AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-13, 03:33   Link #3401
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Snowdown Showdown Sale

Slay Belle Katarina = DO WANT!!!
Old 2012-12-13, 03:40   Link #3402
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Dammit that Ziggs skin. Too bad I don't even own the champion. As far as I remember you can't get the skin without having the corresponding champion right?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 04:08   Link #3403
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Dammit that Ziggs skin. Too bad I don't even own the champion. As far as I remember you can't get the skin without having the corresponding champion right?
Correct. However, in the Snowdown Showdown Sale, you are allowed to gift people on your friends list with characters and skins. Note that they had to be on your friends list before December.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:19   Link #3404
Kreceir

Amazing League of Legends Songs

Images
Gothic Lolita Poppy
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-12-14, 10:44   Link #3405
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

IEM Cologne in 15 mins. Time to see what CLG.eu and Fnatic will get up to.
Old 2012-12-18, 10:21   Link #3406
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well...IEM Cologne definitely threw up some suprises. CLG.eu didn't even make out of the group stages thanks to Meet Your Makers and CJ Entus. Fnatic crushed group stage but barely got past CJ Entus in the semis then lost to SK Telecom in the finals.

Was rather impressed with SK Telecom. Was stoked to see UandMe utterly destroy people on Miss Fortune all tournament then force Miss Fortune bans in games 2 and 3 of the grand finals. MF ban! XD Also loved their Amumu/Zyra/MF combo, which was still damn strong with just Amumu and Zyra. Although, this means that there's two more Korean teams that will be around in Season 3. Like...how many are there now that will be around at that level? Azubu Blaze, Azubu Frost, Najin Sword, Najin Shield, SK Telecom and CJ Entus?

Was also interesting to hear Curse.eu split after IPL 5 and some of them went to form Millenium. But things panned out for them like they usually did for Curse.eu...so far.

It looks like Vi is coming out in the next 24 hours. Champion Spotlight got released 2 hours ago.

Mmm, I really want the extra skin too. Think it's the first time on a new champion I want that extra skin at launch. Jungle viability makes this a must get for me.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:15   Link #3407
Destined_Fate

I have 6300 IP saved for her. The skin doesn't interest me though.

I want a full on mecha skin.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 20:30   Link #3408
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hmmm, I got something unexpected in my account overnight and an email from Riot giving me 910RP. Apparently something about a legendary skin I once bought at full price is one of five about to be temporarily re-released at a lower price and their policy is to refund points to people who bought it at the original price?

Definitely won't turn it down, that covers the cost of Slay Belle Katarina combined with what I had left. ^^

Edit: They're not temporarily bringing back just 5...It's 42...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-12-19 at 00:58.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 07:42   Link #3409
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Hmmm, I got something unexpected in my account overnight and an email from Riot giving me 910RP. Apparently something about a legendary skin I once bought at full price is one of five about to be temporarily re-released at a lower price and their policy is to refund points to people who bought it at the original price?

Definitely won't turn it down, that covers the cost of Slay Belle Katarina combined with what I had left. ^^

Edit: They're not temporarily bringing back just 5...It's 42...
It's 5 of the formerly legendary skins, while the others are simply skins that were retired before . (others don't get the the RP refund)

And still no Vi yet .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 07:52   Link #3410
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Really not sure what that maintenance was for if Vi isn't up tonight....unless it was for the spikes hitting most players the last couple of days.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:12   Link #3411
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And Vi is here. They picked an appropriate theme song. Just as I hoped, it's heavy and attitude.

Old 2012-12-20, 06:04   Link #3412
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Oh wow, I have muted any music in lol since I started playing. Is this the first time they put so much effort in login screen music for a specific champ or how much of them have I missed? Anyway, I'll definitely unmute login music from now on...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 06:38   Link #3413
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Oh wow, I have muted any music in lol since I started playing. Is this the first time they put so much effort in login screen music for a specific champ or how much of them have I missed?
I think effort into the pieces started around when Lulu was launched. Diana's was the other that was a full proper piece. Has a million views on Youtube for a reason. Nami's piece is nice for a 1 minute one. Elise's is a 3 min monologue detailing her first time on the Shadow Isles. Lulu's one minuter is fairytale like. Draven is like a wrestling star crossed with an orchestra that had been listening to metal. Zyra's is a spine-chilling but insatiable one of walking into a deep jungle you really shouldn't have. Jayce is a 1 minute that is a gradual buildup worthy of a hero. Pulsefire Ezreal got a 2 min electro piece. Those were the ones I liked.

Any other champ launched in between Lulu and Vi that I didn't mention (Zed, Kha'Zix, Rengar, Darius, Varus, Hecarim) [there were also ones for Snowdown Showdown and Season 2 World Champs and Gatekeeper Galio] were ones I didn't care for.
Old 2012-12-20, 06:54   Link #3414
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I think effort into the pieces started around when Lulu was launched. Diana's was the other that was a full proper piece. Has a million views on Youtube for a reason. Nami's piece is nice for a 1 minute one. Elise's is a 3 min monologue detailing her first time on the Shadow Isles. Lulu's one minuter is fairytale like. Draven is like a wrestling star crossed with an orchestra that had been listening to metal. Zyra's is a spine-chilling but insatiable one of walking into a deep jungle you really shouldn't have. Jayce is a 1 minute that is a gradual buildup worthy of a hero. Pulsefire Ezreal got a 2 min electro piece. Those were the ones I liked.

Any other champ launched in between Lulu and Vi that I didn't mention (Zed, Kha'Zix, Rengar, Darius, Varus, Hecarim) [there were also ones for Snowdown Showdown and Season 2 World Champs and Gatekeeper Galio] were ones I didn't care for.
Thanks, gonna check them out later today.
Old 2012-12-20, 17:28   Link #3415
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Oh wow, I have muted any music in lol since I started playing. Is this the first time they put so much effort in login screen music for a specific champ or how much of them have I missed? Anyway, I'll definitely unmute login music from now on...
See https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends to hear them all w/dl available , Diana's theme is still undoubtedly my favorite .

Also wow at the new IP/RP champion pricing changes.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 08:42   Link #3416
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Expect a major Vi buff in the next few weeks...Vi is below 40% win rate on virtually every bracket of ranked. I don't know what they did to make her nerfed at release....seriously, Rengar, Darius, Jayce, Kha'Zix, Elise OP at release but they really underdo it on Vi? You go tanky, she has no damage. You go damage/armor pen, she's dead within seconds of leaping in...

I also expect one for Nami. Not quite sure she needs it, but her base stats are quite weak and without Runic Bulwark she is fishstick central. 3k+ hp Nami seems to be the only viable build. Only seems to be the lower echelons where Nami is suffering, but I don't see her much.

Diana is now the worst performing champ on ranked overall. That nerf hit her hard. Not that I feel ANY sympathy...
Old 2012-12-22, 10:38   Link #3417
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wait, Elise OP at release? She's constantly buffed and people still doesn't want to play her. I feel like I'm the only one who's playing her.
Old 2012-12-22, 18:30   Link #3418
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Elise is one of the more liked top laners at tourney level. She isn't a burden on ranked or in tournaments. As for whether the general populace can play her properly to the same degreee - that is different.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:25   Link #3419
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

IIRC Elise received some buffs in a patch after her release before she became a viable top laner, though.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:29   Link #3420
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Haven't played at all since the update. I remember Elise was okay, she had great poke at top, but in aggregate she would lose out to tops that could sustain through her harass and "take off" as it were, like Olaf..

Tags
league of legends, lol