AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-08, 05:40   Link #1
Hao0600
Shaman King

Will Winamp 5 work....

I want to play my downloaded anime video.... Will Winamp 5 work? Do I need codecs or anything? pls. HELP......
Old 2004-06-08, 06:07   Link #2
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Windows media player classic is better IMO. You'll also want to grab ffdshow, which has support for a good number of codecs, and the Xvid codec, which lots of groups use for their episodes.

And for a rare number of episodes you may need an OGG decoder or the Matroska pack for .mkv files, but those two are rare so you probably won't have to worry about them.
Old 2004-06-08, 08:08   Link #3
Hao0600
Shaman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Windows media player classic is better IMO. You'll also want to grab ffdshow, which has support for a good number of codecs, and the Xvid codec, which lots of groups use for their episodes.

And for a rare number of episodes you may need an OGG decoder or the Matroska pack for .mkv files, but those two are rare so you probably won't have to worry about them.

If so... Can I install windows media player classic over windows media player 9? I've tried to install windows media player 7 over windows media playr 9 and it won't install...
Old 2004-06-08, 08:40   Link #4
TronDD
Team the box!

Media Player classic installs along side of Media Player 9. Think of it as a completely different program.
Old 2004-06-08, 12:01   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well I use the coremedia player final and it plays all formats even DVDs and ogm
ogg avis mpegs ..try it you wont be sorry
Old 2004-06-08, 13:53   Link #6
flammie
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao0600
If so... Can I install windows media player classic over windows media player 9? I've tried to install windows media player 7 over windows media playr 9 and it won't install...
Media Player Classic isn't by Microsoft, it's an open source media player. There is no installation necessary, just unzip and run.