AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-27, 21:34   Link #801
Major1138

Well to be fair to Mayumura & Toshiya, they've won two Koshien tournaments - so it's not as if they've just been beating up on rookies.

Speaking of Mayumura & Toshiya....
Spoiler for manga spoilers:
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 08:00   Link #802
Takanome

Episode 8 (86) opening new characters update:
Spoiler for screens:

Episodes 8 & 9: The story shifts back to Japan

Last edited by Takanome; 2008-03-01 at 08:22.
Takanome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 12:01   Link #803
Connavar

I just want to say im glad MJN is back on Major and has caught up the other groups.

I havent watched Major for a long while ever since near the end of season 3. Its good to know i can choose MJN. I dont like the other groups as much.

About Goro vs Toshiya and Myumura. I dont see how you could miss Goro striking out Mayumura and not letting Toyisha hit a homer like he usually does. The fact they won with the best team in the country barely against a severly injuried Goro who played on a weak team shows they cant touch Goro without an injury.

He would won even with the injury if his team was only decent team and not full of rookies.

Prolly why Toshiya didnt care when he was told they would return the championship flag. How fun is it being a champion just cause you barely beat a team cause their pitcher ace was injured on purpose by your manager.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:13   Link #804
AnimEcoli

I just finish season 3. I was wondering whats the outlook for Goro X shimizu. Are they ever going to get it going???
AnimEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:50   Link #805
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimEcoli View Post
I just finish season 3. I was wondering whats the outlook for Goro X shimizu. Are they ever going to get it going???
One simple answer.

Spoiler for small spoiler:
Old 2008-03-09, 13:45   Link #806
silverstar11

Send a message via MSN to silverstar11
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
One simple answer.

Spoiler for small spoiler:
I can't wait to see episode 8+ where the scenes are back to Japan. The last time I checked the latest (with english sub) is episode 6. Or am I wrong? >.<
silverstar11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 02:16   Link #807
Megiddo

Ep. 85

Episode 85 was pretty good, but what I'm really excited about is the preview for episode 86.

Spoiler:

Seems Goro might actually stay on the same team for more than two episodes now o_0
Megiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 07:23   Link #808
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just caught up to Major 89 raw.

Spoiler:

Speaking of which, did...

Spoiler for episode 90:

Speaking of which, I need my Ayane and Ryoko filler. ;_;

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:34   Link #809
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

contains spoiler for very future episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-18, 21:52   Link #810
Hage-bai
Banned

Spoiler:
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 01:46   Link #811
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Meh, personally, I don't really like Shimizu, though Goro/Kaori is pretty much cemented 6 feet under already.

I've checked Wiki JP, and it does seem that Major 90 will be indeed be an anime original episode.

Even though S4 had director and animation studio changes from S1/2/3's Kasai and Studio Hibari, it seems the trend of having a small degree of original filler for characters not relevant to the Chronicles of Goro will stay.

Sometimes, I feel that Major treats its secondary characters too much like Hikaru no Go. Because the secondaries cannot catch up and walk the same road as Goro, they be kicked sidelines, sometimes never seen again. Realistic in the sense here, but harsh. ;_;

That being said, gimme more Alice, Ryoko, Ayane, Taiga, etc filler.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-03-19, 04:49   Link #812
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Sometimes, I feel that Major treats its secondary characters too much like Hikaru no Go. Because the secondaries cannot catch up and walk the same road as Goro, they be kicked sidelines, sometimes never seen again. Realistic in the sense here, but harsh. ;_;
I fully agree with you, that's my only complaint of Major: not enough fillers.
Kind of the opposite of Touch which had way too many fillers ^^;
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 13:49   Link #813
silverstar11

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
contains spoiler for very future episode.
Spoiler:
Same here, I kinda love the sports + romance type of story. And I'm looking forward to shimizuxgoro moments.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-19, 21:43   Link #814
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar11 View Post
Same here, I kinda love the sports + romance type of story. And I'm looking forward to shimizuxgoro moments.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-20, 08:41   Link #815
silverstar11

Kyaaaa, so excited. Thanks for the info!
Old 2008-03-26, 01:10   Link #816
striderm
Adusa #1

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...5900_front.jpg

Now this makes me excited.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 20:24   Link #817
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Does anyone know what's the bgm playing during the more emotional scenes of MAJOR, most recent one as in Mayumura vs Shigeno in the last Kaido strikeout?

And the latest episode was boring. Should've been a Ryoko or Seishuu filler instead. -_-

At least the anime's moving back to the proper plot by introducing him.

Old 2008-03-28, 20:00   Link #818
Major1138

At first I didn't really like the OP for this season, but I have to say it's starting to grow on me. Plus it helps that the "full" OP animation is much, much better than the temporary one.

I wonder where they plan on ending the story this season. At first I thought they might do like they did in season 2, where they basically split it into two parts and speed the timeline up a bit, but it looks like they're going to do like they did in seasons 1 and 3, where it runs through in one continuous storyline.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 21:56   Link #819
mit7059

Crunchyroll.com is reporting that Major has been licenced, but i can find any record of this, anyone hear anything?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 19:11   Link #820
Uso!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
At first I didn't really like the OP for this season, but I have to say it's starting to grow on me. Plus it helps that the "full" OP animation is much, much better than the temporary one.
I second that, the opening song by Ootomo Kouhei was definitely one I had to get used to, but now I love it. The single was recently released, I believe on the 26th, but I can't find it anywhere.

Also, to continue the Goro vs. Mayumura vs. Toshiya argument:

I don't think it's entirely fair to compare them. I believe the main similarity between Goro and Mayumura (what's the guy's first name, anyway?) is that they're both gyroballers, and they're both fair hitters (for pitchers, that is). We all know what road Goro has chosen to be where he is now, and he has chosen the road less traveled and he's come far with it. The fact is, we know Goro. We know how much crap and adversity he's gone through in his life, and how he managed to rise above it. We know that he damaged his shoulder so he became a southpaw, we know that he passed the chance to become a pro for the Blue Oceans to go undrafted to the US. These are testament to his character and the risks he's willing to take. He's arrogant and insolent and whatnot, but you can't deny that Goro has a lot of courage. I can't really remember a single moment when he decided to take the easy way out.

What do we know about Mayumura, anyway? Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favourites of the series, but as far as I'm concerned, he's untested. Yes, he was handpicked by Kaido and he's won at Koshien, but it was almost a given since Kaido was made up of the absolute best. How skilled is he really? The fact is, we don't know, because he's remained a bit of an enigma. 'Enigma', in this case, is just a better word for 'one-dimensional' *cough*

If these two were to be compared in a fair match, from beginning to end, and both were 100% healthy - I think I have a good idea who would come out on top.

Same goes for Toshiya, who's always been on the strongest team, so winning for him was a given (Yokohama Little, Kaido), and like Mayumura he's largely untested. He's talented, and a decent game caller and another fair hitter, but he always seems to play it safe. He tends to analyze things to death, which makes him a good tactician, but not on the same level of talent as Goro.

And like someone mentioned earlier, remember that Goro has only been a southpaw since middle school, so he still has a while to go before he truly reaches the level he would've reached had he not damaged his shoulder.

*On a sidenote: I would love to know about Mayumura in the latest manga installments ... if anyone would care to tell me?*
Uso! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports