AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 06:26   Link #1
chancs

Tsurugi no Joou to Rakuin no Ko [Light Novel]

Original Title: 剣の女王と烙印の仔
Author: Hikaru Sugii
Illustrator: Yu Jin
Publisher: MF Bunko J
Volumes: 8

Quote:
Chris was a boy who was cursed with the Brand of the Beast that devoured the fates of the surrounding people. His life changed when he met a girl when he was wandering a corpse-laden battlefield as a young mercenary. She, Minerva, appeared before his eyes waving a huge sword in clothes of pure white. With the power of foresight and overwhelming swordsmanship, she was a legendary swordswoman feared as a grim reaper. Smiling in slaughter and weeping in sleep, that was the heavy burden shouldered by the girl. That fateful night, Minerva's fate of being killed by Chris was distorted by the brand. The two souls destined to be in the company of death met in the depths of despair. In the symphony of blades and blood, the boy and girl's beautiful legend of sorrowful magnificence is born!
[edit]Updates
From BT

I found this series to be very enjoyable with the protagonists having their fate intertwined with each other.

Spoiler:
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 08:18   Link #2
Insane
Banned

After reading 3 chapters, i found out that, unlike other Sugii Hikaru's works (KamiMemo, Piano Sonata), this one has much darker and full of brutality (Hell, he doesn't hesitate to depict a head flying from one's body, and limbs got severed). Fortunately the action scenes in this series are superb and not boring at all.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 10:37   Link #3
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I have only a simple question... and a very unimportant, unnecessary one, just for the fun of it. It seems I can't estimate the "boy's" age, so what I'd want to know is, is the "queen" older? How young is the "boy"?

Either way this looks like it could be yet another interesting read.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 15:00   Link #4
Zakoo

Dunno but if the boy went through 200 new moons it should make him in his 16.

Interesting i loved the beginning, medieval situation like in this novel or Vanadis are always my favorites.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:41   Link #5
blackwhite67
Banned

@Master_Assassin: It sounds as if the boy is younger. Is this a shotacon harem or what? Kind of reminds me of The Circumstances of Waltraute's Marriage.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:32   Link #6
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

For anyone who read to the end
Spoiler for LN:
Old 2012-10-08, 17:47   Link #7
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, I thought this series was very weird.. it was just inconsistent to me? Like she's this crazy murderous rampage and kills hundreds of people..

And then gets defeated easily and requires rescuing?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 01:11   Link #8
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I have only a simple question... and a very unimportant, unnecessary one, just for the fun of it. It seems I can't estimate the "boy's" age, so what I'd want to know is, is the "queen" older? How young is the "boy"?

Either way this looks like it could be yet another interesting read.
The boy is sixteen of age
The girl is seventeen and
The leader is eighteen...wow still 18 and leading an army
Old 2012-10-09, 01:12   Link #9
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm, I thought this series was very weird.. it was just inconsistent to me? Like she's this crazy murderous rampage and kills hundreds of people..

And then gets defeated easily and requires rescuing?
Are you talking about when both of them meet each other at the beginning?
Old 2012-10-09, 01:16   Link #10
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I should note that this series's author did many great works as well, such as Kamisama no memo cho, sayonara piano sonata, etc...

This seem more suiting for picture service [warning bikini]
Old 2012-10-09, 02:30   Link #11
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hikaru sugii on mf bunko? Is this really allowed considering kami memo is published by dengeki?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 02:32   Link #12
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hikaru sugii on mf bunko? Is this really allowed considering kami memo is published by dengeki?
I guess, I mean it's just different publishers publishing different books, there shouldn't be any legal issues with it. Hikaru sugii made tons of other books as well
Wiki
Look at all those different publishers....
Old 2012-10-09, 02:42   Link #13
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I know he already published a lot of title(hikaru sensei has a bad habit of working on multiple series at once and taking a long time to write new volume for a particular series due to said habit), but I thought all his works are published by ascii media works and its subsidiary lol. I somehow got the impression that once an author's big work is published by a publishing company, all of his works are going to be published by the same company, just under different label(for example, narita sensei, hasegawa sensei, and kamachi sensei). I guess I was wrong lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 02:45   Link #14
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I know he already published a lot of title, but I thought all his works are published by ascii media works and its subsidiary lol. I somehow got the impression that once an author's big work is published by a publishing company, all of his works are going to be published by the same company, just under different label(for example, narita sensei, hasegawa sensei, and kamachi sensei). I guess I was wrong lol.
Well guess he's an exception, but then again he have like tons of series, while most author just have a few~
Old 2012-10-09, 10:33   Link #15
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Are you talking about when both of them meet each other at the beginning?
Spoiler for Spoiler? It's already translated?:

Last edited by willx; 2012-10-09 at 13:42.
Old 2012-10-09, 13:39   Link #16
1urk3r

Quote:
I'm talking about how she's so powerful when she meets up with him and all the people she killed and fought through to where he was .. before their duel.

Then after they meet each other and are escaping from the battlefield, she gets cornered quite easily (him too) and they require saving by the rest of the army of her country?
Spoiler for spoil maybe?:

(should this stuff be in spoiler?)

Last edited by 1urk3r; 2012-10-09 at 13:57.
1urk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:45   Link #17
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1urk3r View Post
Isn't that right after they smacked each other around resulting in wounds and fatigue for both of them all the while evading as much of the enemy as possible and never really recuperating from their duel?

Fair enough? I just felt the novel introductions for both characters emphasized their OP-ness and how when locked inside an enemy's city they would still survive and eradicate all their enemies.. It just felt forced to me? Maybe it's just me -- I'm reading the translated chapters on BT and it just felt "off"
Old 2012-10-09, 13:54   Link #18
1urk3r

Well I figured the random people who don't get names were fodder or trash mobs like in an RPG leading up to the boss battles etc... where the MC is the the final boss for the heroine.

Through some stroke of luck i suppose the MC never encountered his boss battle "when locked inside an enemy's city..."
1urk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:56   Link #19
chancs

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler? It's already translated?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1urk3r View Post
Spoiler for spoil maybe?:

Spoiler: