AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 18:24   Link #961
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
[citation needed]?

A, imagine how the player's would feel... suddenly having everything going black... or worse, turning bright and sparkly for a few seconds as the microwave amps up.

Why would you assume the person holding 10,000 people hostage would allow them to be moved around, willy nilly, without killing a few of them the second time they get moved to keep such shenanigans in-line?
True, there wasn't any mention they could be moved a second time, but it's also true for the opposite.

You think 2 hours are enough to locate all players and move them to well-equipped hospitals? It's not like 10000 ambulances were prepared beforehand, ready to transport them to the best possible hospital within 2 hours.

Kayaba already declared that removing NerveGear or tampering with it would fry the brain, besides he is already holding them hostage in SAO, his aim isn't to simply murdering people.
Ensuring that players can survive possibly year-long comas and play the game is in his best interest, so having them moved to the best hospitals around is as well.
Old 2012-09-10, 18:47   Link #962
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
You think 2 hours are enough to locate all players and move them to well-equipped hospitals? It's not like 10000 ambulances were prepared beforehand, ready to transport them to the best possible hospital within 2 hours.
It's not like the two hours were simultaneous. Each person, when found and disconnected, would have two hours to be moved.

In any case, this sounds like a conversation for the Real Life Implications thread.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:16   Link #963
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i have recently started watching this series, it totally caught my attention from the first episode, it's the experience of epic RPG game in anime, with all the items and levels etc, i have watched 4 episodes so far, however i think the anime is going way too fast one episode you are on 24 floor and in next you are 48 floor. it's alright to skip floors to cover the number of episodes, but right at the beginning?, and so there hasn't been proper battling of kirito after the the boss battle in second episode, and he is already at so much high level.

however the concept of the anime is great .....just hope it gets better later on...
Old 2012-09-30, 07:01   Link #964
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i have recently started watching this series, it totally caught my attention from the first episode, it's the experience of epic RPG game in anime, with all the items and levels etc, i have watched 4 episodes so far, however i think the anime is going way too fast one episode you are on 24 floor and in next you are 48 floor. it's alright to skip floors to cover the number of episodes, but right at the beginning?, and so there hasn't been proper battling of kirito after the the boss battle in second episode, and he is already at so much high level.

however the concept of the anime is great .....just hope it gets better later on...
Well, most of the main story actually starts at Episode 8 while the rest after Episode 1 are stories meant to be as "flashbacks", called Side Stories. Well, if A-1 actually turned every scene into anime, it will probably take 4-cour or 5-cour to finish with only 1-cour worth of author-original stories... and not counting the amount of MMO grinding involved...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 09:05   Link #965
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Well, most of the main story actually starts at Episode 8 while the rest after Episode 1 are stories meant to be as "flashbacks", called Side Stories. Well, if A-1 actually turned every scene into anime, it will probably take 4-cour or 5-cour to finish with only 1-cour worth of author-original stories... and not counting the amount of MMO grinding involved...
then shouldn't they concentrate on the main story including MMORPG elements, but then again i guess it starts at a high floor like in 70s or 80s, and that wouldn't be convenient for the anime to directly start like that
Old 2012-10-08, 16:31   Link #966
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I love how seventhstyle hates on the anime and A-1 doing a horrid job at this when it's actually almost a copy-paste from the original work of the writer.

I find that it's a faithful adaption, but that's only my opinion.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:52   Link #967
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I love how [a certain blog] hates on the anime and A-1 doing a horrid job at this when it's actually almost a copy-paste from the original work of the writer.

I find that it's a faithful adaption, but that's only my opinion.
A few things:

a) a lot of people blame the animation studio even if they're being faithful to the original source, because they believe that the anime studio could have improved on the source material if they wanted. Some would argue, if the original source was flawed, the anime writers have an obligation to fix it in order to make a "good anime". But of course, this is tricky because fixing it can cause problems with ongoing continuity.

b) Some bloggers decide to take a certain view and post it in the most extreme way week after week. This can be a way of attracting attention and provoking controversy, even if the opinion is based on their true feelings. But continuing to cover said show is good for hits because the show is popular. Rewarding these blogs with hits and attention is just what they want, so it's probably better to just ignore them.
Old 2012-10-08, 16:54   Link #968
Deltaray

Well, it's not like A-1 is doing bad job, they actually managed to sneak some surprises in to episode which you can only spot if you take screencapture.

like this

Images
ep 3 image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It has been translated on baka-tsuki forums.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 01:12   Link #969
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
Well, it's not like A-1 is doing bad job, they actually managed to sneak some surprises in to episode which you can only spot if you take screencapture.

like this
*snip*
It has been translated on baka-tsuki forums.
Link to translation please?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:02   Link #970
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
b) Some bloggers decide to take a certain view and post it in the most extreme way week after week. This can be a way of attracting attention and provoking controversy, even if the opinion is based on their true feelings. But continuing to cover said show is good for hits because the show is popular. Rewarding these blogs with hits and attention is just what they want, so it's probably better to just ignore them.
Same can be said of people that week after week, only complain and say that X or Y show sux, blah blah blah. And yet 13 episodes later or 25 episodes later, they are still watching it and keep saying it sux in forums or comments.

Really!? The problem here isn't the anime but you dude! Come on, if it's really so bad for you that it's the only thing you can say, you should have stopped watching it earlier instead of wasting your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Link to translation please?
Spoiler for Link to Weekly Argo translation on Baka-Tsuki:
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:12   Link #971
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Same can be said of people that week after week, only complain and say that X or Y show sux, blah blah blah. And yet 13 episodes later or 25 episodes later, they are still watching it and keep saying it sux in forums or comments.

Really!? The problem here isn't the anime but you dude! Come on, if it's really so bad for you that it's the only thing you can say, you should have stopped watching it earlier instead of wasting your time.
Well... some people just like to watch popular shows because they want to be part of the conversation and be aware of what everyone else is talking about. If every other anime fan has watched SAO and keeps yapping about what's happening and you sit it out, it can feel like you're missing out on being part of the anime fandom.

But it is also true that if you dislike a show at some core level and keep on harping on that same unchanging issue week after week after week, it makes you look like a bit of a fool for continuing to watch expecting that thing to change. It's like being served a meal that you think tastes bad, but eating the whole thing anyway continuing to complain about it after every bite. Watching is a choice, and not watching is an option.

Obviously we welcome all opinions on this Forum, whether positive or negative. People who don't enjoy a show so much can offer good discussion points and a fresh perspective. We don't want the threads to just be full of people with no complaints (but that hasn't been a problem with this show anyway ). But yeah... I do understand the frustration you're getting at. Some people just aren't compatible with some shows for whatever reason, and would probably be happier people if they just accepted that "it's not for me" and moved on.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:06   Link #972
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Aniplex USA has SAO now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...est-magi-anime
Old 2012-10-13, 03:56   Link #973
smurfinaus
Go go go go Freedom!!!

Send a message via MSN to smurfinaus Send a message via Yahoo to smurfinaus
Never read the manga. Found this one day on list of new releases, watched it and have been addicted since then. One of the best anime ive seen for a longtime. And ive watched heaps...
smurfinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 16:47   Link #974
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

LoL. I'm probably late to the party, but:

Generator Link: http://en.shindanmaker.com/247584
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 17:07   Link #975
relentlessflame

*Administrator

You are a bit late... but keep those sorts of games to the social group. Not really a conversation for a discussion thread.
Old 2012-10-14, 08:19   Link #976
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

on other news

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-most-annoying

Quote:
1. Bleach's Inoue Orihime
2. Gintama's Tsukuyo
3. Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Sword Art Online's Asuna
5. Madoka Magica's Homura Akemi
Quote:
1. School Days' Makoto Itou
2. Accel World's Haruyuki Arita
3. Sword Art Online's Kirito
4. A Certain Scientific Railgun's Toma Kamijo
5. To Love-Ru's Riko Yuusaki

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:29   Link #977
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I don't think Asuna and Kirito are annoying...
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:40   Link #978
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Looking at the rest of the poll.. wow.. I can't take it seriously with the likes of Lelouch and Satoshi on the list..

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, it's just another Biglobe poll. I don't know how I missed that..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 11:40   Link #979
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Well, there're thousands of lists out there, you can't really take them serious.
Though I find male 4th position quite funny, how just a few scenes in a spin-off can generate that much hate
Old 2012-10-14, 13:02   Link #980
Salt
the cynic

OK, if I'm correct this show is super popular.

So, the question is "Why?". No troll, I swear.

Character development is super rushed, leaving the characters and their relationships poorly fleshed out - especially Kirito's and Asuna's romance; which seem to be quite important to the show.

Animation is so-so. Decent but nothing special. Hyouka this is not.

Directing and acting is again so-so - with the "rushed" scripts we can't expect too much.

So why is this show so popular? Is there some Japanese culture phenomenon that I missed? Seem to be popular among the English speaking population too. I don't get it.

If you like the show, at least tell me what you like about it.

Last edited by Salt; 2012-10-14 at 13:04. Reason: spelling fail
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, shounen