AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-24, 19:42   Link #61
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Yeah, Houki pretty much always has the same expression: >:I

Generally, I tend to have a spot for tsunderes...but Houki, she´s just not getting one. She's way too tsun for my tastes...and I don't find her "dere" moments cute. Sorry if anyone feels offended by this. D: I'm not hating or anything, just saying what I think. D:

Anyway, Camp Charlotte for me.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:44   Link #62
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yes, i'm glad i liked Laura from the beginning. Even though Charlotte has all the good points and stole the show with her bath scene, Laura has the last laugh. So another ep this week where a kiss signifies marriage. Liked how she said your my husband and it's final.

Well got to see Laura's past. Suspected something with the eye was machine like so that explains the nano-machines, but didn't think she was genetically enhanced. So the VT System is what made Laura's IS transform and the reason why it looked like and resembled Chifuyu was because she wanted to be like her. So the reason she fell for Ichika is the same reason she liked Chifuyu.

Ichika was bad-ass when he only had his sword and that little armor to be able to defeat Laura. He's becoming better and better enough to look over his denseness imo. Though his reaction at the end was as dense as ever. Also he thought of only taking Houki out on a date for shopping, liked how she beat him up.

Props to Charlotte for using a page from Kyousuke's book. Didn't think she would reveal herself to the school, but its better because we get to see more of those legs. Is it because her whole mission was to gather data from the tournament, and now that it's cancelled she can't finish it? Well everyone's reaction to the news was great especially Laura.

So next week beach ep and Laura looks like she wants to get to Charlotte level.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:49   Link #63
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Ichika was bad-ass when he only had his sword and that little armor to be able to defeat Laura. He's becoming better and better enough to look over his denseness imo. Though his reaction at the end was as dense as ever. Also he thought of only taking Houki out on a date for shopping, liked how she beat him up.

Props to Charlotte for using a page from Kyousuke's book. Didn't think she would reveal herself to the school, but its better because we get to see more of those legs. Is it because her whole mission was to gather data from the tournament, and now that it's cancelled she can't finish it? Well everyone's reaction to the news was great especially Laura.

So next week beach ep and Laura looks like she wants to get to Charlotte level.
How more dense can you get? If a girl grabs you, kisses you and such surely even he would understand.
Old 2011-02-24, 20:13   Link #64
tsunade666

isn't oyome means wife? Laura said from now on your my wife or something like that with a super dere hnng cute face. This episode deserves a 10. But still I think Charlotte is super hnggggg in the bath scene. Now I want to wait for the blu-ray because of the omitted parts.....
Old 2011-02-24, 20:42   Link #65
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

This was the most win episode of the series so far. Awesome battle, with Charlotte being such a bag of hidden tricks. Love that spike arm.

Ichika's got the density of neutronium. And Laura's classic German takeover!!
Old 2011-02-24, 20:54   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't say I was really excited by this episode considering how awkward it was executed but well...

First, the match was a total mess with the camera not really giving a proper focus for the action (such like a zoom on Houki swinging her sword, then only afterward focus on Charlotte on the receiving end), which is worse with recycled animation sequences patched here and there quite obviously (most notable part was Ichika attacking Laura after realizing something is odd).

But again, the way they are handling Shield energy is just a chore: Byakushiki was shown with a value going like above 80, but suddenly dropping dry with an obvious alert (whereas it didn't happened in the previous occurence). Now, it is perhaps another nitpicking, but it just confirms that the energy blade is actually the shield nullifying attack, which means Ichika is just running dry almost all the time, because he doesn't seem to practice "pin point strikes" (therefore explaining why he was so low on energy back in Episode 7).
It is just... a frustrating to see a decently built universe (if you deliberately omit few points), but in practice, the action doesn't really go on the same direction.

At least, the animation wasn't bad for the non recycled sequences, although the way how it was stitched was a bit a glaring flaw.
On the positive side, the presence of an actual strategy and execution of it, with tactics being changed here and there was definitely a good sight. It is certainly a proper way to deal with a fight of this kind.

As for the characters, color me as surprised and puzzled like Houki regarding Ichika: it is all good to have some admiration for their elder sister, but reckless reactions like these didn't exactly seem in line with what we were presented so far, and it just makes the whole deal harder to believe so. Overall, it really seems they wanted to make a huge unecessary connection between the Orimura siblings, despite we had various scenes beforehand.

Meanwhile, I'm still rather neutral regarding Laura. The whole deal almost look way too similar to Cecilia's "switch" although the reasons are obviously drastically different. I would have been slighty less annoyed if they didn't pull flashbacks right in the middle, leading to a momentum break.

In the end, Charlotte is again the notable saving grace this week, and the bath scene was surprisingly good in term of relationship development, instead of your expected fanservice antics.

Quite an average episode I guess...
Old 2011-02-24, 20:54   Link #67
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Spoiler for end of ep:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2011-02-24, 21:12   Link #68
Jerseykid

How dare that german wench get to Ichika's lips before Charlotte!
Old 2011-02-24, 21:24   Link #69
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ah yes!

And the general consensus is summarized below:

Welcome to harem, Laura Bodewig!
Old 2011-02-24, 21:28   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of which, Charlotte wasn't shown any reaction, despite she is obviously part of the harem... either, her jealousy treshold is really hard to reach, or she has quite some confidence or... fine with polygamy

Although you might also reconsider what word Laura was actually using.
Old 2011-02-24, 21:31   Link #71
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ah yes!

And the general consensus is summarized below:

Welcome to harem, Laura Bodewig!
Man, what happened to Charlotte's reaction? :3

I'm still not really liking the action in this show. I think it's mainly because I kind of detest CGI in anime, especially when its this subpar. All I want is just more comedy from the ridiculous harem antics!

And I have to say, Charlotte is the "ecchi" one this time.
Old 2011-02-24, 21:39   Link #72
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

I thought the episode was good, though not perfect, for me. A definitely refreshing change to see tactics / teamwork in a battle (taking out the "weak link", then ganging up and exploiting Laura's AIC weakness, etc.) and I personally hope for future battles (if any left in this anime season of IS) to have more of such (well, I'll prolly jump ship to the novels / manga once they're translated).

Charlotte seems to be an exceptionally awesome IS pilot and she complements our charging shounen hero well. Just a bit of a shame that her IS isn't as powerful (technology-wise) as the others we've seen to complement her piloting skills. And yes, I initially thought the bath scene would be mindless fan service but I personally felt that it was a nice relationship upgrade / boost between her and Ichika. Also, HNNGGG.

Still not overly excited about Laura even if she "got the last laugh" at the end but I'll give her another episode before really saying much. Having said that, I think she's slowly growing on me so...who knows? (with that preview showing...an interesting scene)
Old 2011-02-24, 21:39   Link #73
pampz21
ShipCore

the fight with the valkyrie system was so short they did more talking rather than fighting!
and the talk between Laura and Ichika in space time continium was so short! they really are rushing things

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-02-24, 21:49   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The bath scene was much much better than anticipated! Viva la France?
Old 2011-02-24, 21:50   Link #75
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Speaking of which, Charlotte wasn't shown any reaction, despite she is obviously part of the harem... either, her jealousy treshold is really hard to reach, or she has quite some confidence or... fine with polygamy
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
As I've said, there was no-way Charlotte's reaction could compete with the ones above... I mean, c'mon, look at them...

I think her reaction would've just seemed 'out of place' among such ridiculous/hilarious faces... lessening their "impact"
Old 2011-02-24, 21:53   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My body was not ready for this.
Old 2011-02-24, 22:03   Link #77
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the actual meat of the episode was pretty not good.. but the moments at the end made up for it. i'm assuming it was a mistranslation.. "you're going to be my wife."

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-02-24, 22:04   Link #78
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the actual meat of the episode was pretty not good.. but the moments at the end made up for it. i'm assuming it was a mistranslation.. "you're going to be my wife."
No that's definitely what she said which made that scene all the better.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-02-24, 22:05   Link #79
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I believe she was distracted by her own attempt at wowing the crowd with the revelation, SHE WAS A GIRL and possibly missed out on the whole thing. . It's also possible she was blasted by the intrusion of two IS equipped ladies who have total disregard for doors and walls.

Quote:
Although you might also reconsider what word Laura was actually using.
"Omae wa watashi no yome ni suru"

When the time comes for a priest to declare them man and wife, Laura will obviously be pronounced as "Man", while Ichika the "Wife." That is where Laura kisses the bride. Brilliant!

Last edited by monir; 2011-02-24 at 22:58.
Old 2011-02-24, 22:09   Link #80
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this point it might be a foregone conclusion that if ever the harem gets distilled into a triangle/square, it's going to be Ichicka and Charlotte/Laura/Houki. I almost feel sorry for the other two girls.
Closed Thread