AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-25, 10:08   Link #7861
Destined_Fate

They are the director and his wife incarnate into the anime. Thus they must have their tyranny ended in their own show they're a part of.

That and my gawd, did everyone forget how bad Kira and Lacus fans in Japan whined and moaned until they got their way which in turn started the descent of Destiny turning from great potential to straight bad?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 10:32   Link #7862
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They are the director and his wife incarnate into the anime. Thus they must have their tyranny ended in their own show they're a part of.
Oh yeah, splendid logic. Get rid of the “annoying” fictional characters but still hire the very writer & director who actually ruin the story. Absolutely genius.

Quote:
That and my gawd, did everyone forget how bad Kira and Lacus fans in Japan whined and moaned until they got their way which in turn started the descent of Destiny turning from great potential to straight bad?
Let me quote myself here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In that case, it would be both the fans and the writer’s fault (and probably some other outside factor), not the fault of fictional characters within the story like Lacus & Kira.
Old 2013-06-25, 10:44   Link #7863
Admiral Larsen

Quote:

I haven't forgotten (shudders). Their whining and moaning worsened the situation and irrevocably damaged the potential of the two characters (if the director and his wife had not done enough damage already).
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 11:08   Link #7864
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
doesn't matter.

He ask what if Lacus was in Cagalli shoes.
Leader of country without any supporter.

Will she break down like her?
Or find away to win even though she was alone?
In SEED, Lacus was somewhat in the shoes of Cagali in Destiny. She had her breaking moments, but she was definitely going through with it alone.

She said quite clearly during the final battle of SEED that if she should lose Kira, the movement must continue. She was intending to advance or die trying, with or without Kira.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-06-25 at 11:59.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 12:23   Link #7865
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
In SEED, Lacus was somewhat in the shoes of Cagali in Destiny. She had her breaking moments, but she was definitely going through with it alone.

She said quite clearly during the final battle of SEED that if she should lose Kira, the movement must continue. She was intending to advance or die trying, with or without Kira.

- Tak
Well Lacus really wasn't alone, she had everyone on the AA and Kira to help her through after all when her dad died she already was with Kira. Did she choose to use them i don't remember, but Cagalli in Destiny didn't have any help what so ever during the Orb events. Well she got kidnapped but by that time the damage was already done.

The last part, anyone can say that but would they walk the talk? who knows, Lacus could have made it through to the end of Seed but then in Destiny she would be dead. the whole professional hit-squad would have killed her, if kira and freedom wasn't there. And Cagalli would have married Yuna.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:39   Link #7866
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
Well Lacus really wasn't alone, she had everyone on the AA and Kira to help her through after all when her dad died she already was with Kira. Did she choose to use them i don't remember, but Cagalli in Destiny didn't have any help what so ever during the Orb events. Well she got kidnapped but by that time the damage was already done.
For the most part, Lacus actually acted alone in SEED. Kira was sent back to Earth while Lacus continued her lonely resistance in PLANT. Hell, she endangered herself by sending Kira away with the Freedom.

They were not reunited until much, much later, when Lacus made her move to escape into space, which was a dangerous gamble. One that worked, but dangerous.

She pulled this again in Destiny, when she traveled to space alone in order to rally her forces.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:44   Link #7867
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I liked the Girty Lue line ships, too bad they got the short end. T_T

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 12:49   Link #7868
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There was only the one Girty Lue, wasn't there? Which makes sense, given how it wasn't technically supposed to exist.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:50   Link #7869
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There was only the one Girty Lue, wasn't there? Which makes sense, given how it wasn't technically supposed to exist.
2 if you count Stargazer, not sure about Astray lines, I never liked those stories much.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 12:54   Link #7870
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Huh, okay. The second one's name was Nana Buluku, correct?
Old 2013-06-25, 13:11   Link #7871
Aquaman OS

You know that Kira and Lacus fans whining until they took over the show was BS right? They were clearly going to be important from the very start of the show seeing as the OP and eye catch showed them very prominantly (of course people claimed that they wouldn't show up at all like how Amuro and Char were in ZZ's op but never appeared, but surprise CE is not UC)

And the staff have said that Destiny was always supposed to have ended as it did, with Shinn staying with Durandal and being defeated by the Clyne Faction, losing everything. There was no last minute plot rewrite, because fans boycotted the show until their favorite characters were the lead again, that was the entire point of his story arc. Fukuda even said one of Destiny's inspirations was the Star Wars prequel trilogy and we all know what happens there. And sure enough, Shinn is a young Darth Vader and Durandal is Palpatine.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 13:14   Link #7872
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

With how often word of god flipflops on SEED and Destiny, I find the statement "always supposed to have ended like that" very suspect.

The other bit, the one about them supposed to be important I can buy--it was just handled poorly, just like the Kira/Lacus pairing in the first season.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:39   Link #7873
Tak

Quote:
With how often word of god flipflops on SEED and Destiny, I find the statement "always supposed to have ended like that" very suspect.
Thats actually very true. FATkuda is one of the least consistent individual I know.

And his bit on Sakamoto's marriage was quite troublesome.

- Tak

Old 2013-06-25, 13:56   Link #7874
Aquaman OS

Yeah but the based on Star Wars thing which he's always been consistant about(and he is in fact a Star Wars fan), suggests Shinn's story was always going to end up in that direction.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:58   Link #7875
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

This is the first time I've heard anything about Star Wars in Gundam SEED. Care to elaborate?
Old 2013-06-25, 14:07   Link #7876
Tak

Quote:
This is the first time I've heard anything about Star Wars in Gundam SEED. Care to elaborate?
FATkuda is a big Star Wars fan, a fact he admitted himself. He mimicked Dully's HQ to that of Palpatine's, while Shinn was modeled after Anakin. Anakin, as we know, used to be kind and good, until he was corrupted and resorted to power in order to solve all of life's shortcomings (while still thinking he was doing the world a favor).

Of course, Shinn had a happier ending. He was not turned into a bot and retained his love interest (or more a last-minute hookup).

- Tak

Old 2013-06-25, 14:10   Link #7877
The American Average
2LMES

but my problem with this Shinn=Anakin thing is, Shinn was to be the "Fallen Hero" but in the story he just seemed like he didn't know what to do so just followed who ever said "follow". In the End of the show Kira and Athrun make up with Shinn making it, to me, not a fallen hero just a confuse kid who didn't know who to trust but finally got direction after everything was said and done.

Now if in the end of the show Shinn just went over the Deep end and became the next evil guy then sure i would totally buy the fallen hero. something Like Shinn becomes like a Darth Vader clone. The great and evil Shinn follows the next Rey clone and they take on the Clyne Faction/ZAFT. beating them to oblivion, so years later the story can be like Kira is Yoda and Athrun is Obi-Wan, and they train the next pair of twins. heck this plot could be fun. Go for it Fukuda make it happen =p
Old 2013-06-25, 15:01   Link #7878
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
I haven't forgotten (shudders). Their whining and moaning worsened the situation and irrevocably damaged the potential of the two characters (if the director and his wife had not done enough damage already).
Fan meddling did harm those characters a great deal and hurt Destiny a ton which should have been more about Shinn and him growing as a character with Athrun guiding him. They could have even spent more time developing Shinn x Lunamaria as there was no way Shinn x Stellar was ever a thing as he saw her as his dead sister that he failed to save. The most they did with the Specials and Remaster was tone down Lunamaria's crush on Athrun and had her looking for Shinn more often, calling out his name, and being more worried about him. Shinn though is mostly unchanged as a relationship should be two ways so they should have had Shinn at least have some increased attraction or concern for Lunamaria.

Such as when Lunamaria is injured and no one was there to greet her at the med bay with Shinn, Rey, the green shirts, and even Lunamaria's sister just brushing all that off like Lunamaria wasn't just close to death or something.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 15:02   Link #7879
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
It still bother me how did Murrue Ramius outcoordinate the coordinator elite squadron.
Ok I'm going to nitpick a bit. But is there any proof that the hit squad was an "elite" unit other than fan assumption? Because I've seen the word applied to the squad a lot with very little visual support imo.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 15:26   Link #7880
Aquaman OS

They are refered to as a "Zaft special ops team" in the leaders profile on the site and in background material.

No word if they are "elite" although one would assume so.

That being said, there are plenty of "elite" soldiers and pilots in Gundam that none the less look like chumps compared to the main characters, so this is nothing new.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep