AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 15:13   Link #501
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Sign me up for the Demon Hunter. Hot girls in plate armor turn me on somehow. That trailer also gave me the yuri vibe. U think i need brain fixing?
Old 2010-10-22, 15:38   Link #502
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
The amazon is my favorite class in D2, so this is certainly good news for me.

First character I will play for sure.
Haha yeah those were good times. Windforce/buriza, multishot, homing arrow, and poison charms all the way. Looks like demon hunter has some sort of multishot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Sign me up for the Demon Hunter. Hot girls in plate armor turn me on somehow. That trailer also gave me the yuri vibe. U think i need brain fixing?
No, that's more or less what I was thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Liked the concept and the gameplay parts of the new class, but the dialogue is just TERRIBLE.

Had way too much of an Underworld vibe, especially when she started doing gun-fu with her dual crossbows. Blizzard needs stop it with the ridiculously bad and cliched dialogue.
Yeah, the dialogue completely blew.
Old 2010-10-22, 15:43   Link #503
Xacual

Let's be honest here, go back and watch any Blizzard cinematic with dialogue since they started putting it in their games, they are all filled with cliches and lines that are overused but I don't really care too much since Blizz always delivers on good game play.

That and they are always fun to watch.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 15:49   Link #504
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Didn't have any issues with it, actually I'd go as far as saying I liked it. I never watched this Underworld though.

I hate people like you who go all its-too-much-like-this-other-good-thing If its good I say get more of it! no reason to try stupid crap to be unique. Or, hide it from those of us who didn't even have contact with it...
The problem is, Underworld was terrible...

Anyways, from what I remember, older Blizzard cinematics didn't have that much dialogue. Most of the original Starcraft cinematics didn't, and the Warcraft III ones had some pretty decent lines that fit the situation and the characters.

This one just felt like cheesy movie trailer dialogue meant to make it seem 'cool' and 'dark'.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 16:12   Link #505
iceyfw

hot damn. arena in D3. i'm a huge PvPer and this just put me on the verge of buying it. now to wait for more info on how the PvP system will work in D3 and its arena system.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 16:14   Link #506
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

of course the chick gets a CGI trailer =\ figures.
Old 2010-10-22, 16:18   Link #507
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched it in Blizzcon live .
Demon Hunters looks nice with plate armor and she holds 2 semi-rifle-crossbow .

PvP arena is meh .... looks like WoW Arena
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 16:21   Link #508
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

next class better be paladin and get CGI.
Old 2010-10-22, 16:33   Link #509
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Liked the concept and the gameplay parts of the new class, but the dialogue is just TERRIBLE.

Had way too much of an Underworld vibe, especially when she started doing gun-fu with her dual crossbows. Blizzard needs stop it with the ridiculously bad and cliched dialogue.
I don't mind the cliché.
I also liked the lore; Demon Hunters are not from some stuck up secret society, they are former ordinary NPCs who lost everything to the constant demon threat, but decided they are not going to take it anymore. Instead of lying down waiting for death or praying for someone else to save them, they decided to bring the fight to the enemy. They are ordinary people. I find that fascinating.
Old 2010-10-22, 16:46   Link #510
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well glad we finally got the announcement. The type of class was expected, but do like what they decided to go with. Agree the lore actually sounds pretty nice and makes sense. People would just get tired of getting attacked and losing everything. Sometimes just need to start grabbing weapons and fighting back.

Right now between Wizard and Demon Hunter. Oddly not that attracted to the melee classes so will see how range feels this time around.
Old 2010-10-22, 16:50   Link #511
Xacual

Yeah it's nice but I still think I'm going with wizard for my first D3 character. Demon hunter will be my second for sure, maybe a monk afterwards but I never really liked barbarians and witch doctor doesn't interest me.

Well it's nice to finally have all 5 classes confirmed. Now we can start guessing what classes if any will be added if there are expansions...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-10-22, 17:33   Link #512
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah it's nice but I still think I'm going with wizard for my first D3 character. Demon hunter will be my second for sure, maybe a monk afterwards but I never really liked barbarians and witch doctor doesn't interest me.

Well it's nice to finally have all 5 classes confirmed. Now we can start guessing what classes if any will be added if there are expansions...
There is another class. The bossnerd spoke of it in the interview thing, but no ETA yet. *coughpaladincough*
Old 2010-10-22, 17:46   Link #513
Xacual

Oh so we went from 5 to 6? That's good news but it really drags it out though I guess you would be right a healing or support class seems likely. Though it depends on how much monk or witch doctor can fill that role, we might get another melee type.

Old 2010-10-22, 19:00   Link #514
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
There is another class. The bossnerd spoke of it in the interview thing, but no ETA yet. *coughpaladincough*
oh god please oh god!

No no.. TEMPLAR!

Old 2010-10-22, 19:49   Link #515
Westlo
Lets be reality

Played Rogue in 1, Amazon in 2 so of course very interested in Shadow Hunter for 3.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:50   Link #516
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Played Rogue in 1, Amazon in 2 so of course very interested in Shadow Hunter for 3.
never played 1, but 2 i was one of the best paladins in PVP.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:51   Link #517
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
LOL, guess that's Rogue/Amazon combo. Gj blizzard!

More like this :

HELL YEAH! Though it sounds it is going to be a late game class like the Assassin. Totally suck at the start.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:50   Link #518
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kasumi (Mass Effect 2) ? Is that you?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 23:06   Link #519
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
While I'm glad that Paladin still has a chance, this also mean the release date is somewhere faraway .
Old 2010-10-23, 07:09   Link #520
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kasumi (Mass Effect 2) ? Is that you?
ok... I lol'd.. you are SO RIGHT! she looks totally like her XD

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler