AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favourite S2 Nanoha characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Nanoha Takamachi 145 52.35%
Yuuno Scrya 39 14.08%
Fate Testarossa 209 75.45%
Arf 28 10.11%
Lindy Haraoun 18 6.50%
Chrono Haraoun 37 13.36%
Amy Limietta 11 3.97%
Arisa Bannings 23 8.30%
Suzuka Tsukimura 21 7.58%
Hayate Yagami 108 38.99%
Signum 105 37.91%
Shamal 31 11.19%
Vita 83 29.96%
Zaphira 14 5.05%
Aria Liese 18 6.50%
Lotte Liese 18 6.50%
Gil Graham 6 2.17%
Reinforce 68 24.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-24, 20:24   Link #61
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I'm somewhat baffled at how the Twins have more fans than Graham. I mean, sure he displayed a callous disregard for human life, but at least he didn't drag people's dead fathers into the mud while he did it.

Signum and Vita are probably the best characters unique to this season (I do like Shamal and Zafira as well, but voting for four people seems a bit much); good development, likable personalities, conducive to impressive battles. Good antagonists, good heroes.
Wait, how was the Twins' actions dragging a father's name in the mud? I know they looked like a masked Clyde when they were disguised, but even Chrono didn't think it was Clyde when they appeared. Everyone knew he was dead.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:28   Link #62
Justin_Brett

Well, not publicly. But using your student's dead father's appearance as a disguise while committing crimes is still a dick move in general.

Also pretty stupid.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:30   Link #63
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, not publicly. But using your student's dead father's appearance as a disguise while committing crimes is still a dick move in general.

Also pretty stupid.
Yes, well, cats aren't known for common sense, now are they? I'm sure the girls had their reasons for picking that disguise, though, being the well-intentioned extremists they and their father were.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:41   Link #64
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I don't see what the issue is. I certainly didn't mistake them for Clyde, and anyone who would have known about the masked people interfering, would have known Clyde was dead. Not once did the characters comment on it.

For once, I actually thought it was a good disguise for a character in a show. They changed into a tall male, which totally hid their identity. Usually, the most we get when someone disguises themselves, is a mask and a different outfit. Or Shamal's trenchcoat, heh.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:51   Link #65
Justin_Brett

Well, logically speaking, dressing up as a guy who died the last time a deadly artifact appeared probably isn't the perfect disguise for getting involved the next time it does so. There's coincidences, and then there's that.

Besides, there's no specific reason why they couldn't have just come up with a disguise that didn't look like anyone. Did they have to dress up as Clyde?

But I digress, this is getting derailed.
Old 2010-11-24, 21:27   Link #66
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, all of my favourites of S1 have their moments on A's and before showing my new favourites i'm gonna talk on them:

Nanoha Takamachi - Has matured a bit since S1, now a responsible and dedicated girl who trains her magical abilities constantly, i like her evolution on this series, she's welcomed with the beating of her life at the hands of Vita but from that point onwards Nanoha finally came to temrs with reality and understands that some opponents are not willing to talk that easily and that she need to put herself togheter and do her best to make them listen and help them, also her cheerful energy comes a lot stronger than S1.

Yuuno Scrya - I like his developement here, his shipping with Nanoha gets dowplayed but i think is for the better, that manner Yuuno proves his worth as a valuable ally by saving Nanoha's(and potentially everyone) a couple of times, showing more of his unique skills and bringing valuable help on the case of the book of darkness, it's a shame such a good character get downgraded so much because of the fanrage, it would be nice if his ship with Nanoha was sanked and finally let the guy doing things on his own.

Chrno Harllown - I'll think he receive more developement here than in S1, he's directly related to the current case, most of the new characters and secrets from the TSAB revolves around him and also have critical interventions during battles, apparently he's outclassed by the Wolkenritter but is showed that maybe he can hold his own against them(as he's mostly stopped by the masked guy rather than the knights themselves), he shows more his onii-chan side towards Fate and helps the plot to move along.

Arisa Bannings - Sadly, her role is greatly reduced for this season but with all the asskicking and cool enemies appearing from all sides there's few time left for friends and family so it's more or less understandable, still her few scenes are fun as always and is pretty interesting to see her little shades of jealousy towards Fate(more accentuated in the A's manga) for being perfect and more close to Nanoha than her, but at the end shows once more her kind side by making peace with things and accepting Fate into the group even being firendly and helping Fate by herself, at the end she discovers the truth and even if suspicious(as Arisa is no fool and always like to think on details) she brings her support not only to Nanoah and fate, but also towards all the new friends, all with her noisy attitude, and that's why i like her so much.
NOTE: On a curious note Arisa and Vita actually meet before the final battle on an onsen during one of the sound stages and end being good friends with one another xD

Now finally moving onto my favourite characters added to the list during A's:

Fate Tesstarossa - While she was cool on S1 it also was too generic for my taste(looking more like someone for Nanoha to save) so i didn't included her on my list. Now in A's it's another matter entirely. Fate is an awesome and more complete character now, her introduction saving Nanoha is made of pure WIN!, specially since she promised her at the end of S1 that she will save her when she's in trouble wich she does. Her battle with Vita is pretty cool, in the past Fate's potential is somewhat crippled by her emotions towards her cruel mother, but now she shows what a determinated and focused Fate is capable off. She takes on Signum, the leader of the oppossing team(of all people), and proves to be a worthy match for the mighty knight pushing her to not take Fate lightly, also she's the one among the heroes who understands Signum and the Wolkenritter's motivations the most, because she experienced it first hand, for me, this season is when Fate's characterization is finally defined as she comes as a gentle but serious and courageous warrior(to note, i don't like her that much on StrikerS, they toned down her warrior-like atributes and focused on her "nice" side a bit too much).

Signum - Well, here we go. It's(or was, i'm not sure anymore, only time tells) my favourite character of the entire franchise(with Arisa as my 2nd favourite). the first impression i get from her was, ironically, a negative one. After Fate's amazing introduction the heroic blonde takes on Vita and with mere skill nearly defeats her(quite impressive taking in consideration Vita's superior power) ...until that pesky pink-haired Mary Sue came out of nowhere and pummels her to the ground in an instant, then she tanks Photon Lancer without breaking a sweat and talks, and that's when i'm start to pay attention, sure she talks of how much Fate is screwed against a Belkan Knight but not before praising the young mage's skill. then it gets a few scenes with Hayate and then came out the 2nd confrontation with Fate and that's the defining moment when i'm start to like her, the mentioned image of a "vain mary sue" crumbles to give pace to one of the most Badass knight-like amazons i have the privilege of meet. everytime she talks, everytime she fights, the deveotion to her duty and her misstress combined with her unique traits(as someone says, never anyone dressed in Pink have looked so badass before) made any moment she appears an awesome one. her chemistry with other characters is disproportionate, she's mostly focused on Fate as she recognizes not only Fate's skills but also her gentle and courageous heart, even finding herself enjoying fighting her(somthing that apparently Signum hasn't finded in ages), her other relationships are exclusively with her family, with her serious and collected behavior there's not much to develop really besides her defrosting coldness towards Hayate(Vita is the one who covers that part), she's a simple and incredibly cool character and i love her for that(until some incident but that dosen't go here).

Shamal - The mother-like Knight of the Lake, there's not much to say really. I like her because is the warm and kind character who complements the other ones(Signum's stoicness, Vita's rudeness and Zafira's quietness) its also the type of character whose flaws make her more likeable(yes, like Arisa). She's the one who cares for the well being of the group and reasures Hayate that everyone loves her and are grateful for being her family. also proves to be able to cross great lenghts in order to protect her loved ones(yeah she has almost no fightng skills and her methods are sneaky but i can never forget her assault on Nanoha, just can't, Shamal really can be scary when she put her mind into it).

Vita - I inderstand why vita is the favourite among the Wolkenritter to much of the audience and i agree with the reasons, it's simply Signum had much more impact on me, that's all. Besides, Vita is a very accurate addition to the cast, accumulating various elemnts and blending it into one little but very interesting character. She's rude but caring, she can be childish but also can beat you to a pulp, it's a lonely girl stranged from everyone, even from her knight partners until she meets Hayate who shows her how being loved feels like Vita welcomes that feeling but being unexperinced she also hold it as the most precious thing in the world and is ready to protect it at all costs that's why i think her personality is so volatile, her beloved master is in danger, the first person she actually cares for needs her help and she will do all in her power to save her(at first i want her head on a silver plate after watch what she did to Nanoha but after watching her crying and pleading to Shamal to save Hayate my fury completely dissapears and my heart melts T-T). Like Signum, she's a total Badass n combat an when i choose "Honor" as the word to define Signum, Vita's defining trait is definetly "Bravery".

Aaaaand that's my opinion on my favourite A's characters, in fact i really like this season and i think everyone have their fair share of likeness but i'm forced to choose so here they are xD. Seeya, i'll watch you on the StrikerS Poll.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-25, 16:15   Link #67
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I don't see what the issue is. I certainly didn't mistake them for Clyde, and anyone who would have known about the masked people interfering, would have known Clyde was dead. Not once did the characters comment on it.

For once, I actually thought it was a good disguise for a character in a show. They changed into a tall male, which totally hid their identity. Usually, the most we get when someone disguises themselves, is a mask and a different outfit. Or Shamal's trenchcoat, heh.
Yeah, I didn't even make the connection, either. But then again, as you note, even Chrono didn't mention it despite engaging them face-to-face.

On the other hand, I despise the Liezes with such an unrelenting, unreasonable hatred that I have no problem assuming that they're deliberately choosing Clyde's appearance in a (failed) attempt to hurt Chrono and Lindy as much as possible just because they're bad people who take pleasure in causing as much suffering to everyone around them. But then, I also think that Lotte really intended to eat Yuuno, so my opinions on the Liezes are not particularly rational.
Old 2011-05-03, 08:55   Link #68
Cari-san

I voted for Signum and Reinforce.
Old 2011-05-05, 05:17   Link #69
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Nanoha and Fate goes without saying, since there's no show without them. I also threw Vita a vote just because of the huge impression she made in the beginning. Unfortunately, she didn't get to do much later on.

Too bad Bardiche and his sexy voice isn't an option.

I like Hayate, this was really her moment to shine regardless of how brief it was. Her breakdown near the end was memorable.

I considered throwing poor Yuuno a pity vote since this is the last time anyone gives a damn about him and he did some cool stuff but overlooked it when voting because I'm as cruel to him as the writers are. >.>

P.S. Damn I miss some of these characters...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-24, 09:33   Link #70
YuriEcchiGirl

Nanoha Takamachi & Fate Testarossa will always be my favourite two characters of them all
Old 2011-11-17, 14:07   Link #71
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
i voted for nanoha, just only a few are chosen, xD