AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 07:03   Link #881
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
I've begun to consider starting Rewrite, now that I've acquired and properly gotten it working.

Considering I'd be using Google Translate like with most untranslated novels, I would likely move along at a snail's pace, but it seems like the effort would be worth it (since I can restructure and get the gist of the sentences after correcting their failtranslations via Google). I've also noticed upon looking through some of the VN's menu that KEY has finally come up with a replacement for the REALLIVE engine, and it looks freaking amazing in my eyes.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 08:20   Link #882
Watanuki-kun

If it works for you can you please tell us and say if it's worth it?
If it does please explain how you did it ^_^
Watanuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:29   Link #883
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by etalocohc84 View Post
The only animation studio I believe can pull off a decent job is KyoAni, considering the relation it has with previous KEY games. I'm afraid that other studios might have budget issues doing long series and will try changing so much that they butcher the story.
I'd like White Fox to do it. They're doing an excellent job of adapting Steins;Gate and their character designs for Rewrite are already made and pretty much perfect.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:54   Link #884
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really doubt White Fox can sustain such a long and erratic franchise though.
Steins;gate is much more mood heavy, and I honestly can't consider them with a proper budget to put it bluntly (well huke style is definitely not possible to reproduce in an anime fashion, that's a given). Production wise, White Fox aren't anything stellar, on the very average spectrum in fact.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:24   Link #885
Jao
panchi~

Then maybe PA Works. I just can't see KyoAni doing this.

I'd love it if they did, though.
Old 2011-08-01, 14:23   Link #886
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
If this game ever gets animated, I hope that it is ~50 episodes. Since the heroines' routes are mutually exclusive, but still important, the anime should have something similar to the story arc "reset" in Higurashi.

The only animation studio I believe can pull off a decent job is KyoAni, considering the relation it has with previous KEY games. I'm afraid that other studios might have budget issues doing long series and will try changing so much that they butcher the story.

I also want Oppai Route as an extra episode. Maybe even an episode where

Spoiler for Terra route:
Could anyone explain how the "resets" are pulled off or explained? Because

Spoiler for Rewrite:

Oh. oh, and Kagari should have an entire episode devoted to her magical-girl persona.

Old 2011-08-01, 16:00   Link #887
etalocohc84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Could anyone explain how the "resets" are pulled off or explained?
Maybe Higurashi was a bad example, but it's valid since

Spoiler for Higurashi and Rewrite:

What I meant is that the first several episodes has the character introduction and Kotarou along with everyone else joining the occult club. Afterwards, Kotarou chooses only one specific heroine and goes down that path until the ending. The following episode jumps back to when everyone recently joined the club and Kotarou chooses someone else. A different example of the "reset" would be the anime Amagami SS.

I believe that Rewrite cannot follow that same direction that KyoAni made with Clannad in selecting one main heroine from the beginning and then briefly going into other heroines' route (but cutting off at Kyou and Tomoyo's route before going to far into it). The reason is that

Spoiler for All Routes in Rewrite:

Side note: I heard Angel Beats was supposed to 24-26 episodes but PA Works was forced to compress it to 13 episodes. That's why I didn't feel PA Works was ready for Rewrite. I guess PA Works is fine too.

Last edited by etalocohc84; 2011-08-01 at 16:52.
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 20:58   Link #888
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Side note: I heard Angel Beats was supposed to 24-26 episodes but PA Works was forced to compress it to 13 episodes. That's why I didn't feel PA Works was ready for Rewrite. I guess PA Works is fine too.
I don't like art character design of PA Works
Maybe with artwork of a Na-Ga (Angel Beats!), they did well. But this is Hinoue's artwork, I do not believe they perform well as KyoAni or White Fox.
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 16:02   Link #889
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Well, in my opinion, Rewrite is more likely to be anime-able than say, Little Busters!, being that it has lots of action elements that would be termed to be marketable. Then again, I wouldn't know the current trends in the anime industry, not being an avid follower of that media.

An example would be that I haven't watched the Clannad animation yet, which I know concluded a long time ago. (though I have watched the majority of Angel Beats!)
Old 2011-08-05, 22:58   Link #890
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
KW is pure slice of life and that unspeakable stuff... it is very unique. By the same token so is Rewrite, but people were calling for a Kud Spinoff, she was the most popular character behind Rin. The idea was great, a VN completely devoted to slice of life, romance and one main interest. On a character that was very popular.

Leo, you're very brave to be on this forum if you're going to be avoiding spoilers! I wouldn't even google something with the word rewrite in it . In fact you remind me I shouldn't be here till I'm done with the true route. I spent this entire day writing Lucia essays...
I heard Saya was most popular at least from Ecstasy, and Kyousuke as well (why shouldn't he get a game! I want one so bad!). I think it was in the memorial set. I think if Maeda was writing it I would have been more excited regardless who's spin off it was.

LOL I really want to know people's opinions of the game so when I get around to it I won't be let down. I like reading people's reviews.

Quote:
That would make for a very annoying girl, following the trend seen in Key games.

I've only ever played 2 or 3 otome games, and I have some reservations picturing a Key protagonist insinuating herself into the other male leads' lives, uncovering their secrets and whatnot. And then in the end, becoming their personal rock..

I don't know. It'd look interesting, and Key has proven it can make likable male characters and apply the Key formula somewhat to them. Making them into leads though, is more than just a shift in focus for Key...
It would depend on the heroine's personality yes, but they did make MOON (use in caps not to be confused with rewrite's moon arc, ) so it wouldn't be so far off from having a heroine as a lead. Plus I really love KEY males. I wish they had more background for them. Also as being female, having KEY like story with male characters would be really great.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 12:33   Link #891
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Just finished Terra, I never believed that this game would be this disappointing. I felt like I just read a 2nd Akane route, not something worthy of being called a "True Route". This route had everything I hated about this game, drawn out scenes, politics, overdoing it on the sci-fi, and boring action/espionage scenes that don't get my adrenaline going. And probably the worst offender, that the heroine was missing most of the time. Of course, this being the last route, I really hoped that the entire cast would play a large role, not just one heroine, but I couldn't even get that.

Spoiler for All Rewrite:

Just a few random thoughts(It'd probably take me several pages to voice what I really feel.):
-Ultimately I think it's a decent game, but from the expectations I had from all of the media and from the trial, from all the good things I heard about Romeo, this game is a big disappointment.
-The character designs are amazing, they make characters from other similar mediums look years old, the personalities are unique and multi-dimensional as well,
-I really hate that they spent so much time on explaining the plot every route and all of the politics. And it's always repeated every route, I swear if I have to have about G & G and how they relate to K one more time...
-I find it strange, Kotori gets so many illustrations devoted to her, and she is marketed so much, but her role is rather small in spite of all that.
-80% of the cgs are of the bishoujo-tachi too, but coming out of the terra route, the game seems to be quite lacking in using the casts' charm.
-In the end I think this game has more in common with A Certain Magical Index than any past key game.
Spoiler for The plot:
Rewrite just being more mysterious and dark, with an absurdly convoluted plot device added to the plot to justify the multiple routes.

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-07 at 18:03. Reason: changed to cliff notes
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:30   Link #892
Xyphon101

I wish I knew japanese SOOOO bad right now.
Xyphon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:35   Link #893
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
And probably the worst offender, that the heroine was missing most of the time. Of course, this being the last route, I really hoped that the entire cast would play a large role, not just one heroine, but I couldn't even get that.
uh

I'm not even done with the character routes yet, but it seems pretty obvious to me that Terra is Kotaru's route. Kagari has a route. It's called Moon.

Just like, you know... After Story was Tomoya's route and Refrain was Riki's route.

So yeah.
Old 2011-08-07, 14:55   Link #894
SupaPhly

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphon101 View Post
I wish I knew japanese SOOOO bad right now.
I know that feel. bro
and reading these people on this thread talking about different routes, characters and stuff and the fact that I bought this game (like many other key games) is making it harder for me lol

we'll just play the waiting game and see who in future will start a translation project
SupaPhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 15:44   Link #895
Xyphon101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaPhly View Post
I know that feel. bro
and reading these people on this thread talking about different routes, characters and stuff and the fact that I bought this game (like many other key games) is making it harder for me lol

we'll just play the waiting game and see who in future will start a translation project
Yeah.. I've tried learning Japanese before but I just find it really hard to learn it over the internet. I'll probably try again in the future but I think it would probably be best to take some real tutoring, which I plan on doing in the future, but right now I'm only 16(or, tomorrow I'm turning 16), so I'm going to wait until university.
Xyphon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:28   Link #896
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
uh

I'm not even done with the character routes yet, but it seems pretty obvious to me that Terra is Kotaru's route. Kagari has a route. It's called Moon.

Just like, you know... After Story was Tomoya's route and Refrain was Riki's route.

So yeah.

Wrong, Terra is more like
Spoiler for What route Terra is about:
route. Not that it matters what you label it, but IMO Refrain was the
Spoiler for Little Busters:
It really doesn't matter though, it's obvious they are not following previous templates for their games.

Spoiler for Rewrite Ending:

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-07 at 20:08.
Old 2011-08-07, 19:07   Link #897
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Not much discussion of plot here, I thought it was very complicated and left a lot open to interpretation. Anyone able to give a good summary of how the different events occur?

My interpretation:
Spoiler for All of Rewrite:

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-08 at 03:10.
Old 2011-08-08, 20:32   Link #898
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

List of random thoughts about the game after playing, also thoughts on specific songs of the soundtrack. Somewhat of a semi-review :

What do you guys think of the Rewrite gear? What was it's role? Did it actually serve any gameplay purpose for the player? I think it provides some very important clues to the story.

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-09 at 19:18.
Old 2011-08-08, 23:48   Link #899
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I know that Romeo Tanaka is just sort of a guest writer you would say? KEY doesn't really seem to have any writers that stick around much anymore. I wish Maeda had a hand in some of the weaker parts of the game. Maybe we will get some upgrade version of rewrite, or just a spin off perhaps.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 02:18   Link #900
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Well, in my opinion, Rewrite is more likely to be anime-able than say, Little Busters!, being that it has lots of action elements that would be termed to be marketable. Then again, I wouldn't know the current trends in the anime industry, not being an avid follower of that media.

An example would be that I haven't watched the Clannad animation yet, which I know concluded a long time ago. (though I have watched the majority of Angel Beats!)
I'm not so sure that Rewrite would be more marketable. Air/Kanon/Clannad were all among the best selling dvd series in the year that they were released. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...sales+for+2005) and were pretty much always the best selling dvd the week they came out according to ANN articles. If we go by current trends, far as sales go, the genre doesn't matter too much as long as the show is good. There seem to be as many action flops as non action flops. Actually, moe shows without action seem to be the most popular type of series at the moment. It really seems to be about the moeness of the characters and the quality of the show more than anything.

The shows that KyoAni, the go-to studio for Key have so far done:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kyoto Animation
43064 ** K-ON!
41038 *8 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
39385 *6 K-ON!!
29146 12 Lucky☆Star
24808 *8 CLANNAD
24346 *6 AIR
19052 *8 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu ("New Animation")
19884 *8 CLANNAD AFTER STORY
17253 *8 Kanon 2006
14641 *3 Suzumiya Haruhi-chan to Nyoron☆Churuya-san
*8917 *6 Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
*4833 *7 Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
The one action show on there is Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, which is more reflective of that series' popularity rather than the genre. (Fumoffu is a comedy of the same series' featuring the characters in daily life.) K-ON seems to get by on strength of having moe characters. I really don't quite understand why it does 40k, not much happens in that show . Don't get me wrong, I love me some K-ON, but it does seem like they sell so well because of it's two most moe characters, Mio and Azusa. (Mio Akiyama is the VA that I mentioned sounds like Lucia btw ). Mmm, I bet a show about Lucia would really murder sales.

But, I don't see why LB would get skipped over, on vndb it's rated higher than Air/Kanon/Rewrite. Well, possibly they could try to capitalize on Rewrite's popularity at the moment, but I very much doubt it would do better sales than LB. LB would probably be easier to animate, (I'm not sure, but it seems an action anime would be harder to animate.)

Thinking about it, Rewrite being made into an anime would probably be really weird as far as anime go. Just imagining an anime with it's first half of the series being a comedy/slice of life/occult and then turning full-on into sci-fi/psychological/suspense/thriller later on... I don't think I've ever seen an anime genre shift like that . I'd like to see it though. It might help the action scenes to see a weapon actually hitting something and some gory corpses and stuff. But by current trends, a Comedy Slice of Life like Little Busters seems like it would do swimmingly. Plus I never understood why people think it'd be hard to animate or create a linear script for LB(When Compared to Air/Kanon/Clannad). The main route in LB brings all the characters together better than any of the past shows, and I could easily see them exploring all of the issues the heroines confront in their routes (Except for one, maybe two) without having to "Rewind" the story to erase any relations the main character had. They would pretty much have to rewind every time in Rewrite, just because it's based so much on the plot as much as the issues the heroine confronts. Maybe they could just reset it everytime, more and more anime seem to be trying to capture the essence of what it felt like to play the game rather than trying to make an "anime" out of it. (Amagami SS not following a linear route. Idolmaster doesn't voice or animate the main character it only shows a First Person view like in the game.)

Ultimately though, other than having White Fox Character designs and an OP, I don't know why they would go out of order. Arguably LB has it's own advantages, more focus on slice of life and having heroines be moe, it's been around longer, things I said in the past paragraph etc. I'm not too high on White Foxes character designs either. I find all of Hinoue's original character designs to be absolutely breath-taking. But when I look at the White Fox character designs I don't find them very aesthetically pleasing. Or shall we say moe . It would seem kinda ghetto to use the same OP for the anime as you did the VN too.

BTW Edit: Umineko no Naku Koro ni ***861+***528=*1,389 (13) (Studio Deen)
Ugh, not that it means Rewrite would do bad, but kinda interesting anyway. Never seen the show, but Ryukishi won't guarantee you any sales I guess :P. (1400 sales dvd+blu-ray combined, people discussing sales in the thread say you need 3-5k to break even.)
Angel Beats! 11,802+22,308=34,110 (7) (P.A. Works)
Angel beats kicked ass though(with sales), Rewrite is more similar to this than Umineko. I would guess this is about what Rewrite would do if the animation was good.

Edit: Toei Animation: 8919 *7 Kanon (2002), Instead of getting something animated ASAP, it's probably better that they wait for Kyo-Ani to help out, or A-1/P.A., someone who will take care of it very well. not sure about White Fox, but I'm not crazy about it from the VN's OP (This is Toei's second best selling series too, and they have like a billion series). If you've seen both series, you know that the sales represent the quality of the animation too.

Also most action series are able to boost manga sales from releasing their own anime. So shows like Bleach which don't sell too many volumes, make a ton off of increased manga sales. Since Rewrite probably won't have any new games coming out, they would have to sell more dvds/blu-rays to break even.

Rewrite or Little Busters would both probably very easily do 10k/volume. If Key wanted too, they could easily get a studio to animate their products, many studios would be chomping at the bit to animate one of Key's works. I think the problem would be the quality, Key probably doesn't want any old studio animating their works, if it comes out as bad quality, that doesn't really help them in the long run. It would be better for them to wait for a quality studio to do their work justice and make big sales for bigger profit/reputation.

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-08-10 at 02:07. Reason: Oops, said Mio & Akiyama, meant to say Mio & Azusa :D

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel