Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 09:05   Link #421
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy shit.

Gratuitous over the top violence!
Limbs, blood and guts spewing from every mouth and orifice!
Bouncing titties every 10 seconds!
More panty shots than a Victoria's Secret model shoot!
Schoolgirls screaming in horror as they get devoured!
Schoolboys screaming in horror as they get eaten alive!
The undead walking and consuming all life in their path!
Ridiculously hilarious melodramatic drama and death!
The police and the military are powerless!
Only a group of improbably good-looking boys and improbably well-endowed girls stand in the way of survival and the destruction of Japan!

It's a fucking Zombie apocalypse B-Movie/Series! Takashi himself says so: It's fucking crazy and unrealistic!

It's also very likely the best opener of the season yet! (Yes I'm blogging this series)

People are going to kill me for saying it but I enjoyed the living undead out of the episode and what chapters of the manga I was able to read back in April (I've done only 2 chapters due to time issues), but looks like I'll be picking it up again.

Edit - Oops some of the screencaps in the link are probably NSFW
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:25   Link #422
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Quote:
It sticks to it’s guns and runs with it all the way, running through the entire pattern of the Zombie Apocalypse with a raging hard-on for Zombie murder and hot schoolgirls.
*snicker* That was a good review. I give it 5/5 decerebrated zombies. xD
Old 2010-07-05, 09:49   Link #423
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think way too much is being made of the pantyshots and breast bouncing. It was very realistic. It's not like breasts are 2 mounds of molded steel riveted into position so that they never move.
Old 2010-07-05, 10:03   Link #424
LR500

Brilliant first episode, loved it!

However, one gripe is that it was censored, not sure what time it goes out or on what channel, but I really do hope a DVD release will be uncut. Case in point, there is a scene of a guy committing suicide by jumping out of a window, in the episode I watched, the scene fades out before he hits the ground. Whereas, in the official series PV (which you can find on youtube), it shows him landing in a bloody heap with a splat.

In a show where every other shot is either fanservicey cleavage/panty shots or a zombie getting their heads bashed in, it seems a bit odd that they needed to censor this particular scene.
LR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:11   Link #425
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR500 View Post
Brilliant first episode, loved it!

However, one gripe is that it was censored, not sure what time it goes out or on what channel, but I really do hope a DVD release will be uncut. Case in point, there is a scene of a guy committing suicide by jumping out of a window, in the episode I watched, the scene fades out before he hits the ground. Whereas, in the official series PV (which you can find on youtube), it shows him landing in a bloody heap with a splat.

In a show where every other shot is either fanservicey cleavage/panty shots or a zombie getting their heads bashed in, it seems a bit odd that they needed to censor this particular scene.
I didn't think much of this particular scene to be honest and I don't think there was a need to see the splat to know what's happened. But one good thing so far is that there are no mysterious blackholes/bars/smoke or anything of that sort.

One thing I must comment on is how I just love the "fairness" in this series. Being a cute/hot girl gives no immunity to having your neck chewed off

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:12   Link #426
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Wow... just wow.

Great direction, artwork [I felt like I was watching 5 Cm. Per Second with some of the lighting on those desks], animation.... To be honest, it's almost too good to be true. I hope it keeps this up.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:12   Link #427
Velsy

whos subbing it ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:17   Link #428
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
whos subbing it ?
It's licensed by Sentai Filmworks and is being simulcasted by The Anime Network.
Old 2010-07-05, 10:19   Link #429
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

It was a really good episode.

At first I liked the OP, then the singing came in. Ehhhh...It was too all over the place.

The panty shots are rediculous. I usually don't mind them at all, but when they are killing zombies or a zombie is closing in on Rei, I want to see the zombie, not her panties. More gore. Less panties.

The ED is good, I think. I like rock-influenced anime music. You don't see alot of that these days.
HeadlessPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:22   Link #430
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I didn't think much of this particular scene to be honest and I don't think there was a need to see the splat to know what's happened. But one good thing so far is that there are no mysterious blackholes/bars/smoke or anything of that sort.

One thing I must comment on is how I just love the "fairness" in this series. Being a cute/hot girl gives no immunity to having your neck chewed off
What is arguably the most shocking scene in this entire episode was how Madhouse conveniently decided to show us a certain unnamed schoolgirl zombie food's exposed pink pantied lower half while her upper half was being slowly devoured.

If I were the zombie in question I'd prefer the lower half first but maybe that's just me.

And kindly leave comments on my upstart blog as I search for other blogs who will apparently try to keep this show.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:23   Link #431
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's licensed by Sentai Filmworks and is being simulcasted by The Anime Network.
Licensed on its first episode ? geez

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:30   Link #432
Midonin
Last Engage

Eight series this season have been licensed/are being simulcast.

This is because we live in the future.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:32   Link #433
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
What is arguably the most shocking scene in this entire episode was how Madhouse conveniently decided to show us a certain unnamed schoolgirl zombie food's exposed pink pantied lower half while her upper half was being slowly devoured.

If I were the zombie in question I'd prefer the lower half first but maybe that's just me.

And kindly leave comments on my upstart blog as I search for other blogs who will apparently try to keep this show.
I personally thought the scene where the students were beating each other up and stomping on each other was more shocking than any of the students being eaten. The scene with the two "best friends" was pretty shocking too.

How's the reception to this show in Japan?
Old 2010-07-05, 10:36   Link #434
LR500

Yeah, I found such scenes more disturbing, which left me puzzled as to the censorship of the suicide, which can be seen in full in the promo PV for the series. Must have been to do with the TV channel broadcast, it's just odd they would cut that, but not some of the more gorier scenes. Ohwell, it's a great show that i'll be following and hopefully we'll get it in all it's uncut, gorey glory on DVD/Blu-ray.
LR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:46   Link #435
dfens

All I can say is when this series is over I can die happy. That's how f-ing awesome it was when I downloaded the first episode. Did notice they did censor it a bit and the stream quality wasn't true 720P but I'm getting a true HD uncensored rip right now.

As a big fan of the series, owning all the books and figures etc, it was worth the 3 year wait.

Scared me so much that I was glad I had my H&K USP 9mm next me after I finished watching it and went to bed. Well it's usually their anyway but I had 1 more reason to be glad I had it ready. Zombies!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dfens; 2010-07-05 at 11:13.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:50   Link #436
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Let's just get the sub-forum opened already - we all know it's coming!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:54   Link #437
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessPony View Post
It was a really good episode.

At first I liked the OP, then the singing came in. Ehhhh...It was too all over the place.

The panty shots are rediculous. I usually don't mind them at all, but when they are killing zombies or a zombie is closing in on Rei, I want to see the zombie, not her panties. More gore. Less panties.

The ED is good, I think. I like rock-influenced anime music. You don't see alot of that these days.
Youre watching the wrong series then. This is a fanservice survival series, and they make no bones about it.

I wonder what the episode will be like where that one kid sets himself up as "god" in that bus, and has himself a harem...
Old 2010-07-05, 10:54   Link #438
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Let's just get the sub-forum opened already - we all know it's coming!
Sooner or later, yes

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:05   Link #439
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Production values were outstanding. Pacing, action, image all first-rate. But there was no time given for the characters to think, and the action happened without enough inner background, it seemed to me. The expression of emotion was fine, but I felt as if any feeling of something actually going on inside the characters' heads was sacrificed to action.

Maybe that will change after we get this hook episode out of the way, and maybe it's just how this genre works. Haven't seen many (or any) zombie shows of any kind, myself.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:17   Link #440
Jarmel

One thing I realized while watching the anime is that even in the manga, everybody is still suffering from shock to a small degree.
Spoiler for manga comment:
Anyway the episode was a much slower pace than I thought. I didn't like the CG zombies and it did seem that they might have over-emphasized the pantie thing. I did laugh pretty hard at the girl kicking her best friend down the stairs. They also did a great job depicting Takashi's mental state at the end of the episode through his eyes.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse