AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 10:01   Link #16381
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Seeing how the Ep 7 thread is up, shall we move the conversation over to there?
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:14   Link #16382
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's what Will thought, after he barged at Lion's rescue (oh boy, Will is definitely badass. All the comments about him from 2ch aren't groundless).
However, it is definitely not Lion.
The episode begins with Battler and ends with Battler, in the same location and regarding the same topic as dominates a huge portion of the episode. The truth, in the form of the story, consistently suggests it's to Beatrice from October 1986.

Who does that suggest is the Game Master?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:22   Link #16383
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The episode begins with Battler and ends with Battler, in the same location and regarding the same topic as dominates a huge portion of the episode. The truth, in the form of the story, consistently suggests it's to Beatrice from October 1986.

Who does that suggest is the Game Master?
To me, that suggests Battler is the game master showing a message to Beatrice as cue the whole burial scene at the start where he didn't know what to say.

Either that...or Goldsmith is the game master, considering he has the stronger tie to Beatrice than everyone else.

But after watching the Tea Party of episode7 (not understanding anything) does
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-08-15, 10:30   Link #16384
ArcticHelm

It could be Ryu's not-so-subtle way of breaking the forth wall and saying the readers are the gamemasters of the 7th game... considering all the craziest and nastiest of theories are inserted into the board this time around. If that's not the case, I think he probably at least likes comparing us to the cats. I'm not sure if I should chide him for being lazy or feel sad for suggesting that's how we treat a story "with love."
ArcticHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:40   Link #16385
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

That's also very possible. After all, most of what Bern talks about it is basically what fans have speculated. One reason to be suspect of it, but it doesn't seem like it's all false either.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:42   Link #16386
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

I keep reading and trying to believe it. And I keep tripping over details that seem minor, but immediately stand out and crystallise into an impression that the story is just wishful thinking.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:45   Link #16387
Kitsu
The unlucky one

For me the whole Episode 7 felt like puzzeling all the little pieces you already gathered are coming together...but somehow I just don't like the motive of the puzzle.

Oh and also some pieces somehow don't fit it.
Old 2010-08-15, 10:45   Link #16388
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Hmm I still can't imagine Battler falling in love with Beato after reading this.

remember when Beato pulled a fast one on Battler (and Bern, as she was his ally) in EP 3?
Well what if Battler and Bern are taking revernge and now reverse that game?
This way they would still find out the truth and deal a blow to Beato at the same time.
The rest was a farce to show Bern his Meta investigation results.
And yeah its a ridiculous theory, but I like it .

What we can learn from EP 7:
'Beatrice' has to be someone who knows all of the seven sisters...
That reduces the number of possible cultprints again:
Natsuhi, Krauss, Genji, Nanjo, Jessica, Ghoda, Kanon

then apllying Knox: A servant annot be the cultprint:

Natsuhi, Krauss, Jessica, Nanjo
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:06   Link #16389
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Hmm I still can't imagine Battler falling in love with Beato after reading this.
Well this is a story without love after all. But yeah it does limit the potential culprits down a lot. Thanks to the red about the servants It makes things a lot more easier. In my opinion the mastermind has to be one of the adults but I need a little more detail on the adults actions after the discovery of the gold. For example what they might have said. More specifically Kryie's words and actions...
Old 2010-08-15, 11:07   Link #16390
Used Can

Kyrie is certainly one scary bitch.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:23   Link #16391
ArcticHelm

It's a little problematic for me, as I'm not really sure what one should consider a mastermind. If we want to consider setting up the bomb, then we could just call Kinzo the mastermind and other killings just to be a mesh of opportunistic individuals, accidents and misunderstandings. If you want to consider the mastermind a person who just does what they want when things start going south, you could consider it Kyrie/Rudolf at least for ep7. I'm not sure anyone went there just to kill everyone.

And yes, Kyrie is a bitch... I don't know if I'd call her a mastermind per-say, but she definitely wins the "top 3 reward" for worst people on the island. o -o)
Old 2010-08-15, 11:31   Link #16392
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

I personally like Kryie so, I would like to know what makes her a bitch, (aside from the whole killing thing). I'm sorry I should have been more clear with my words... by mastermind I mean who we would call Beatrice. If I can claim that Kryie is a candidate then I can possible come up with a reason why I think so. I'm not surprised if Kinzo did in fact wanted to blow everything up but I still see no proof other than him saying he will leave nothing behind.
Old 2010-08-15, 11:39   Link #16393
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I like the The readers are the Gamemaster' theory btw...

It would greately explain why Wright appeared...

I therefore proclaim...

Wright + Battler = Phoenix Wright! *rofl*

Edit:

To the whole Kinzo set the bomb theory:
About which Kinzo are we talking?
The real one or the 'recognized Kinzo'?

The real one died at least a year ago, and I think a bomb with a timer x > 72h would violate the Knox rule about unknown devices... At least if we consider that its 1986...
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:54   Link #16394
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall
Skipping through it, I didn't get a sense of how long it was. It felt shorter than other episodes, and it had a relatively short Tea Party and a ???? about on par with the shortest ones (ep1, ep2 and ep6 especially). However when you're speeding through it's hard to gauge that.
goddamn, i wish the tea parties would contain something more at least... uu...uu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer
Ya, Lambda and Featherine were only in the ????. Battler and Virgillia just at the start, Ronove, Suit-Beato, and MARIA in a short little scene. Oh, and Sakutaro too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Tjfarmer'
In other words, NO Erika, Dlanor, Gertrude, and Cornelia. Didn't see anything from them. Might be missing a few Meta on my list though.... so many of them it seems.

why....but why Ryukishi...... My Super paper, my miko-Ange, cape!Battler, moetrice, Hanyuu, BernxLambda scenes, the best detective EVER, DIE THE DEATH, having fun in the meta world drinking Ronove's tea, blue/red arguments, bunnies, ass neechan, staking Battler's everything, where THE HELL ARE THEY?!?!!?! im not sure if i should be pissed or depressed really...

also how can you live 18 years with your sibling and not know his/hers gender ?

also the lack of true gameboard..

fan RAGE and emotions aside, I understand backstory and revealing something from time to time (lol) is important, but you cant just completely dismiss over half of the cast that people love and waited to see for 8 months... and the flashbacks drags as hell and could very easily be reduced....
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:58   Link #16395
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually when you think about it, it's perfectly plausible for the entire Dlanor squad to be absent given that Erika has been erased from the game, assuming Dlanor and her pair are bound to Erika. Likewise it would also make sense for Knox's Rules to no longer apply as it was Erika who insisted on their existence in the first place.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:00   Link #16396
DgBarca

Of course, isn't it obvious ?
We are the game master of this game...EP1 ???? anyone ? "You are my game piece". The informations she has is ours, WE ARE BERNKASTEL AHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA*cackle*cackle*....hum...sorry...
But yeah, EP7 is definitely ours...which seems...good for EP8.

It seems that the fans are raging over their owns theories...
Bernkastel, Witch of the Internet.
Oh gawd.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:00   Link #16397
ArcticHelm

I have my own ideas on this one, but my Japanese is entirely too rudimentary to properly understand even reading through it another two or three times. >:
Spoiler for Some EP7 ending stuff:
I think we've gotten a lot of hints about that relationship, but I don't think we'll be given anything more concrete... It seems to be the nature of Beatrice. Without love, it can't be seen; without love, you'll probably never have an answer.

Last edited by ArcticHelm; 2010-08-15 at 12:11.
Old 2010-08-15, 12:07   Link #16398
ArcticHelm

It's possible that Jessica actually is well aware of Rion's status, but chooses not to discuss it much like Battler refuses to expose Beatrice's heart. In that sort of situation, I think it'd be momentously cruel to talk about it. I suggested earlier that either Rion has a definitive gender that no one wants to discuss for some reason, or possible they are/were both. Kinzo has his problem with 12 toes, so why can't poor Yasu/Rion have their own uhh... private problem. o -o)a

Either way, with the nature of the board, revealing it seems to be a good way to dash someone's "happy-couple ending" in the Golden land.
Old 2010-08-15, 12:08   Link #16399
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Actually when you think about it, it's perfectly plausible for the entire Dlanor squad to be absent given that Erika has been erased from the game, assuming Dlanor and her pair are bound to Erika. Likewise it would also make sense for Knox's Rules to no longer apply as it was Erika who insisted on their existence in the first place.
yess, i know but first, i still believed that maybe someone would bring Erika back in one way or another since we all know nobody can really die forever in meta world, secondly, summoned creatures could be still summoned by somebody else, just like Bunnies and waitresses was summoned by various people in the series T_T
and i really wanted Dlanor being all "oniichan" with Will ...
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:12   Link #16400
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

...I'm not sure why should we care, when Leon's existence is even more ephemeral than that of Beatrice.

I mean, come on, (s)he is explicitly said to only exist at very low probabilities, who cares what gender it is?...

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote