Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-24, 14:09   Link #401
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Maybe both of these will happen rather early on like say before episode 12, so it's the "arc 1" finale as opposed to series finale kinda thing.
Maybe, but I was already suspicious from the beginning...

Spoiler for episode 4, anime PV:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 16:37   Link #402
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Episode 4 was a good slow episode. I though it was funny how Ryner made friends with the spider and the jailer and his family, to the point that they were really sad when they though he was going to get executed.

Ryner's and Ferris' first meeting was good and funny and I though it was great how Ferris admitted that Ryner was the only other person besides her brother to go easy on her.

At this point I would say that Lucile is more like the king than Sion, it seems like Sion is just one of Lucile pawns.

Next episode seems to be another slow and funny episode with Iris attacking Ryner.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 17:23   Link #403
Bombo
TSF Fans

Great episode...and so funny ..
1-First half part very cute and I like the littel girl ^^....
2- I fall for ferris now...I really love her comments with ryner HAHAHAHAHA,
best comment was "I get it. My beauty great enough to destroy the world "
OMG I LOVE HER MORE NOW .
3- sion damn funny and same time scared me when he said kiefer dead.
4- forced for mission..what a damn funny episode...

I can 't wait for next episode.!!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 22:08   Link #404
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The trope isn't that obvious, considering most of the time, we'd get a look into the
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD View Post
I want to know what happend to Kiefer? ..I am thinking she wont be a major part of the show but still I cant help but hope that she is . I like her and Ryner together but I get the feeling Ferris will mess that one up for me, its amazing how obvious they make it ..
If Kiefer's around too much, there'd be no development for Ferris/Ryner. One might as well call Kiefer the sex fiend.

And there's also the blonde-haired girl who also clearly has the hots for Ryner, but is being far less obvious about it compared to Kiefer.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 00:37   Link #405
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 4 was great. Got to see how Ryner and Ferris first meet. Wow, how about Daisuke Ono, He was born for this role as Sion, that bit of flair with the cape when he sat down. I think it's kind of funny Ferris has masculine name, and her brother has feminine name. Also the end of the episode in the throne room, reminded be a bit of Excel Saga and then Night Wizard.
Old 2010-07-25, 03:05   Link #406
klare

one more amazing thing about eps 4 is the report written by Ryner, which amazingly led to the start of the journey...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 07:51   Link #407
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*snicker* Reiner immediately going to sleep the moment he sees Sion on the throne was the top moment in this episode. I love how this show manages to capture the feel of Slayers without actually trying to be Slayers.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-07-25 at 08:04.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 07:55   Link #408
satomianzaki

"who was that voice just now?"
lucile eris...Big Brother is that you?...

seriously though, lucile is really scary...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 18:07   Link #409
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
+1 internet for lulz.

Now that you mention it, you are correct. I guess I got too stuck on the emotionless face thing.

Maybe both of these will happen rather early on like say before episode 12, so it's the "arc 1" finale as opposed to series finale kinda thing.
Spoilers in the PV aside, it's one heck of a PV.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 00:10   Link #410
JiGSaW
Boss Member

now i kno from ep 4 dat ryner n sion arent gay for each other... he said ferris is a hottie so at least hes normal
JiGSaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 03:30   Link #411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiGSaW View Post
now i kno from ep 4 dat ryner n sion arent gay for each other... he said ferris is a hottie so at least hes normal
There's nothing 'normal' about being interested in girls, so i wish you'd take that into consideration the next time you're talking about this topic.
Old 2010-07-26, 07:10   Link #412
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Wedding day for Ferris is gonna be a mission:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 10:33   Link #413
larethian

well, based on her equipment, Ryner really has to an 'M'.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 13:25   Link #414
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's nothing 'normal' about being interested in girls, so i wish you'd take that into consideration the next time you're talking about this topic.
No, actually, it is perfectly "normal" to be interested in girls. It's just that there's also nothing "abnormal" about not being interested in them...

The way he put it implied in context that there's something abnormal about being gay, which is, at best, inconsiderate. The way you put it flat out stated that there's "nothing normal" about being straight. Which is more offensive? I know what you're trying to say, but look at it from an inclusive perspective.
Old 2010-07-26, 14:30   Link #415
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD View Post
I want to know what happend to Kiefer? ..I am thinking she wont be a major part of the show but still I cant help but hope that she is . I like her and Ryner together but I get the feeling Ferris will mess that one up for me, its amazing how obvious they make it ..
Personally for a moment I thought Sion was serious about the Kiefer being dead thing. Since I honestly thought she's in more danger outside of prison than inside it. Good that she's alive though. Honestly more comfortable with Ryner and Kiefer together with the Ferris relationship staying as a bantering partnership.
Old 2010-07-26, 14:39   Link #416
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
No, actually, it is perfectly "normal" to be interested in girls. It's just that there's also nothing "abnormal" about not being interested in them...

The way he put it implied in context that there's something abnormal about being gay, which is, at best, inconsiderate. The way you put it flat out stated that there's "nothing normal" about being straight. Which is more offensive? I know what you're trying to say, but look at it from an inclusive perspective.
Alright sir, if you say so.
Old 2010-07-26, 16:19   Link #417
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 4 was a real treat as i have been waiting very impatiently for it lol.

I liked how they actually showed what Ryner was actually up too for the 2 years he was imprisoned. What really drove this episode for me was almost the entire episode focused on Ryners cell where he only had a candle for light. However they used the small window he had to tell us what season it was. I thought that was done incredible well since it showed that Ryner really didnt have a sense of time nor did he really care when he started working on his little research report. The guard was super nice keep Ryner company for hours on end and even his daughter knew who he was. He looked so sad when he thought he was leading Ryner to his execution.

Im sure it was bit of shock to Ryner to see Sion sitting on the throne as well now know that he passed the Eris family test or he would be a little light on top on the shoulders. What i didnt like was how Ryner did not even ask how this new situation came to be but thats Ryner style. I personally would like to know details of Sion being seated on the throne and exactly what measures the Eris family head Ferris's brother took to put him there. There had to be a number of people either killed or exiled as Sion mentioned he had numerous half brothers. Eris would have had to remove their threat or at least keep them in check.

I happen to think Sion made the right decision sending Ferris along she is the only that can keep his ass in line and make sure he doesnt sleep most of the time. But then again with her dango fetish its a wonder how either of them get anything accomplished. Im looking forward to more of their adventures together. Im not really planning on any romance happening between Ryner and Ferris but that doesnt mean i wouldnt welcome it. Just imagine a child with Ryner's powers and Ferris's sword skills.
Old 2010-07-26, 22:33   Link #418
eiyuu99

Ferris might push Ryner harder to keep up with her Dango indulgence.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 02:06   Link #419
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiGSaW View Post
Just give Sion a female Seiyuu and I'd never give it a second thought that Sion was a male character to begin with. Reversely, just take away some curves from Ferris and give her a male Seiyuu.
Honestly, character designs nowadays makes gender bender so easy.
Old 2010-07-27, 06:27   Link #420
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Honestly, character designs nowadays makes gender bender so easy.
Lol, very true on the gender bender thing even though Ryner, Ferris and Sion was Designed more than 8 years ago...
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen