AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 02:30   Link #1
firestingerx

Talking Project Rirakkusu : relaxation songs from anime!

Hi peeps. The exam fever is just around the corner -at least at my corner of the world, and I'm thinking of compiling a long list of nice and relaxing instrumentals from any anime for any otakuans out there in distress.

I already have a few in my mind...but all of them are from Eureka Seven and NOEIN.

Please feel free to share your favourite instrumental songs here.

Be sure to include <title> <artist name> and <the anime it originates from>.

Not sure of the various info ....nvm then.

Oh yes...the songs MUST be
1. an instrumental
2. not much vocal parts
3. nice ~duh
4. not "heavy" e.g. heavy rock, metal, techno that sounds like the world's gonna end

Hope everyone will somehow benefit from this "project"
firestingerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 08:42   Link #2
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
hmm, right now... a few things come to mind.

sparkling harmony, from gundam wing
requiem, from full metal alchemist the movie
the piano music from gundam seed and gundam seed destiny
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 11:58   Link #3
Jyukai.
~In a Music Box~

Send a message via MSN to Jyukai.
Rei II -Evangelion
Serenade (Piano) - Fruits Basket
BT - Yuki Kaijura [Hack Sign]
Itsumo Nandemo (Piano) - Spirited Away
Mayonaka no Niji (Instrumental) - Yoshikawa Hei [Saikano]

Thats about all for now

EDIT:
Also I think what you're trying to do is awesome. Keep us updated on this man lol
Jyukai. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 23:08   Link #4
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Instrumental only?

Shiawaseni No Iro from Ah My Goddess Sorezore No Tsubasa is fantastic, as are all three of Lacus Clyne's songs.
Old 2007-11-08, 18:59   Link #5
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

These are some tracks from an audio CD I made quite recently. I didn't put in every track cos' some of the tracks didn't have proper tags, and some are rare (i.e. God Knows... piano version by TAMUSIC). I did put in some tracks I put in previous similar CDs.

Undine (forest mix), Mangetsu no Dolche, Tenki Ame - ARIA the ANIMATION
Natsukage, Giniro, Hane - AIR
The Dream Which a Biy Dreamed - LiTTLEWING, B^INFINITY; AIR
To the way of the wind -それは風のように-, Loved small palm -小さなてのひら- - RESOUND WAV, CLANNAD Piano Tune Collection; CLANNAD
光に寄せて, ともしび, たったひとつの魔法の言葉 - Little Busters!
Gentle Jena - Planetarian
Ensei - Mai HiME
Broken Wings - dothack//SIGN
願いが叶う場所Ⅱ - CLANNAD
Shoujo no Ori - Kanon
いつもの風景 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

I recommend going through Choro Club's works on the ARIA series. Eroge/visual novels are also a good place to check for good music.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 07:27   Link #6
Jenya

Send a message via ICQ to Jenya
You can take music from Asian RPG games. For example, Final Fantasy series. - I saw hundreds Mbs of it on torrents.
Jenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 15:59   Link #7
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Shio to Riku no Hazama from Zeta Gundam: A New Translation

Nice Chinesey-sounding track. I can PM you a link if you want, since it's not easy to come by.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 15:25   Link #8
Flame-X
Anti-fan

hmmm i agree with most of the listed above, adding more to the list..

Marine Snow - Tsuneyoshi Saito - Soukyuu no Fafner RIGHT OF LEFT Original Soundtrack
futari - Key - AIR OST
yakusoku - Shinji Orito / Jun Magi - Kanon Original Soundtrack
fuyu no hanabi - Shinji Orito / Jun Magi - Kanon Original Soundtrack
Cloud - Nobuo Uematsu - FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN Original Soundtrack
Zanarkand ni te - Aki Kuroda - Final Fantasy X Piano Collection

thats all i can think of for soft relaxation BGMs.
Old 2007-12-02, 09:52   Link #9
firestingerx

yoz guys. thanks so vvverry much for the tips...i'm currently trying to get all of them, then compile and somehow maybe share with anyone out there. I got my own list to put here too, but that'll have to wait a while..
firestingerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 21:50   Link #10
Eviltape

インのピアノ - 菅野よう子 - Darker than Black (In no Piano - Kanno Youko)

Those are the only instrumental I've actively listened to.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 08:11   Link #11
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Hotel California by the Eagles is pretty relaxing.
Arekawa from FMP too, if English music isn't your thang.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 23:11   Link #12
telperionflower
I love clouds...

The soundtrack to Ocean Waves. I can't think of any anime music more relaxing. It's all jazz, inspired by the ocean.. and it's nice peaceful jazz, not gloomy jazz or crazy upbeat jazz. I found the soundtrack about a year before I saw the movie itself, and I still liked it a lot.

Ocean waves is also called "I can hear the sea" and Umi ga Kikoeru (海がきこえる)
telperionflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 00:07   Link #13
zoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestingerx View Post
Oh yes...the songs MUST be
1. an instrumental
I'll have to discard this one for excluding some of the best:

- Ritsuko Okazaki: For Fruits Basket, Serenade, chiisana inori (Fruits Basket); A Happy Life (original version of the OP to Manabi Straight, which was a cover by Hayashibara); Morning Grace (Princess Tutu); much more (all of her albums, anime and not).
- Yui Horie: Yakusoku (Love Hina); see also her non-anime album "Rakuen"--several songs of which were written by Ritsuko. There are several other artists who had songs written by her, which I need to check out.
- Yui Makino: You Are My Love (Tsubasa Chronicle); madokashii sekai no ue de (Welcome to the NHK; this one's a little heavier).
zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 12:03   Link #14
Jyukai.
~In a Music Box~

Maybe it would be better if there's an Instrumental and a Vocals part. Nice songs anyway (:
Old 2007-12-12, 14:53   Link #15
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I was thinking the same thing, finding relaxation songs, though, in my case, the source doesn't matter, anime or non-anime. The starting point was, Ancient Legend from David Arkenstone, a Yanni-styled, and definitely, Hunter X Hunter reminding song (last moments of Paku). If I can find similar ones I will post them.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 04:47   Link #16
Jyukai.
~In a Music Box~

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestingerx View Post
Hi peeps. The exam fever is just around the corner -at least at my corner of the world, and I'm thinking of compiling a long list of nice and relaxing instrumentals from any anime for any otakuans out there in distress.

Well he did say otakus haha, so I guess thats part of the reason why only anime songs allowed.
Old 2007-12-13, 06:51   Link #17
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I will also interpret this as having both instrumental parts and vocal parts, but soft vocals.

I would like to start by seconding Yakusoku by Yui Horie (Love Hina insert). It's such a wonderful song with a catchy melody and cute lyrics. Its background music is mostly piano and strings.

If you like that one, then another piano/vocal piece is Life Is Like A Boat by Rie Fu (Bleach ED1). It's a bit more heavy but all the same, very relaxing. Other similar pieces include Kimi ga Nozomu Eien by MEGUMI (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ED3), Sunset by Mi (Bokura ga Ita ED3), Kioku no Kakera by nobuko (Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora ED), Garnet by Oku Hanako (Toki o Kakeru Shōjo ED), Kimi no Koe by Ai Kawashima (The Place Promised in Our Early Days ED), and You Are My Love by Yui Makino (Tsubasa Chronicle insert).

Somehow I'm guessing KOTOKO is out of the question.

Some of the anime soundtracks have good instrumental-only music, and I love the Princess Mononoke Soundtracks, especially The Journey to the West, The Journey to the West, and Ashitaka and San.

Also, I love the most the Byousoku 5 Centimetre Original Soundtracks, especially Kanae no Kimochi, Kanae no Kimochi, Omoide wa Tooku no Hibi, and Yuki no Eki.

I fell in love with Naruto Soundtracks once, and since there are so many good songs on them, I won't list them all.

You could also get piano recomposition of many famous anime OP/ED, and one such person who does them is Josh Agarrado. Hoshizora no Waltz (KgNE), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (KgNE), Hare Hare Yukai (SHnY), Sayuri's World (KnM, YnB), and Something More Beautiful (Mahoromatic) are wonderful OP/ED that sounds very good on the piano.

Other ballads that I love (but might not necessarily be what you are looking for) includes Koi Kaze by Éf (Koi Kaze OP), Futari no Kisetsu ga by Nozomi Sasaki (Bokura ga Ita ED5), Home Sweet Home by Yuki (Naruto Movie insert), and One More Time, One More Chance by Masayoshi Yamazaki (Byousoku 5 Centimetre).
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 12:25   Link #18
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
mm, just recently, Kawaranai Mono by Hanako Oku. It's from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and it's quite relaxing, and there's also a strings version of it too.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 12:43   Link #19
williboro

I usually uses for my relaxation Maria Callas or Charlie Parker themes,depending on my
status of mind,the i sit comfortably in a sofa an beguin inspirations with my right nose
and expirations trough my left nose,every time inspirations and expirations will be longer
till my extasis point.all of this takes me 1 hour or more.When i finished this tasks i beguin
the art of visualitions,my mind fly over blue skys,every time more blue,more blue this
time i choses blue and sky,until im got into de paradise in this blue paradise i left my
mind fly and ive got with this method incredible new visions angles,truo parts of my nature
im dont know,appears and appears ive got new forms of communications i dont know
before,is incredible the things that ocurred with this method.ill tell you one for exemple
i dont know a word of english(cause im spanish) 20 years ago i teach french in a college
but this college ceases to teach french cause there arent discipules and stopped the
french classes so i must get out and search for another employ,well with this method
before descript,i begun to teach english without knowing a word,and begun to teach
english like i said ans learnt in a week my english level improuves to a good english
it was too good that in a year my word consisted in preparing adult teachers to learnt
english.
Like this i told you,i got anothers knoledges that ill be relating here.
williboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 14:46   Link #20
Ichihara

Hmm.. I'll be adding some to the list as well
Instrumentals:
Sadame - XTV
Aizome (Piano Version) - Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori
It's only the Fairy Tale(Instrumental) - Yuki Kajiura
Ichihara is offline   Reply With Quote