AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 22.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 13.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 18.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-22, 22:50   Link #41
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
watched the subs

hmm this episode makes me hate Faldio even more

Well, the fight is..kind of weird..a little bit not that smooth..but I watch this anime because of alicia..and this episode is all about her...have to give it 10/10

Hope Welkin will teach Faldio a lesson in the next episode
The attention on Faldio.....is a little too much I think.

If it wasn't for Welkin settling in with Alicia I have no doubts the writers would've pitted Alicia with Faldio.
Old 2009-08-22, 22:52   Link #42
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

If it wasn't for Welkin settling in with Alicia I have no doubts the writers would've pitted Alicia with Faldio.
Didn't you get the memo? Fabio is the new main character.
Old 2009-08-22, 23:13   Link #43
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am sorry, but this episode pretty much ruined this infamous fight.

I maintain that the PS3 version is !!@$!@$@! times more awesome portraying the duel of fates~ !!

TRANS-ARM ALICIA!!

- Tak (Yes, the commentator is a Gundam 00 fan)
Ahh yes...i miss the game cutscenes ;_;

Note, things start to pick up around 4 minutes
Old 2009-08-22, 23:34   Link #44
Sassarai
Army of One

The battle was just sooooo uncreative. It's worst than Bleach's Arrancar arc fights!( That's saying a lot!)

Zombie Alicia: "Must saveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Welkin"
*stabs tank*
(tank explodes, bad guy lives with a bummed shoulder and escapes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Fabio is the new main character.
Fabio has all the attributes of a heroic main character except.....

Spoiler for flaw:
Old 2009-08-22, 23:41   Link #45
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Some dude at 2chan practically said the same thing. I wonder if he was voicing the majority.

Regardless of whether that's true or not, this is just sad.

Are the writers in love with Faldio or something? Perhaps with Takahiro Sakurai, his voice actor? It just boggles the mind, the obvious favouritism being granted to this character—and what's worse, it's not even producing good results.

It's like clockwork. A piece falls, and it takes a bunch of related pieces with it, one piece at a time. And yet... I still want to know how it all ends, drawn to headlights of this incoming truck of disappointment.

I... I think I'm a masochist.
Old 2009-08-22, 23:45   Link #46
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Some dude at 2chan practically said the same thing. I wonder if he was voicing the majority.

Are the writers in love with Faldio or something? Perhaps with Takahiro Sakurai, his voice actor? It just boggles the mind, the obvious favouritism being granted to this character—and what's worse, it's not even producing good results.

It's like clockwork. A piece falls, and it takes a bunch of related pieces with it, one piece at a time. And yet... I still want to know how it all ends, drawn to headlights of this incoming truck of disappointment.

I... I think I'm a masochist.
You and everyone else who still visits this sub-forum.
Old 2009-08-23, 01:33   Link #47
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
I swear to god that I will end up crying due to the fail if it turns out that Selvaria and Alicia are sisters.
that would be funny as hell...
....wait...nope...no it wouldn't....
Old 2009-08-23, 02:12   Link #48
Chrono Helix

Quote:
There were a few scenes where the shield looked like a PLATE...
It was bothering me for the entire episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-23, 02:41   Link #49
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:

I'm pretty sure he did voice the majority.

In normal time, who'd give a rat's about that tw*t of a character when the focus should be on Squad 7, especially on Welkin and Alicia as they are built to be main characters?

The favoritism shown by Michiko Yokote as well as by the other people in the production crew towards Faldio's character has no reason of being there. Not only it doesn't produce good results, but the results are absolute shite and they should be able by now to see how shite it is after many fan reviews and other feedback. Somebody will have to tell me what the heck is going through the staff's and Michiko Yokote's minds of putting Faldio to the foreground like that; I hope something will be written in anime magazines someday about that. With the members of Squad 7, there should be plenty for a story and no need for Faldio to get on center stage.

About what Faldio did... WTF was that for to hold your own country's leader hostage? I don't care about the reasons behind the means because I hope he'll get jailed for a very long time (hopefully, NO FALDIO ANYMORE!) as well as Welkin to beat the crap out of him as deserved.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-08-23 at 03:56.
Old 2009-08-23, 03:39   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Hahahahaha omg i so called this. I knew he wasn't going to get crap done to him. He's Super Fabio after all. -dies laughing-
To be fair, pretty much all we game players said that in the episode 20 thread.

Quote:
Are the writers in love with Faldio or something?
Well it was said at the beginning that they'll focus more on Faldio so they can appeal more to a female audience, so maybe the idea behind this adaptation is for that alone. Would explain pretty much EVERYTHING.

& flashback to loli Alicia what the hell.
Old 2009-08-23, 03:56   Link #51
CheezeRaider

My first time on Forum so I hope this comes out ok.

Having followed the forum for the last few eps I must concur that the anime VC cheats the game VC and does little justice to the well made game story.

My only consolation is that I simply accept that the anime and game are of different beast, as it was done by different writer. And having played the game myself I understand why many of the game player are so highly disappointed with the anime.

Having said that... however.... the anime writer is truely a moron. and these are my PERSONAL reason:

#1 people who have never been in combat or even in peace time military should never write war story without having done some sort of researches

#2 as combat soldier and a veteran, it's very painful for me watch even for a anime, a battle without any REAL tactics in battle field. All I saw were lots of screaming, crying and dying.

#3 I would never follow the anime Welkin into combat. Strong leaders have that certain aura of confidence about them with many other qualities ofcourse, which anime Welkins lacks. If the writers wants to insert a LT that's fine, but what the hell is with Pu$$y ass Welkin backing of because this college buddy wants that(Alicia) a$$. There is a saying the old military "soldier who don't F*** don't Fight. All's fair in love and war, but the anime version muddied that up aswell.

#4 Fabio is a Schizophrenia. It's the only way I can accept from him going all intellectual archeologist to emo, because the presentation for Fabio's PTS/D was terribly done.

#5 (someone correct me if I'm wrong as I don't want to re-watch the anime again but) wasn't the anime about the Welkin philosophy of Natural Science of life the theme of the VC story? ie.. Isara's struggle to be accepted as a Darcsen and even in her death had meaning to those who survived her, such as Rose. Everyday, all creatures fight to survive just one more day, because that one more day can have a meaning.. etc...(but instead we got Fabio is to $exxy for you bod).

#6 It's so blatantly obvious that the writer is a fan of Fabio that is very disruptive to the anime VC. That LT is epic fail.

I better stop.. I'm beginning to feel like a troll now, and I can go on for many pages... ...

as I finish the series will think happy thought and admit that anime VC was written for elementary schoolers who don't know any better.

And accept the fact like most of the watcher, only reason I'm watching the Rest of the anime VC is because we were all fan of the Game VC.

And like most idiots, even though it's horrible to watch.. ... sometimes it's just plain impossible to take your eyes of train wreck in progress. LOL
Old 2009-08-23, 03:57   Link #52
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Well it was said at the beginning that they'll focus more on Faldio so they can appeal more to a female audience, so maybe the idea behind this adaptation is for that alone. Would explain pretty much EVERYTHING.
And they're trying to accomplish this by dumbing things down? Way to go!

Aaargh!

And oh, welcome to the forums CheezeRaider. You bring up a lot of good points which we've all expressed in one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezeRaider
as I finish the series will think happy thought and admit that anime VC was written for elementary schoolers who don't know any better.

And accept the fact like most of the watcher, only reason I'm watching the Rest of the anime VC is because we were all fan of the Game VC.

And like most idiots, even though it's horrible to watch.. ... sometimes it's just plain impossible to take your eyes of train wreck in progress. LOL
Truer words have never been spoken. I can understand this feeling... I'm just not sure if that's supposed to be a good thing though.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:01   Link #53
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It never needed a Super Faldio in the first place to appeal audiences of all kinds, so it's not convincing of a reason to start that. That's rather a poor excuse for a poor piece of judgement leading to the downfall of an entire industry if you asked me.

Since we talk about the anime writer, I guess it was a poor choice anyway as CheezeRaider implied because the writer's credits include a number of series which are mainly light-hearted despite writing a few episodes for Blood+. I don't know why they hired that person when it could have been easier to just hire the guy who wrote for the game to adapt some elements without diverging from the many important themes in the story. When Square goes into Final Fantasy movies based on games (VII Advent Children and X-2), who would they call to write the script? Kazushige Nojima, of course! Why? Because nobody knows better on how to write stories about a world he knows best, he knows how to keep the essence of the story and he works in the FF industry for so long.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-08-23 at 04:19.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:03   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
It never needed a Super Faldio in the first place to appeal audiences of all kinds, so it's not convincing of a reason to start that. That's rather a poor excuse for a poor piece of judgement leading to the downfall of an entire industry if you asked me.
Well i'm only reading from an interview.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:15   Link #55
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished this episode with subs.
I haven't played the game (though I watched the gameplay videos) and whuile the fight isn't as specticular as in the game, it's still decent. The cutscenes in the game aren't any longer than the fight here, to be fair.
Spoiler for some of my thoughts:

And now another episode passed, some more complains are raised.
To be fair, let's not forget games are actually hard to be made into LAM or anime. Take SRWOG as another example. The only thing I dislike about that is those time rush against the bosses------in the game we need to use numerous units and take turns to attack to win, but it can't possibly be effectively shown on the anime.
Some of the local viewers also agree that part of the audiences are simply putting their thoughts from the game to the anime------making it looks pale in comparison. However I'm still enjoying the show, that's how the thoughts/expectations to an anime lead to differences.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:32   Link #56
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Finished this episode with subs.
I haven't played the game (though I watched the gameplay videos) and whuile the fight isn't as specticular as in the game, it's still decent. The cutscenes in the game aren't any longer than the fight here, to be fair.
Spoiler for some of my thoughts:

And now another episode passed, some more complains are raised.
To be fair, let's not forget games are actually hard to be made into LAM or anime. Take SRWOG as another example. The only thing I dislike about that is those time rush against the bosses------in the game we need to use numerous units and take turns to attack to win, but it can't possibly be effectively shown on the anime.
Some of the local viewers also agree that part of the audiences are simply putting their thoughts from the game to the anime------making it looks pale in comparison. However I'm still enjoying the show, that's how the thoughts/expectations to an anime lead to differences.
As I said, and as think quite a few other players think as well:

IT'S NOT BECAUSE I COMPARE IT TO THE GAME ANIME SUCKS, BUT BECAUSE ANIME SUCKS I COMPARE IT THE GAME.

All these whiners bitching about players complaining about anime, seem to ignore one thing - those complaints come because they are not happy with it as such and to point it out use the game, rather than because the adaptation does not match line to line an original source.

If anime was good even with LT or other differences from original you would not see as much complaints for sure. But because they find anime to be bad those comparisons with the game arise to point it where it sucks and ho better it was in original.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:34   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
To be fair, let's not forget games are actually hard to be made into LAM or anime.
Since when? If they just adapted the game material, then we wouldn't be having all these god awful problems that we keep laughing at each and every week.

& the fact that they don't have enough budget to animate more battle scenes is ridiculous. I mean they planned to animated a game, and it's main factor is a war theme, and we've only seen about 30% of it in this adaptation. Talk about not coming prepared.
Old 2009-08-23, 05:17   Link #58
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Oh my, that was terrible wasn't it?

Well it's not like we're masochists for watching on. More like we enjoy trains getting wrecked. I always come to see what they'll screw up this time.

Sadly this time I won't say "still, this episode was enjoyable" because alas it wasn't. SuperFaldio-ism has been irritating for a dozen episodes already and doesn't get any better.
The build up to Alicia's awakening was way too long and dragged out (and way too full of Faldio). The result is that Alicia's valkyria appearance lacked the "oomph" it deserved. When we we finally got to see her I felt less "wow" and more "ah... about time...".

They were slowly getting better up until now, but sadly this episode was disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker
Battles not withstanding there's a lot of story material in there, it's not like they're animating Street Fighters. The game is mostly talking heads and 3d animated scenes. They could have improved a lot on the original material but instead made a muddied down version of it.
How come I'm enjoying talking heads more than animated 2d? It's because the story is there, a story that makes sense and is aimed towards a more mature audience rather than assuming we all enjoy watching emo school kids.
Old 2009-08-23, 05:30   Link #59
Omniscient

Episode 21 Screenshots and Summary

I really didn't think the episode was as a bad as some people are making it sound. They're still focusing on Faldio too much, but they did explain why he shot Alicia, and the battle was still fun to watch for me who hasn't played the game. I mainly came out of this wishing that the animation quality had been better at such a critical part of the story.
Old 2009-08-23, 05:55   Link #60
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Battles not withstanding there's a lot of story material in there, it's not like they're animating Street Fighters. The game is mostly talking heads and 3d animated scenes. They could have improved a lot on the original material but instead made a muddied down version of it.
How come I'm enjoying talking heads more than animated 2d? It's because the story is there, a story that makes sense and is aimed towards a more mature audience rather than assuming we all enjoy watching emo school kids.
Not necessarily true. That's why I raised SRWOG as example------hell, the game was even 2D from the start and the anime followed most of the plots. But it's still being complained by fans wildly.
Why? Because (at least IMO) not all parts of a game can have better (if not equal) effects in a LAM or anime. TBH, if the whole anime is still a copy of the game then why should we watch the anime from teh start?

Perhaps I should stop before somebody here shout "STFU" at me.
My point is still the same however: the anime isn't as good as the game, but it's still decent to watch. Well, at least not for some people.
Closed Thread