AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 16:26   Link #101
Midonin
Last Engage

First time a Hidamari season was licensed before it went to air. Nice.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 16:43   Link #102
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I was wondering, who will cook for everyone after Hiro graduate.
Yuno, obviously. We have seen her making STEW and I feel she's a responsible individual. Then again, Nazuna could surprise us all
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 05:12   Link #103
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I was wondering, who will cook for everyone after Hiro graduate.
I think the mangaka has thought about this, with a MogMog family restaurant opening close to Hidamari Apartments (Hoshimittsu special 1). There's also the all-you-can-eat buffet too.
Old 2012-10-04, 14:18   Link #104
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

OP and ED out. Characters actually look normal aka lighter compared to the PV. Decent songs; at least I won't be skipping either one.

Spoiler for OP:

Spoiler for ED:
Old 2012-10-04, 14:29   Link #105
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm not impressed with the OP yet. Can't really get into the song, though that might take some time. The ED is good, though.
Old 2012-10-04, 14:44   Link #106
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

I do like the upbeat intro of the OP, but the tongue twisters are not really my thing. Fortunately, the visual matter (Yoshinoya-sensei and... trippy Headmaster) make for some of it. Hoshimittsu OP is still my favourite, and sadly this one doesn't come close.

The ED has a nice tranquil feel. I like the rather melancholic expressions of the cast.
Old 2012-10-04, 15:59   Link #107
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Promo video!

I like SHAFT best when they're like this...

Spoiler for Promo OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Spoiler for OP:
Ah now I see. The line that belongs to Hiro got replaced by Sae in the promo. Gotou is probabily not fully recovered back then.

My ranking for Hidasuke OP:

Hoshi x3
Honeycomb (Visual helps)
SP
Season 1

Actually I don't expect them to top Hoshi x3 OP in the first place so I'm fine with this.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 17:25   Link #108
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Yuno, obviously. We have seen her making STEW and I feel she's a responsible individual. Then again, Nazuna could surprise us all
Spoiler for episode 1 of Honeycomb:
Old 2012-10-04, 21:27   Link #109
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Still the same as charming as it was before. I love when they just keep it simple like how it is. Yuno is no longer shy like she was. Is it me getting used to her seiyuu's voice or am I hearing a bit of difference to the first season's Yuno?
Old 2012-10-04, 21:29   Link #110
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Still the same as charming as it was before. I love when they just keep it simple like how it is. Yuno is no longer shy like she was. Is it me getting used to her seiyuu's voice or am I hearing a bit of difference to the first season's Yuno?
I'll take Option #3: Yuno is actually having character development.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 21:56   Link #111
kimpleng
Lurker

Yuno voice indeed bit different in this season. Asumi Kana using voice version that more similar to Popura. Because she talk a bit slowly, it becomes different. But hey Yuno is teenager. Its not a strange if you think there is few pitch change in her voice after few years.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:31   Link #112
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 01 - *Is Not An Afro

Much like To Love Ru, Hidamari has been with me for so long that a new season debuting, even if it's the first in a few years, barely registers on my mind. The novelty's worn off, but the warm and comforting feeling of being with friends you know hasn't faded. If anything, it's as strong as ever. Shaft is at their Shaftiest, with the opening and ending both having some beautiful shots, and Yuno and Miyako are getting along just fine. (Compared to Ann and Aines, anyway.)

Hiro and Sae were always like a married couple, but the married coupleness just shot up to like 200% with this episode. Natsume is eternally unlucky, but her chance will come one of these days. Nori and Nazuna are as fun as ever, and they're the ones who show just how far Yuno has come from the days of season one. Yoshinoya's costumes, the principal's indignation (what is it that anime has for alpacas?), they're all here. My favorite gag was the spy one, with the eyecatch that followed immediately afterward. Hidamari Spy looks like a lot of fun.

To be here and discussing the fourth season of an anime, something that's only happened once before for me, feels strange, and yet, it's a sure sign of success. I love TBS's lineup this season. It's so soothing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 04:18   Link #113
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Spoiler for episode 1 of Honeycomb:

First episode was... great. And why wouldn't it be? It's the fourth season already and Shaft has an established direction for this show. It works for me.

It was great seeing the gang back, but it was also great seeing some fresh faces (other seniors). Hopefully the juniors go through somekind of character development as the seniors get busier as the school year progresses.

Natsume, poor girl ;_; This is your season, I can feel it! I love her tsundere moments because of her jittery voice; it doesn't get too high-pitched and thus annoying.

What do I expect in the future? More slife of life goodness and subtext!
Old 2012-10-05, 09:00   Link #114
SamCurt

It was surprisingly quick to tune back from the masculine, down to earth slice of life (DLoHSB) to a more feminine, warm-and-fuzzy slice-of-life that is Hidamari Sketch, the anime that made me a member here in the first place--SSX365 was a Summer 2008 anime, as you can see.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 16:08   Link #115
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
It was great seeing the gang back, but it was also great seeing some fresh faces (other seniors). Hopefully the juniors go through somekind of character development as the seniors get busier as the school year progresses.
To me, this will depend on what storylines will be adapted this season,
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2012-10-05, 18:32   Link #116
Requiem-x
The slacking one

The moment I heard "the" jingle, a big smile plastered itself on my face, like seeing your best friend after a long time.

Hidamari sketch is the perfect example of "If it is't broken, don't fix it". Everything is still exactly as I remember it (except Yuno getting more accostumed to Miyako being Miyako, which was a very nice touch), and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Ok, I do want Natsume to stop being so stubornly tsundere, but you know what I mean.

Also
Spoiler for Episode 1:

P.S: I want more Natsume, Nori and Arisawa!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:26   Link #117
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Great to have them all back.
Old 2012-10-06, 08:41   Link #118
Sol Falling

Goddamn, look at that animation. Gorgeous, lol. SHAFT has really stepped things up in the period of time since Nisemonogatari. This season really captures the softness of Ume-sensei's art, which itself feels like it has levelled up her recent work significantly.

Anyway, I found this:
http://ameblo.jp/goto-yuko/entry-11371554451.html

(not my own translation)
Quote:
Right now, Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb went on air.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/hidamari/
Did you notice it?
I was playing Hiro.
I could come back to Hidamari apartments.

I'm so glad.

Everyone's waiting until the last possible moment for me that I was told I won't work as usual this year.

Two of my managers carried me to the studio.

All of the studio's staff contacting with me put masks to prevent infection.

I got each "welcome back" from all of the cast of Hidamari.

Ume sensei was waiting at the studio, and said me "welcome back."

When I first said "I'm home," I was tearing.

I knew it, I always knew it,
it's really warm.
Quote:
To everyone who supported this blog, I am back.(*;_;*)
This is what I've wanted to say for a long time
Thank you for waiting for me
Thank you for praying for me
Thank you to those who believed in me more than I believed in myself

I wore my favourite one piece to the first day of recording
The strength of my body and muscles still leaves a lot to be desired, but I have passion, excitement, and the love of those around me this is my strength for now.
Made me tear up in the middle of a lounge at school in public, lol. You could tell in this episode that Hiro's voice was a bit subdued. I really hope Yuko Goto recovers well, and really appreciate the passion all of the staff pour into the series. Hidamari Sketch has been a special series for me ever since I stumbled across it (honestly one of my very top favourite SHAFT anime) so it's a real privilege to get to follow it again.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 08:52   Link #119
ruklove

i like it 10/10 for me
ruklove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:10   Link #120
teja208
Critical fanboy

I've prepared myself with a couple of dozen extra nutbladders just for this, glad it paid off but I broke my yuri googles instead. It appears Shaft wants to blind me by spaming HiroxSae. I need to get a stronger pair for next episode.

I think this is also the first time I've seen school trip to Hokkaido. I've never been there before so it's really refreshing. When it comes to Hokkaido I always thought of cows and crabs but not bears and alpacas so I've learned something as well. Lastly, we even get a simulation preview of how will the rest of Hidamari residents handle each other after third years graduate. I can't picture Yuno as third year at all, her height isn't helping either. Great episode like always.

P.S. You know what's so exciting about new season of Hidamari? Guessing which episode will Chika made her visit. This time it's even better since there is also Arisawa senpai to look forward to.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen