Link #259
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

The way Lulu is playing him nothing else but him spilling everything can be expected.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 10:46   Link #260
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

IMO Rolo won't be disposed of anytime soon. Lelouch has far too many problems [actually just a big one: Governor-General Nunnally] to have any time to kill Rolo. So I'm happy

I had mixed feelings in the "Kururugi Suzaku is also here. Shall I kill him?" scene. On one hand, it's nice to see Rolo's devotion to Lelouch. On the other hand, Lelouch is still clinging on to his feelings for Suzaku, who is obviously not into their friendship anymore. Gah. First friendships never die, I guess, at least for poor Lelouch. It cost him the war in R1, and now he STILL hasn't learned his lessons. What an idiot.

Wonder what Rolo's Geass' weakness is. Stretch's theory seems plausible. Any spoilers on that topic? lol. Most spoilers are just so accurate! Wonder if Sunrise really has no hand in this or if this is their plan all along... Wouldn't be surprised if it was just according to plan!
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote